Community post

Discussion

40 and TTC # 2 after 19 yrs

View Full Post

Hello Ladies,
I am 40 and DH is 50. We are trying to conceive our first together. I had a TR in August of 2013 and we stated trying in November 2013. I would like to share this journey with you ladies.

709 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

421 - 430 of 709 Replies | Last Page

Zuberi - I'm so sorry dear. I missed your post earlier - we must have posted at the same time. My prayers are with you.

Afm - the nurse called back with the results of the blood draw this morning.

HCG - 905
Progesterone - 26.9

They said they're very pleased and want me to come back next Tuesday, unless I get nervous and want to be checked again before that.

User Image

10 years ago

Thanx Praying. I have heard about the aspirin is it any good? and what does it do to help?

I will have a look on that site thank you

10 years ago

@kraken, you're most welcome. I don't know much about aspirin and fertility other than it's used in ART. After I read your question, I googled "aspirin and fertility" because I was curious and I'm willing to try anything at this point and this is what I learned: "According to a study published in Fertility and Sterility (operated by the American Society for Reproductive Medicine), "Low dose aspirin treatment significantly improves ovarian response, uterine and ovarian blood flow velocity, implantation rate and pregnancy rate in patients undergoing IVF. Aspirin seems to be a useful, effective and safe treatment in patients who undergo assisted reproductive technologies." So apparently it's used mostly during IVF but I don't care if I don't get my BFP this cycle, I'm adding baby aspirin to my regimen!

I hope everyone is doing well and staying warm. It's freezing in NY!

User Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/good_luck.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gif

10 years ago

Anyone have an O temp shift of only .2?
I'm on CD 17 and what I thought was 3 DPO but I don't know if .2 is enough to assume O.

User Image

10 years ago

Good morning ladies.

@lwilliams, FF says that .2 could be considered O for some but most sites said that the shift should be at least .4 and if you're on the fence should wait for day 4. "If your temperature shifts up noticeably and remains elevated, you can confirm ovulation using the three over six rule. This requires that the 3 temperatures after ovulation be 0.2 degrees F (0.1 degrees C) or more above the highest of the previous six temperatures with at least one of the temperatures being at least 0.4 degrees higher. If three temperatures are above the coverline but none are an additional 0.2 degrees above it, then you should wait for a fourth day to be above the coverline before concluding that ovulation occurred."

I'm going through the same thing. I supposedly ovulated yesterday or the day before but my temp only rose .4 this morning. As Cymom said the other day, this not knowing is for the birds.

I hope this help.

I hope everyone is well. Have a great day!

User Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/good_luck.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gif

10 years ago

Hey ladies

Rebecca : that's great news. Nice numbers too. How are yo
eeling?

Praying4alil1:have you confirmed O yet? Where are you in your cycle?

IWilliams: have you figured it out?

Janis: thanks. ....the dr confirmed. Chemical. Number was 17 10dpo and 5 at 12dpo.

10 years ago • Post starter

I have that feeling that this is it, but I've had that feeling the last 5 months. I started out with a VERY low rise the 4 days after O. Then today on day 6 had a larger spike. Could it it be a second rise for implantation??

User Image

10 years ago

Hola & can you say TGIF!!!

@zuberi, I'm sorry again. FX for you. May this cycle be the one.

@lwilliams, good luck. Praying for your BFP this month.

AFM, I'm not sure what's going on. I don't know if I ovulated or not. This site tells me I'm DPO3 but by count I'm DPO2 although I have yet to experience a noticeable temperature shift. It was 98.2 yesterday and 98.0 today so I won't be able to confirm O until tomorrow or Sunday at latest. My RE says BBT charting is nonsense because our temps can fluctuate so easily with environmental factors but I still believe it's a great tool. And while I wait to find out if I Ovulated or not, I'm anxiously waiting for Monday to get here. We are finally meeting with the RE to discuss our test results. Ladies keep me in your prayers please.

Have a great Friday!

10 years ago

lwilliams - good luck hon. Praying for you for good news this cycle.

praying4 - that sounds strange to me that your RE says BBT charting is nonsense, but I guess everyone has their own opinion. I think it's great! I've never had a clearer understanding of my body and what it's doing than I have since I started charting. I'll be praying for you and your appointment. Please let us know how it's going.

Zuberi - how are you sweetie? I continue to pray for you and ask God to bless you with a baby.

Afm - I think morning sickness is kicking in. I struggle with feeling hungry all the time, and wanting to eat things that aren't healthy for me. I've been watching what and how much I eat for about 5 years now, and this is the hardest time to continue doing that. I ate cereal for breakfast this morning and the milk just made me feel nauseous all morning long. Smells are starting to bother me too. I pray these are all good signs, and that my blood work Tuesday comes back good.

for everyone.

User Image

10 years ago

Could I have had an implantation dip?? I'm giving my temps a couple more days before testing to see what they do. My sinuses are killing me. My nose is stuffy and runny with a tinge of blood and the ever annoying gassiness. It's made me feel a little hopeful, but I dont want to get let down. Look promising to you?

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo