Community post

Discussion

40 and TTC # 2 after 19 yrs

View Full Post

Hello Ladies,
I am 40 and DH is 50. We are trying to conceive our first together. I had a TR in August of 2013 and we stated trying in November 2013. I would like to share this journey with you ladies.

709 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

61 - 70 of 709 Replies | Last Page

Ladies
You are all in my thoughts.I am not 40 but turning 39 in a few days.My husband and I have not used any form of birth control the past 5 years but we were not actively timing BD.We started timing in ,november.I had a HSG and tons of other tests all came back normal.DH tests came back normal to.I just finished my third cycle of Clomid and am losing hope so reading your posts really helps. I was obese when we started am 30 pounds lighter and still overweight .
I am currently 8dpo and so far only got .my hopes were set that this would be our month.

10 years ago

Welcome to our family Tigerette

Hang in there Tigerette, implantation doesn't normally take place til 9dpo, therefore you won't get you BFP for another few days.

Scarlett, I'm so very sorry to hear about your father. Unfortunately life is as fragile as a water bubble. When we loose a loved one we understand that our lives are so precious.

Zuberi, wow, your positivity is amazing. Keep strong my friend.

Afm.. I actually ovulated 10 days ago :-D
If I'm not BFP then that's ok, I'm thinking the natural remedies are working.
I'll keep everyone posted.

T

10 years ago

Hello Ladies. Hope this post finds everyone doing well.

Tigerette- As Traci said welcome to our family. I hope and pray you get your this month. I love this forum these girls have become my TTC friends and I am glad to have another. I can become a bit obsessive during my TWW lol.

Traci- So glad to hear from you. Thank you for your condolences. I'm glad to hear you ovulated.I'm praying and keeping fingers crossed you get your this cycle. Please keep us posted.

Zuberi- How are you doing wanted to check on you and see how you have been feeling. Please keep us updated.

Afm- I'm CD17 and still waiting to ovulate. I'm expecting it any day now. We're keeping our fingers crossed we get our this cycle. My finance is doing some extra tours this week so timing BD may be a little harder but hopefully it'll all work out.

I've missed chatting with you ladies. And I'm glad we have a new member.

Love hugs and prayers

10 years ago

Hey ladies
Sorry I have been MIA But it has been a lot going on.

welcome tiger...... we are glad you chose us to share your TTC journey with.

scarlet: -I've missed you girl. I'm so sorry to hear about your father. my prayers are with you and your family.

tracy: thank you so much. I'm waiting on your bfp.

afm: I miscarriaged two weeks ago at 8 weeks. I am still spotting. But we have been given the green light to start TTC again. my levels are still high. I have a blood draw tommorow. I have been taking hpt every other day and they are getting lighter. so hopefully by the end of the week we will be back in the game..

keep me updated and I will do the same.

10 years ago • Post starter

Thank you for the warm welcome
How do you keep from going insane during the tww?
It seems with each months AF arrival I get more down. I am happy my friends are bfp but at same time it was painful as one of them succeeded first try .
Glad she does not have to travel down this road. I just had my day 21 drawn again so waiting on results. Going to request copy of my records so i can view all the test results myself.
Im going crazy during this waiting though and though im trying not to be to hopeful because it hurts when af arrives i cant help but start over analyzing everything!
Good luck on bfp for you all

10 years ago

Good afternoon ladies!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Tigerette- In regards to the TWW I know how you feel. Actaully we all do. I analyze every symtom each cycle trying to convince myself that "this is the month" lol. Only to get disappointed when I get another and AF shows her ugly face. Being able to come here and talk to these girls has helped so much. And I also understand how it feels when you see others getting pregnant right off the bat and you feel like it's never going to happen to you. I use to feel the same way I was happy for them but I would question God why it was so easy for them and so hard for me. And one day I just turned it all over to God and put it all in his hands. I know he will bless me with my in time. I just have to be patient (not my best quality ). Right now three of my closest friends that I work with are expecting all due in September and all having little girls. So while I'm waiting on my I'm enjoying there journey with them. Anytime you get discouraged or just want to chat. Please know that were here for you. Please message or post in the forum and one of us will lift you up. It's what we do for one another.

Zuberi- It's so great to hear from you. Thank you for you condolences and prayers there greatly appreciated. I've missed you also and am glad to see you have remained so optomistic and upbeat. I know you have been going through a very hard time and your attitude and faith through it all is so encouraging. I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Tracy- Just wanted to see how your doing during your TWW. Have you tested yet? How are you feeling? And again I'm so happy the natural remedies are working for you. I know God will bless you, just keep the faith. And definately keep us updated.

Afm- I'm CD18 and I should ovulate in the next day or two. I have loads of EWCM today so keeping fingers crossed I ovulate today or tomorrow. My fiance is home tonight and leaves tomorrow for a three day tour. So were hoping I ovulate tonight or tomorrow so we'll catch it. We plan to BD tonight and in the morning before he leaves. .

Chat with you ladies soon!

Love hugs prayers

10 years ago

I am going insane this cycle.I am 8 days from expected AF.I had hot flashes like mad today and all day yesterday the oddest twinges cramps behind my belly button.I am not sure if this is Clomid after effects or my cycles changing.I did a first response test but was negative.Also a bit early for that I suppose.
Just wanted to share my frustration where I knew it would be understood.

10 years ago

Lots of sticky this cycle to everyone

10 years ago

Tigerette: I know what you are going through. But I didn't get a faint + until 10dpo. So give your self two more days and see if you get your bfp.

10 years ago • Post starter

Good morning Ladies!!. Hope everyone is doing good this morning.

Tigerette- I know how frustrating the TWW can be especially when you test and get a . But it could still be to early yet. So I would test again, try to hold out a couple days (I know hard to do I'm the same way, I HATE the wait LOL). But if you have a longer LP you may not implant till 10dpo in which case you wouldn't get your until maybe 12-13dpo. So don't give up hope. Hang in there.

Zuberi- Hope you are doing good. Are you still spotting, and how did your blood levels turn out the other day?

Traci- Just wanted to check on you and see how your TWW was going? Have you tested yet? Can't wait to hear from you.

Afm- Had a temp spike yesterday morning (almost a whole degree). So I'm pretty sure I ovulated Monday night (cd18). However I had a +OPK yesterday after temp spike and my temp is still up this morning. My OPK's cd17 & cd18 were not dark enough to be considered positive. So not sure. We bd Monday night though and three days before so I'm hoping we caught an egg in there somewhere. I guess we'll see in a few days. If I did ovulate Monday I would be 2dpo and so the TWW begins again.

Chat with you ladies later.

Love hugs prayers

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo