Community post

Discussion

Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)

View Full Post

Looking to see if there are any ladies out there trying to conceive in the "older" (I can't believe I said that) years.... :) Any luck? Any challenges? Baby dust to all of you!!!

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

231 - 240 of 327 Replies | Last Page

OMG @ttc@41!!! That is awesome news!
and tons of !!!!

User Image

12 years ago

Hello ladies,

I am 42 and ttc for 2 months now. I had my copper IUD removed in January after 7 long years.....now am afraid I waited to long to have another baby. I know its been only 2 months that we have been ttc and i dont want to feel like there is no hope for us.
I dont know why but for the past 2 months that we have been ttc I could swear I feel pregnant, I have all the symptoms and i get my hopes high to just find out that AF arrives on time.
I wish all of you good luck in ttc

Baby dust to all

12 years ago

Thanks everyone. I am going back to the doc again today to get another quant level checked. My last one was Tuesday so it's been 48 hours today, but I am not feeling very hopeful at all. I am almost positive that I am about to have a chemcal again. My preg tests this morning are lighter than yesterdays tests. I used the Answer brand and the Dollar Tree brand yesterday morning and this morning and I could tell that the Answer brand was just a smidge lighter than the one yesterday. The Dollar Tree brand was very light and took at least 10 minutes to even show a line. Another big clue to me is that I am not having any pregnancy symptoms whatsoever. In fact I feel better now then I did when I wasn't pregnant. Is that normal to not have any symptoms right now. I should be at 16 dpo from my calculations. I am peeing a lot but only in the mornings. I have drank nothing but water for the last week and even wondered if that could be causing the lighter tests. The only hope I have right now is if what ttc@41 said that the tests won't be the same colors until the beta levels are in the thousands. I am so hoping this is true! But, I really feel that this one is not going to stick again. I will keep you guys updated as soon as I know something today. Thank you all so much for your responses. This is so scary!

Paradise

12 years ago

Hello Ladies, I'm not familiar with all of the appreviations so forgive me for spelling it all out. I'm 42 and have been trying to conceive for 5 mths but 'actively' for 1 mth. I started using an ovulation kit and measuring my bbt. I had no idea that TTC was going to be so difficult. I have 2 sons 26 y/o and 20 y/o. Some would say I'm crazy but being a mom is my favorite thing in the world. My concern is having a healthy baby, of course. I'm 5 dpo and I started feeling fevered yesterday; still just don't feel good. I had some pain in my R ovary which is the ovary that ovulated. Every month, on the week past ovulation I started feeling pregnant. I swore I was pregnant last month and ended up not. My bf and I decided to give this 4 months. That's it! I'm not sure I could handle much more than that. I'm starting to obsess over it. I joined this site to give and receive support.

12 years ago

Congratulations @ttc@41!!!!!! so awesome!!

kind of in a fog atm, but to the person that thanked me for giving HOPE for having our 11 mth old son, I feel there is always HOPE, if it is in God's plan for us.

Now i'm having anxiety issues, as I do believe I just got 2 very faint positives on FRER. Even my son sees the lines, so maybe its just not me???? Posted the pics, but the pics really don't do much justice although it is very faint and I am 9dpo today. as my daughter would say "OH MY GOOODERNESS!" going to wait and test again tomorrow morning, and wait to tell hubby until I know for sure and it's not another chemical, but last mth with my chemical I didn't even get a faint until 11dpo. Could this be my easter gift to my family? what a blessing, and also estimated due date would be Dec. 18, 4 days after my birthday. wooohoooo. hard not trying to get my hopes up.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

12 years ago

Wow! I think we need to do a BFP role call, we're gettin' knocked up all over the place!!! LOL!

Afm: I got my numbers back for the 1st draw...I know I have to wait for the 2nd draw for conclusive results but my hcg is 656, which as far as I can tell from "Dr. Google" is pretty good at this point (17 dpo) and my progesterone is 37.5!!! Even the nurse said that was a great #! I know "be careful what you ask for" but I do wish I was feeling more. It just make a girl feel a little more secure!

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

12 years ago

Ok ladies, I went in and got another quant test done but wont have the results for a couple more hours but I had to let you ladies know something that I just found out from the lab tech and i beleive she is right because I tested it... I asked her why in the world are my home preg tests still not giving me a good dark line as dark as the control line. She said if I have been drinking a lot of water, even if it is first morning urine, that the water will dilute my urine. I have been drinking NOTHING but water for a week now and guess what? I came back home after drinking a Burger King Frappe and had to pee again so I thought I would do two more tests. This time I used a first Response (they have seemed to give me the best lines since Friday) and I used another Dollar Tree test... OMG... the First Response test line is almost as dark as the control line. The Dollar Tree test is still lighter but it was actually darker than the one that I used this morning with fmu was. Can you believe this? Who would have thought that drinking lots of water would dilute the urine even by using fmu. That made my day to see that darker line but I am impatiently waiting for my results to see if my numbers increased any since Tuesday. I am praying they go up. I will post soon.

Paradise

12 years ago

Wow!! Look at all the "fine wine chicks" getting pregnant! I love it... Yes, can we have a roll call and perhaps a drum roll.... :)

So here's what I think so far for the BFPs on this thread..

Destinystar
TTC41
Airiesing
Paradise
Angel

Welcome cykrnn and scal!! :)

I am so inspired by the strong ladies on this thread!! xxx

T

12 years ago • Post starter

yeppers I think i have, my BFP. I just had to pee on something. so i held it and held it, and did another FRER and got another faint positive. so trying reallly hard to wait until tomorrow to do my next test. I have the first two in the gallery. to see what others see, to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Cuz at first I thought my oldest was just being a smart aleck. Kind of hard to see in the pics but they're there.

Congratulations to all you other ladies, wooohooo! MY thoughts and prayers to you all.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

12 years ago

Paradise: I also get a stronger result in the day not from my FMU.

The list is getting longer of BFPs, good luck everyone, i wish you all pregnancy sickness, sore breasts and lots of toilet stops!

User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo