Community post

Discussion

Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)

View Full Post

Looking to see if there are any ladies out there trying to conceive in the "older" (I can't believe I said that) years.... :) Any luck? Any challenges? Baby dust to all of you!!!

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 327 Replies | Last Page

Welcome to all the new ladies!!

My from this morning still looks pretty light, but it is slightly darker than last nights. I'm hoping it keeps getting darker!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

12 years ago

CONGRATS Lisserb!! Sending to you!!!!

User Image

12 years ago

WOO HOO lisserb!!!!! Congrats honey!!!

User Image

12 years ago

Welcome to our latest sisters of the 70s!

I am so excited to be home for Valentine's Day with my loving family and my wild dh who welcomed me home in style.

Yum!

Even better, I'm on CD12 of a 28 day cycle. I have decided to try opks this month because I o'd twice last month or just once but a week later than usual. Plus, I am home for Valentine's Day only and fly out on another business trip before dawn tomorrow. Dh and I get back together on my traditional o date.

Wish us luck this cycle! Next month I will be out of town all month, too. :-(

As hectic as this sounds, I really am slowing down like my mother and doc want. Instead of multiple trips next month, i get to spend two weeks in each location, one of which is at my mom's house. She is so excited we are ttc.

Thinking of you all,
MM

MountainMama -- 47 year old mom of 3 (20yo DD, 17yo DD, 4.5yo DS) TTC #4

12 years ago

Welcome to all the women of the 70s ( and the 60' s if your out there) who have joined the thread. I was thinking if any of you reminisced about the Whitney days, of course we were born in the 70's but learnt to be grown ups in the 80's my other favorite decade. I can't in all honesty say the music was quality but my nostalgic mind tells me all the best music was then. I loved the eighties for big hair, big shoulders, leg warmers, denim jackets and of hairspray! Oh and I even got a perm...and...my hair is naturally curly. So RIP Whitney hope you finally found someone to dance with!

Lesserb: if the hcg will double every 2-3 days then a slightly darker line is just right!

MM: I found the opt another tool to get my timing right, I must say it is nice to see 2 lines for s change, even though they aren't the right ones it's nice to know it's working.

To all the women who have wished me well thank you. I have definitely miscarried, I am relieved to have a final answer, and look forward to trying again. I am still cramping so I think there is still a little something to come, hopefully I will do it on my own. I am seeing the doctors on Friday (2 days) for a scan and review, so if there is anything left I should know by then.

User Image

12 years ago

Had to add this to my post as the iPad won't let me scroll down!

Anyhoo, good luck with the BFPs it so cool to us with them, gives us hope

See ya
TTC@41

User Image

12 years ago

I just decided to stop by and say Hi to everyone!

I am 38, will be 39 this spring and I am 9-10 weeks pregnant...so like my dh (who's 45 and its his first child) jokes "old folks can have babies too!"
like most of you, I have a high-demanded carrer (but I love my job) and children from previous marriage who are teenagers (my oldest is 2nd year university student she will be 20 in Aug, boys are 15 and 13)) It took me few months (almost 6) to get pregnant after Mirena (had chemical in October) and this baby is Soy baby (it was my first month trying soy isoflavones from wallmart when I got bfp)

Good luck! and tons of

12 years ago

Welcome new ladies!! And yes, Happy Valentines Day!

Lisserb -Phenomenal!! Keep sending us your positive news on the pink! We love to see it!! :)

Esperanza - Congratulations! How wonderful! And yes, old people can have babies too!! ;) But I know when we are all 70 y.o. we'll be saying, "Now we're old! Too funny!

Sloppyslayer - Fingers Crossed!! Keep us informed! :)

I am 8 dpo today. I don't feel a darn thing! Actually totally normal, but I will test Friday because I like spending money, and peeing on a stick! Here's to Friday and positive thoughts for all! Enjoy the rest of the week!

T

12 years ago • Post starter

Hi everyone....I hope I'm not too late to join in the fun :)

I'm 37 and ttc#2. I have a 10yr old son & 19yr old stepson. DH and I have been married almost 2yrs and decided last May that we wanted a child together (yours, mine & ours! hehe). So, I got rid of my IUD days later and we've been birth control free ever since. It wasn't until recently that we decided to step up our trying a little bit (watching for O, etc) so we might actually get pregnant, rather than leaving it so up in the air. I'm beginning to get a little nervous though that we might be looking at some fertility issues after 8mos with not a single BFP! I'm presently 8dpo and I know when I O'd this cycle and I believe we were spot on with our efforts, so we'll see what happens!!

I'm glad to have found this little group and I look forward to this journey with you all :)

12 years ago

Hi ladies! Thanks for the congrats and wishes. AF was a no show today and the lines are getting darker. This is really real!

User Image

I hope all of you who are still trying find success soon! It took me five years and four IUI's, but we are finally pregnant with #2! I hope this baby is a sticky, sticky bean!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo