Community post

Discussion

40 and TTC # 2 after 19 yrs

View Full Post

Hello Ladies,
I am 40 and DH is 50. We are trying to conceive our first together. I had a TR in August of 2013 and we stated trying in November 2013. I would like to share this journey with you ladies.

709 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

581 - 590 of 709 Replies | Last Page

Stopping in to say hi to everyone. I'll have to catch up tomorrow on how everyone is. Feeling tired and the last few days have been long. Right now I'm 8dpo. Having some symptoms but trying not to get my hopes up m I plan on testing around 13dpo
happy st Pattys day!

10 years ago

and still no My iPhone apps are all contradicting each other. I'm at least 18dpo now I think.

10 years ago

Hi ladies

Acushla: don't give. No AF means you still have a chance.

Afm: on the horse again.

Hope you guys had a great day!

10 years ago • Post starter

My mouth is watering like ive seen a piece of cheesecake. LOL and my nips have had sharp twinges and felt like fire off and on since Sunday. Still not getting my hopes up though.

10 years ago

Hi ladies

Ctymom: I know you don't want to but, symptoms sounds promising. Keep us posted.

Afm: waiting to O. I'm trying not to keep up with my CD. Trying to be every other day. And my plan is to wait until af is due to test.

I have to say the symptoms do seems promising and I hope it's not my body playing a very cruel joke on me. Yesterday the stabbing pains in my BBs were horrible and made them feel itchy. Then I happened to look at them and there were big blue veins showing. I showed my DH to make sure I wasnt seeing things and he was "oh wow!". So I'm praying all this leads to a bfp b/c if it doesnt...I wont know what to think. I can't deal with the TWW stuff and bfn. Part of me wants to test but a bigger part doesnt out of fear of the bfn. I'd rather dwell on the possibility I could be then be disappointed I'm not.

10 years ago

Hi girls.

Citymom

I know exactly how you feel. The TTC is really horrible. And it feels like forever and ever.

Afm: cd 37 + and ding dong that flipping appeared I now have to dose myself with drugs to get ahead of the crippling pain that will arrive in a few hours where I can't even lift my left foot to walk from the pain in my side.

Fed up. Feel like telling dh that enough is enough. These bouts of ttw are soul destroying relentless and unfortunate reminders of how things are not working. I am grateful with what we already have but never felt finished. But I detest what the tww turn me into. Analysing every twitch, hiccup, twinge, cm appearance and mood swing. Comparing to previous months, analysing myself online looking up anything unusual.

I should gave a degree in hpt dismantling now. I don't think the dh's fully get what we put ourselves through. Well mine doesn't I don't think he spends a thought on it from one cycle to the next. Whereas my mind and body run off down the road on the strength of a weird symptom or smell.

I'm venting now. Time to stop. Xxx

10 years ago

Hey ladies

Acushla: you are welcome to vent as much as you need to. My dh doesn't understand either. I have been trying not to complain around him because he hurt my feelings one day when I was about to cry because I got a bfn. He said it will happen when it happens. So from that point on I just keep it to myself. And I talk to you guys.

Ctymom: have you tested yet? Keep us posted.

Afm: nothing is happening . CD7. Waiting to O.

Have a great weekend.

Hi everyone... I've had a rough couple of days emotionally so havent been around much. but this is what's happening...

I tested on 12dpo and got a bfn. But that same day I had ALOT of watery cm. TMI but soaked my undies. And then I got a pindrop spot of blood the next morning. And this morning my temp is up above 98. Late last night I thought AF was starting so i rushed to the bathroom with a pad ready to go and nothing but cm. And still nothing this morning. I'm still not getting my hopes up...will see if AF shows in the morning. (AF always shows when I wake up in the morning. It's weird. lol) I might ended up testing again today but should wait to see if AF shows in the morning or not.

10 years ago

ctymom - Hang in there. I know it's frustrating. Let us know if Af shows this morning or not.

Acushla - If I didn't have these ladies to talk/vent to, I know there would have been times I went crazy. Don't feel bad for saying how you feel. We all need to get it off our chests every once in awhile.

Zuberi - Hope you're doing well.

Afm - Just trying to hang in there and not lose it as I wait for my next dr appt. I don't go in until Wed at 3:15, and of course we could possibly be hit by a snow storm that day. Ugh! The last thing I need is to have it cancelled. I've been feeling the baby move for awhile, but it's such a soft feeling if I get busy I miss it. Well I've been busy the last week and it started preying on my mind that I hadn't felt the baby move. Which of course brought back all the dread from last year, when the baby stopped moving 5 days before my last appt and we found out he'd died. I felt him or her yesterday, but every morning it's on my mind. I hate this.

Good news: my brother in law and his wife had their 3rd child early yesterday morning. Their 2nd girl, Alyssa Grace. She's 3 weeks early, but doing great. Mom and baby hope to be home by Tuesday. I'm happy for them, but just wish my time would hurry up and get here, so I didn't worry so much about my baby making it.

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo