Community post

Discussion

Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)

View Full Post

Looking to see if there are any ladies out there trying to conceive in the "older" (I can't believe I said that) years.... :) Any luck? Any challenges? Baby dust to all of you!!!

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

261 - 270 of 327 Replies | Last Page

Started a forum in CMP "moms to be of fine wine vintage"

I still want to come in here & chat but I know sometimes (and some subjects) are hurtful to those still trying so.....AND I wanted to be able to find all my friends and gather new ones!!! Keep 'em comin'!!!

Cheers ladies!!

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

12 years ago

That was an excellent idea @airiesing!

Actually, it'll probably be time to start the next iteration of this group too... I think after 15 pages?

User Image

12 years ago

Hey all!

Sorry I've been MIA, I went on a trip and then was busy with Easter and sending my DH on a 15 day business trip to China. I'm single mom'ing it for the next two weeks.

to everyone who got a and big hugs to Angel and everyone else who is still waiting.

AFM, I'm still waiting for the HCG to get completely gone after my ectopic. I tested on Friday and it was still positive, not yet a squinter, but getting fainter. I thought for sure it would be gone by now, but I guess in the "grand plan" this way my DH will be home for the O after I finally get AF again. I'm waiting on that so that I can book my HSG.

I'll try to check in and post more regularly.

Luck and hugs to all!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

12 years ago

I will be 40 in 2 weeks today...my fiance and me have decided to have a baby. He has never had one. I have been on the pill since my last birth - 16 years...just got off the pill right around ovulation...

scared...nervous...anxious...excited...

User Image

12 years ago

Just an update ladies. Went in for my first ultrasound yesterday and as expected, he wasn't able to see anything but a small sac this early. That part scares me even though I realize it's way too early for them to see much of anything else. I told him that I am terrified of a blighted ovum happening and he tried to reassure me that everything looked fine so far. My hcg numbers had went up again to 970 from 242 Thursday so he said that was where it should be for me being 4 weeks and 5 days preggo as of yesterday. He scheduled another ultrasound for next week so hopefully he will be able to see something then. I am trying my hardest to stay hopeful and positive but it's so scary knowing that any little thing can go wrong and after that chemical in November, I think it just traumitized me. Also, I just started noticing some very light cramping this morning. Are my symptoms just now starting to kick in now or what? The only other thing I have noticed is breast tenderness and it seems to come and go. Airiesing, where did you start that other forum at? Is it still on this site? I totally agree that it can be sometimes hurtful for the other ladies still hoping for their bfps to see all of the others getting theres. I was in that boat not too long ago. Can't wait to see all the others get theirs though.

Paradise

12 years ago

paradise, it is not hurtful at all!!! quite the opposite-I sincerely LOVE seeing other's BFPs, it is something very POSITIVE that promotes "those who are not spring chicken can get preggo too" - so you very welcomed guest! Keep us updated!

12 years ago

Just FYI... the other forum is on http://www.countdownmypregnancy.com/

User Image

12 years ago

Oh I agree with Esperanza's comment! I love it...so please keep visiting!! :)

Hi ladies! And welcome Christiana! :)

CD 1 - I am like clockwork - 25 day cycle. 13 day ovulation. But this month, I'd like to change that!

Think I will really stop everything. No sneaking temps, or anything. ;) It's so hard to try and go without aids - because I feel like I should be doing every possible thing I can to be successful! I also think that gets in the way. I am pretty consistant so I know the time to try etc. So this month, I vow to relax. :)

I'm off my bestfriends wedding this weekend! Will be thinking of all of you! Stay positive and happy!

Baby dust gals!! xxo

T

12 years ago • Post starter

Hi ladies,

checking back in... It's exciting to hear that all you preggo ladies are doing well. It's indeed keeping up my good spirits and hope to read about your successes :-)

Ladies,

Destinystar
TTC41
Airiesing
Paradise

I am curious, how about you add a little more funky details to your nickname... like

How long did you try to get your BFP this time?

Is this your first pregnancy?

How old are you?

Did you do anything special in the cycle you conceived??

Would love to hear from you!!

AFM: Took my downregulation shot tonight. Still 4 more BCPs to go. This time, praying for the first time that AF will show soon next week so I can start stimming...

fx

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

I may not always post, but I do check this thread very frequently. I just can't stay away.. lol. I'm glad that everyone is cool with that because you all are the best!!!!!

here ya go, Toronto!

How long did you try to get your BFP this time?
About a year. If I would've known it would take that long, I would've started earlier.

Is this your first pregnancy?
Nope. I have a DD that will be 2 next month. I've had one MMC and two chemicals since starting to TTC #2, and finally got one that seems to want to stick with me (thank the Lord).

How old are you?
Just turned 39 in March.

Did you do anything special in the cycle you conceived??
Kind of, and not really. I can't really say that anything I did differently really helped me to conceive.... because I didn't seem to have issues getting pregnant before, my issue was STAYING pregnant.

Granted, there were months that passed that I got BFNs, but I think that is just the nature of the beast. For the most part, the BFPs seemed to come within realistic timeframes (less than 4-6 months of trying). I naively expected everything to go as smoothly as w/my DD where I got pregnant on the first try with no special TTC tricks, and carried to full term. So, after the MMC I tried charting, temping, OPKs, you name it... and guess what happened? The chemicals. Once I finally resolved to NOT stress myself out about TTC, it happened.

Three key things that were different during my successful cycle were:
1. Baby aspirin every day (doc suggested after the last chemical)
2. Vitamin B complex - in addition to prenatals, fish oils, etc that I'd already been taking
3. Pineapple core after ovulation (I'd read that bromelain helps with implantation)

After my BFP, I started a regimen of 400mg of progesterone every night, vaginally. So far, so good.

I go to the doctor tomorrow morning... I haven't been in four weeks and I'm rather anxious.

User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo