Community post

Discussion

Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)

View Full Post

Looking to see if there are any ladies out there trying to conceive in the "older" (I can't believe I said that) years.... :) Any luck? Any challenges? Baby dust to all of you!!!

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

271 - 280 of 327 Replies | Last Page

Hey ladies! Don't worry! I know I'll be back in...right now I just in the worry wort stage but doing ok. I just don't want to be in here in the 9th complaining about all my aches & pains when I've been on the other side pining for those aches & pains!!! LOL!

AFM: Finally getting a bit of nausea, but I'm not sure if it's me or the progesterone supplements. I'm on my 2nd day. I've never taken them before. I had the script from the chemical pg I had in Feb, I never filled it because I started bleeding that day & tests went negative that same day (period was 4 days late).

Honestly, we kind of get pg like falling off a truck! At least when we really try....DD was a honeymoon baby, we weren't really trying but, well, it was our honeymoon! It took us 4 months of officially trying to conceive last July when we mc'd in late Aug. I had the d&c in early Sept..3weeks later I had a very strange, short period & then nothing until December. I took Vitex/chasteberry for 2 days & got the mother of all periods!!! I think January was the first time I ovulated & that was the chem. I had one full cycle & now here we are again. I just pray this one sticks!!! I truly feel at the moment, that if it doesn't..we're done. I can't keep going through all of this stuff.

That's why, when I had the drop in progesterone, even though it was still high I had to go on the supplement.

I had the tiniest bit of spotting last night. Light, light light pink cm. If I hadn't been looking I wouldn't have noticed. Nothing today, even after a workout (swim) I hope it was just stretching or something because my bb's were actually hurting worse than they ever had before. If I have any more I will call but this was at midnight & I'm already on progesterone...what would they do?? and I don't want any bad mojo in my brain just yet! Not while we still have a fighting chance!

Whew! that's been rattling around in my brain all day! Good to get it out

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

12 years ago

Hey DestinyStarr,

very cool :) thanks!!

airiesing...

Sounds like you are doing fine this time around :) Best of luck!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

Me thinks the morning sickness.......she has arrived. URP.

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

11 years ago

Beuller??..............Beuller???

11 years ago

Heya, 70s sisters!

Let me reiterate that I love hearing our BFPs and post-BFP journeys. Keep 'em coming! Have a healthy and happy 9 months.

Just checking in with update on myself and my mom.

Mom Does Not Have Cancer! It looks like she has an organ infection or inflammation so whew! Bad news is that she is too weak for many diagnostic tests. Worse news is that I have been unable to support her and my sister as much as I would like due to upheaval here at home. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

AFM, I had my first two fertility acupuncture appointments, good blood work and SA for dh, and first u/s to look at ovaries, follicles, hunt for fibroids and polyps, and uterine lining thickness. All results were good!

I ovulated 3 days early this cycle and have been bd'ing nearly everyday as adversity has been very inspirational for both of us. LOL My acupuncturist (also an osteopath) put me on a special diet which is easy to follow so I'll share: (for meat eaters)

Eat cooked vegetables, especially leafy greens; if uncooked, eat only after hot food and at room temperature
Drinks should be room temp also
Eat minimum 30-50% organic meats
CD 6 Until O, eat beef daily (broth ok)
For 1 week after O, eat pineapple including core (we juice the pineapple)
After O, eat chicken

Avoid: mangoes, melons and pure coconut water
Limit to 1-2/week: oranges, bananas, strawberries
Eat fresh fruit After meals

HTH,
MM at 5dpo (despite whatever my ticker decides to say this time :) )

MountainMama -- 47 year old mom of 3 (20yo DD, 17yo DD, 4.5yo DS) TTC #4

11 years ago

It seems strange to do a happy dance about this...but AF is here!!! Onto my hsg and then next cycle I'm back on the fertility treatment horse!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

Ok well ladies back at it again this month. AF was only 2.5 days long. I did some research and found out about soy isoflavones. I took 120mg cd2-cd5. today is cd6, my temp spiked this morning and a pos. opk. is it possible to O this early or could the soy iso's give a false pos? we anyways just in case but was just wondering what y'alls thoughts were?

also added fish oil, and preseed this cycle as well in addition to prenatal vitamins.

to all those with there journey or BFP's

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

OMG, here is a big ole vent coming. I will hit return a few times for those who don't want to hear a vent.

I am fairly certain I am preggers, we'll see on Sunday when AF shows up or not. Currently I am only 7dpo but hoo boy! the symptoms.

Speaking of which, I am having horrible uterine cramps which are all stress-induced because I am surrounded by people who I have hired to do a job but then don't seem to be able to execute in their supposed expertise area! (They are exactly like the ones I had with ds and dd. Me? A stress case? )

This is causing me an enormous amount of stress as I need to delegate as much as possible since dealing with family medical issues and attempting stress reduction in order to ttc.

So yes, this is a big whine but I hope y'all don't mind the break from my usual pattern of (attempted, sometimes achieved) zen. I do understand that I need to fire these guys if my assistant cannot turn them around for us and I do have a plan B in place but argh, I sometimes wish the world was perfect.

Okay, just talking this out has helped somewhat. Is anybody else here as much of a stress case as I can be sometimes? Do you have some tips to share?

Baby dust to all and yay to lisserb on her returning AF!

I am going to try to do some yoga stretches and calm myself down.

Peace and thank you for listening,
MM

11 years ago

So, after my embarrassing and not at all cathartic tantrum earlier, what relaxed me wasn't yoga.

It was walking.

I am not much of a walker, although I do like to hike and I love to wander around with my friends.

But, during both of my labors, I walked and walked and walked and it brought me peace. How could I have forgotten that?

So, I wandered around the yard and admired our trees and let the roar inside me subside.

Peace,
MM

11 years ago

MMama...Wow!!My fingers are crossed for you!!! :) Ranting and venting always allowed in this group :)

Lisserb - So happy to hear your path is going well! You can do it!!

Spent the weekend in a cabin in the Colorado Rockies - it was beautiful and so very relaxing!

Ahh.....a new week! Not sure what cycle day I am maybe 8ish...I am not counting this time nor am I looking or sneaking temps. It's kinda nice! I hope I can keep up this attitude! We'll see!

xxoo
Keep smiling and loving madly!

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo