Community post

Discussion

Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)

View Full Post

Looking to see if there are any ladies out there trying to conceive in the "older" (I can't believe I said that) years.... :) Any luck? Any challenges? Baby dust to all of you!!!

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

201 - 210 of 327 Replies | Last Page

Hey there ladies! SUPER busy day here, 2hr rehearsal, errands, run home change clothes, slap on make-up, kid to sitter, off to a wedding all by 1pm. Just got home & I am WIPED!

Welcome JSS!!

Destiny: Looked you up on CMP & put you on my follow list!!

MM: Prayers & hugs to you & yours

Sorry I don't have the strength to detail everybody, thank you all so much for the kudos!!!

AFM: Broke down & told the DH last night 'cause I'm lousy at keeping things from him (probably a good thing most of the time!) Took 2 tests today, 1 @FMU not much darker but came up MUCH faster. and a generic digi at noon....on about a 30min hold, barely squeezed out enough to do the test! But it was a big ol' BFP! YAY! Feeling queezy & having a headache, I already feel more pg than I did w/ the MC last fall so that has to be a good sign. That was one of the things that tipped off at that point; nothing felt right, I was a nervous wreck from the start and I think it was my body telling me so. Plan to call the doc Monday so we'll see!! Off to crash on the couch!

Cheers my fine wine ladies!!!

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

12 years ago

I'm 38...and old. :( I got pregnant very easily last February and miscarried in April. Since then, we haven't had any luck. I'm in the 2WW now, and if this doesn't work, we'll start fertility treatments next month. BOO! How about you?

12 years ago

Can I join? I'm 42, will be 43 in May. In the 2ww, 9dpo and addicted to poas like alot of people. Had lunch with some good friends today who gave us lots of reasons not to have another baby. I guess the one that got to me was, "you know the risks, right?" Standing strong in the midst of family and friends that think we are "too old" and that we should be "enjoying" our life. Humph!Blessings and baby dust to all!

User Image

12 years ago

Welcome Swimmom and MamaLink! I'm 38 (soon to be 39) and in the tww too (not too hopeful though).

Congrats again to aireising!

User Image Me: 39 DH: 40 DS: 2.5 (3 in October) conceived at 35, born at 36 11/11 mc 8 weeks 2/12 mc 4 weeks 5/12 mc 5 weeks

12 years ago

Good Morning...I am drinking coffee and reading through our thread!! :) We're never too old - I met a woman who had her last child at 47 - and she was beautiful! ;) Although, I hope I am not having my last at 47...lol!

Welcome JSS, Swim and Mamalink! We love new spunk and fine wines...in the group!

Thinking of everyone today - and hope we are smiling, inspired and taking care of ourselves! And those that have had loss lately, I hope your peace is fighting through..

I am 3 or 4 dpo. No symptoms except still exhausted from the week! I do have a little lower back pain, not sure what that's all about but...fingers are always crossed in hope that we were successful!! :) Think today will be a yardwork day -

Baby dust to each and every fabulous lady on this thread!!

T

12 years ago • Post starter

hi all

Can't chat to long just want to say YEAAAAAAAA "AIR" soooo happy you got your BFP!!!!! Hope more to come

14 DPO for me and the hit me hard this morning....haven't had this bad of cramps or bleeding ever
sooooo off to the clinic tomorrow to get baseline work and ultrasound to see if we can finally start injections

good luck to those in tww and happy bding to those waiting to "O"

HAPPY THOUGHTS

12 years ago

Welcome Swimmom and MamaLink!

Swimmom, I'll be 43 in July... I have a little boy who is turning 5 in June.

I desperately want another one. I wish I could have three kids, but I know this will not happen anymore in this life, however, I very much wish that I will be lucky to get second.

DBF and I have been trying for 11 cycles - including two ICSI cycles - without any success so far... :( I am in the preps to ICSi #3 (currently on BCPs). Since December, I have been on a bunch of supps that are said to help with improving egg quality, including DHEA and CoQ10. I am praying that the ICSI will work this time...

airiesing... Great job on the BFP :)

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

Well I'm exhausted! But I doubt it's pg stuff because I had to back to back concerts to sing today...in heels, ugh! I was up to potty @ 3:30a & couldn't go back to sleep so I got out of bed at 4...caught up on some netflix!

Anyway, had a lil tiny bit of spotting today but I still had another digi bfp and that was after I saw the spotting because I was freaked! So I think I'm ok. REALLY paranoid of another chem.

Once I get rolling I'll probably get to be a lurker & just check in but right now I feel better here.

Welcome Swimmom & Mamalink!!

@toronto: What is ISCI?? I thought I was up on all my acronyms LOL

Rj: Thanks!! Good luck tomorrow!!!

Hope: Wonderful morning, wonderful thoughts!! My mother goes to church w/ a gal whose daughter had a SURPRISE baby at 50!!! There's still good eggs in the hatchery LOL!!

Mama_belle: Thanks!! You're almost through the 1ww!! I think the 1st week is so much worse. So boring and half the time when you say you feel something people shoot you down saying it's too early!! I have to say w/ all of my pregnancies, I've felt something....they might have been vague but in retrospect, I think we feel plenty!!!

Cheers to you ladies!!!!!

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

12 years ago

Hello to all you beautiful ladies!
just wanted to say hi and welcome you new ladies too!
it was a beautiful weekend and so busy but my little granddaughter had a great birthday. thank goodness i have finished my second cycle of clomid..Whew you know that my DH is thankful too, those ugly side effects just kill me. I am so sensative to meds. thats why i usually go natural or herbs. but anyways waiting to have the big O...hopefully in the next 5 days. you ladies know how AF messed me up and showed itself when doctor told me to go ahead and start the clomid.
Well gotta take that nice quite spa bath now....hehe
good nigh ladies

Donna J. User Image User Image

12 years ago

Hi everyone, I won't be 38 til August

I'm either 8 or 9 dpo on a 29 day cycle. Ov on the 23 or 24th. Been TTC for 9 months no luck. I have an 18 year old(G), 12 year old(G) and a 5 yr old (B) with no problems conceiving any of them.

Decided to have one more before the clock stops.

Was having some problems with my cycle last year doctor basically told me not to worry cause I shouldn"t be worrying about having any more so I went to a herbalist. Wonderful choice, she suggested Vitex to regulate my cycles and they have worked wonders.

This month has been kinda strange for me though. I've never experienced ov spotting but I think I did this month. I have never experienced anything like this with my other pregnancies and I have to admit I'm wondering if my age has something to do with this.

Spotted in the afternoon on the 24th and had a whitish discharge later that evening but nothing else, just the one time one day. Has me wondering what's going on. Hoping for some input.

Since March 24th, I've been campy with pulling sensation in lower abdomen, mild headaches everyday late in the afternoon, achy, sleepy but have trouble sleeping at night, boobs achy, tender and heavy, period not due til the 7th of April.

Curious to know if anyone else has had similar experiences.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo