Community post

Discussion

40 and TTC # 2 after 19 yrs

View Full Post

Hello Ladies,
I am 40 and DH is 50. We are trying to conceive our first together. I had a TR in August of 2013 and we stated trying in November 2013. I would like to share this journey with you ladies.

709 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

281 - 290 of 709 Replies | Last Page

thank you rebecca73 !

User Image

10 years ago

Hello. Sorry I have been MIA for a few days. We had a busy weekend. No, I never did take a test because af did finally show. It was not as heavy or dark as it usually is plus I certainly don't feel pg. I wish. I'm just afraid that my light period means that I might be getting close to pre-menopause. NOOOOOOO!!!!!

Tigerette - I agree with what the others have said. God is NOT punishing you for giving your baby up for a adoption. God is a good God and you did nothing wrong with giving your baby up for an adoption. God knows your heart and the reasons you did what you did. Plus, you did NOTHING wrong by giving your baby up for adoption. You gave your baby life and to a family that needed and wanted him/her. I hope you all have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving with your family.

[baby_dust]

10 years ago

Thank you Rebecca. Yes. I need to read that!

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi all! Just had a chance to read your posts.

@Rebecca, thank you for that very powerful prayer. I needed it.

@Rebecca, MrsWard & Tigerette, we are NOT too old to conceive. My sister-in-law got pregnant when she was 41. 8 weeks later they found out the baby had no HB so she had a D&C and guess what? 3 months later she was pregnant again and last February (she had just turned 42) we welcomed our baby niece to the family. She's healthy, funny, cute and one of our biggest joys and truly the only reason why we are trying to conceive now that I'm 43. Also, I don't think weight has much to do with it, my sister in law is overweight and does enjoy a glass or two of wine a day so I think we just need to relax and let God do his job.

@Kid,thanks for checking up on us. I'm happy that you & your baby are doing well. I will pray that all the tests are normal.

@Zuberi, FX that this is your month. We need a BFP soon. For Thanksgiving, we will be with my in-laws. It's going to be a quiet & intimate dinner but lots of fun. It's sooo cold in NY that I'm just looking forward to a couple of days without having to commute into the city.

AFM, I had positive OPKs yesterday & this morning so believe it or not we got busy as soon as I got home from work and before DH left to the firehouse and now I'm typing this while hanging upside down against my headboard. TMI. The things we have to do to get those boys to to our little eggie. Ahhhh!

Anyway, I just want to thank you ladies for allowing me to share your journey with you. You are all strong & very inspiring. May God bless you always.

User Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/good_luck.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gif

10 years ago

How does everyone rest/tilt to help the swimmers?
I put a pillow under my hips sometimes. Any more creative ways I'm missing?

User Image

10 years ago

Hi William. I too, usually put a pillow under my hips and once in a while I lean my hips against the headboard and put my legs in the air. So far-nothing has worked. Although I read that some ladies put pre-seed in a soft cup then insert it and leave it in for 12+ hours. Anyone here has tried that?

User Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/good_luck.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gif

10 years ago

Hey ladies

I use the preseed and the soft cups. I got my first bfp using that.

Can someone tell me more about the pre seed and cup?

Last night I used pre seed but didn't end up BD till the morning.

User Image

10 years ago

Good morning ladies

Iwilliams: I use the preseed as part of my foreplay. My dh put it in about 5/10 min before he gets ready to start penatration. After he has freed his boys. I put the soft cup in (without getting out of bed) he usually just passes it to me while I am laying on my back. When I use to move I could feel some of the sperm coming out. So now that's the methods we use.
Oh an I leave my cup in for 12 hours. It is really comfortable. However taking it out is kinda messy.

Praying4: that was so funny. I usually send a pic oh my positive opk to my dh phone and tell him. Its time to put in some work when he comes home. Lol

Msward: I am 40 too. I will be 41 on Jan 1st. I definitely don't feel like I am too old! Lol

Afm: temp went back up this a.m. to 98.3 that is the highest it has been this cycle so far. I'm 6dpo so waiting until af is due is not going to be easy. So I think I am going to test early. I havent figured out when but I will update you guys when I decide on the date.

Have a great day.

Where do you get the cup for the pre seed?

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo