Community post

Discussion

40 and TTC # 2 after 19 yrs

View Full Post

Hello Ladies,
I am 40 and DH is 50. We are trying to conceive our first together. I had a TR in August of 2013 and we stated trying in November 2013. I would like to share this journey with you ladies.

709 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

361 - 370 of 709 Replies | Last Page

Hi All! This week is almost over. Yay!!!!

@Zuberi & @Rebecca, how is it going? Any news? FX for you!!

@MrsWard, I'm so happy that you're going to see your son before he goes overseas. Enjoy every minute of your time with him and please give him our most sincere thanks for being so brave and keeping us safe & free!

AFM, we had our first visit with the fertility doctor today and although it wasn't terribly disappointing I think we have a tough battle ahead of us. Because I'm mid-cycle there wasn't much he could do as far as checking my hormones but he did take a ton of blood to check for genetic defects, etc. He also did a transvaginal ultrasound and apparently my ovary reserve is low, which means that I probably won't be a candidate for IVF. Anyway, DH is dropping his sperm tomorrow morning for the semen analysis and I'm supposed to call him once I get a positive OPK so he can do the next set of tests. All in all, at least we are now on our way to getting some answers.

I hope all of you are well. Many blessings to all.

User Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/good_luck.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gif

10 years ago

Hi guys

How are you?

Praying4Alil1: I know everything is going to work out for you guys. Just keep the faith. God never said how He would bless you. He just said that He would!

Rebecca: Did you retest again yet? I'm praying for you!

Afm: I have had two days of the highest temps I have ever had including the cycle I got my bfp. Yesterday and today it was 98.4. So I am hopeful. I have still been having mild dull cramps off and on. I have also been having tingles in my nipples. I pray I can wait until monday to test. I am only 6dpo today. I will keep you guys posted.

Have a good night.

10 years ago • Post starter

MrsWard - sorry to hear AF showed for you, but I'm glad you're getting to see your son. My dh's youngest son from his 1st marriage is a Marine, and has been to Afghanistan twice...he's there right now until the end of Jan/Feb. And one of my sister's sons just enlisted with the Air Force, and will be deploying Saturday to Korea for a year, then Germany for two. It's tough when they go so far away, that's for sure. I will pray for your son.

Praying - try not to get too down yet. All is not lost, and nothing is impossible with God! Praying for you. <hugs>

Zuberi - How are you? Isn't waiting to test just the pits?

I hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying a blessed Christmas season with their families.

Afm - 15dpo. AF was supposed to start yesterday. I had a negative HPT on 10dpo and 13dpo. I'm afraid to test. I've only had one cycle that lasted this long (I actually started on 15dpo) but it was when I didn't stop the progesterone until CD27. I stopped it on CD25 this time, when I got the first negative HPT.

I'm afraid to go to the bathroom, in case AF shows up! Lol! I'm afraid to test and see another BFN. Maybe if I make it through today and AF doesn't show? Oh, I'm afraid to hope. This has never happened before. (So far as getting the BFNs and then AF not showing.)

User Image

10 years ago

Oh well...AF is here.

User Image

10 years ago

Good morning everyone. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

@Rebecca, I'm sorry AF showed up. Here's hoping this cycle is a more fruitful one.

@Zuberi & @Rebecca, thank you for the positive thinking, "hugs" & prayers. They are very much appreciated and need it.

AFM, I'm on CD15 and have yet to have a positive OPK plus I'm still very dry down there (I know TMI, right?) so I will keep testing and hoping I ovulate soon - hopefully before Christmas.

Well, I'm heading to the gym then shopping for Christmas' Eve dinner. I wish you all a wonderful weekend and thank you again for your support.

User Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/good_luck.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gif

10 years ago

I was just thinking that when I had my youngest daughter I received the infamous high risk label on my chart as I was 38 at the time. She was a complete surprise as I was still nursing her older sister.

I felt I was starting to doubt my ability to have another so I started thinking about the big picture and reminiscing how well my previous pregnancies and delivers went.

God willing, I hope to have another birth outside of a hospital. Here is the link to my last birth if anyone would like to read it. I was 38 at the time. http://tlandco.blogspot.com/2007/05/welcome-hannah-elizabeth.html

User Image

10 years ago

Hey ladies.

I know you guys are busy with the holiday season. But I wanted to let you know that I tested negative this a.m. cdtp put me at 9dpo instead of 10dpo. So I'm still prayerful that a bfp is in my near future. May be a Christmas morning bfp. Wouldnt that be great! Enjoy your families I will update after Christmas.

Hi ladies! Cd5 for me, just waiting for AF to leave. New EDD is 9/24. I've been running a fever since Sunday, hope I can get rid of whatever this is before we leave for my MILs.

May you all have a very Merry Christmas, and may God bless us in the coming New Year.

User Image

10 years ago

Hi Ladies! I can't believe its Christmas' Eve!

@zuberi, FX and prayers for a BFP this Christmas! Keep us posted.

@Rebecca, I hope you feel better soon and safe travels!

AFM, I'm on CD 18 and have yet to get a positive OPK although my clear blue digital was high today. I really don't know what's going on as the RE told me that he saw an egg at 13mm on Thursday and I was probably going to ovulate Sunday or Monday and so far Nada! Arghhh.

Anyway, I'm taking this moment to wish you all a most wonderful Christmas. May your homes be filled with peace and many reasons for happiness, love & joy. Hugs to everyone!!!

10 years ago

Hi ladies

Just a quick update. Tested yesterday and today. Negative. Temp dropped from 98.5 to 98.1 this a.m. so I guess af will be here tommorow. I pray you guys have a great weekend!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo