Community post

Discussion

Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)

View Full Post

Looking to see if there are any ladies out there trying to conceive in the "older" (I can't believe I said that) years.... :) Any luck? Any challenges? Baby dust to all of you!!!

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

241 - 250 of 327 Replies | Last Page

OK i haven't ever had this happen before and I know it's still kind of early at 9dpo. But I had definitely had 3 faint positives with frer, now few hrs later when hubby gets home, I go to show him and their faded can barely even see the line if at all. Has anyone had this happen before? I even had my oldest son look at the tests after i took them and he saw the lines and now says he can't see them either. Is this normal? or could it just be a false?

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

12 years ago

OMG!

Congratulations, mamas!

I cannot believe the rain of BFPs! Healthy and happy 9 months!!

Welcome to all of our new mamas as well. I am still focusing on family but love coming back to these updates.

AFM: I am starting to see an acupuncturist who gave me a lot of dietary advice. Treatments begin in a week. I'll update folks on how that goes. I am also awaiting my first hormonal bloodwork fom a new obgyn. She strongly recommends that dh and I head straight for IVF. We'll see. I would like to do things the old fashioned way if we can.

Peace, love and baby dust to all,
MM

MountainMama -- 47 year old mom of 3 (20yo DD, 17yo DD, 4.5yo DS) TTC #4

12 years ago

hello ladies, would love to join this group if i could

i am 36 (37 in may), my boyfriend is 28 () and we are on our 8th cycle of ttc

love the thread!

& to all the wonderful BFP's here!

AFM: im 4dpo & hating this tww ALONE

we all get what we truly desire!

User Image

12 years ago

@angel - it is still really, really early. Give it a couple days and try again for better results. Good luck!!!!!

Glad to see you check in, MM.

Welcome lyric!!!!

User Image

12 years ago

@Destiny thank you for the encouragement. I thought i was going nuts when I knew I saw the lines. I will wait and maybe Easter will be our day? Wouldn't that be a hoot, since our one daughter was actually conceived on Easter, lol. And the estimated due date of Dec. 18 is 4 days after my birthday. trying not to get discouraged, but darn this waiting really stinks, lol got my fingers crossed

to all

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

12 years ago

Good Morning ladies!!

@ Angel: I love to think of things having a poetic reasoning like: testing on Easter/dd conception date

Today is the due date of the mc'd pg I had last August & this was the last month we had decided to try because I turn 42 next month & we didn't want to try beyond that. I have to think there is a grander plan than ours when those things happen! Sending you sticky, sticky vibes!!!

Welcome Lyrics!

Hello MM! Tell us how it goes w/ the acupuncture! My cousin used one when she had her IUI (successful, he's almost 4 now! she was 35 or 36 at the time)

Anyway, gotta go. toddler beckons.....Cheers ladies!!

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

12 years ago

Good news again ladies. PHEW..... My numbers went up again from 124 Tuesday to 242 yesterday ( Thursday). I was so relieved about that because I really had myself convinced it was over. I am not home pregnancy testing today, and believe me it will be hard but I really want a good Easter weekend and if any of the tests would give me a faint line then I would just start to worry all over again. It doesn't help matters that I am freaking myself out still because I just don't feel preggo yet. Is this normal for being at 17 dpo. I mean I know I am pregnant but why don't I feel anything. Am I still too early for symptoms? My breasts are just a tad bit tender but nothing else. The nurse reassured me that as my numbers keep climbing, then I will eventually feel some kind of symtoms going on. I think scare myself by reading to much info on the internet like a blighted ovum. OMG, I am terrified that when I go get my first ultrasound that the doc will tell me that is what I have. Ok, I've got to get off here for now and try to keep busy for a few days. I go back to doc for first ultrasound Tuesday but I really think I am still too early for him to see much. What do you guys think?

Paradise

12 years ago

@angel :: Easter sounds like a great time to me! Until then you know you'll need to occupy your time or else those HPTs are going to be calling to you. Fill your next two days with lots of chocolates, easter eggs, and good movies! LOL

@aireising :: oooh I dropped my toddler off at daycare this morning so that I could have a little quiet time .... working from home today. And it feels oh so good ahahahahha

@paradise :: Hoooooooooooooooney -- I am 10 WEEKS and I still don't 'feel' pregnant. Don't sweat it. The numbers look good... sit back and let it ride!

User Image

12 years ago

Yep that's what I'm thinking and trying to come up with things to keep myself from poas, I had hubby hide them all from me, and take my keys, lol. Soon will be church, and family time, so yes hard but definitely trying to keep my mind from things, ugghhhh oh the wait is awful! Good on the chocolates, eggs and movies, so all set on that part :)

@paradise those numbers look good to me as well they are going in the right direction. I do know what u mean i get so anxious over things like that with ultrasounds and such. hang in there sounds like things are going good. some people are just lucky and don't get some of those icky symptoms :) (((HUGS))))

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

12 years ago

Hello everyone, hope you are all well,

We have been quiet lately, just thought i would check in.

I am now 4 weeks 3 days, too scared to tempt fate by changing my ticker. Lots of pregnancy symptoms, not as anxious as the last time but still a low hum going on in the backround with the occasional rumble. My tests are looking very impressive so its just a waiting game for me. I am hoping I will be able to wait til 7 weeks before my first scan and not cave in at the 6 week mark. would love to fast forward this stressfull part...

Oh well stress wont change anything so hopefully the days will pass quickly.

Justine

User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo