Community post

Discussion

40 and TTC # 2 after 19 yrs

View Full Post

Hello Ladies,
I am 40 and DH is 50. We are trying to conceive our first together. I had a TR in August of 2013 and we stated trying in November 2013. I would like to share this journey with you ladies.

709 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

521 - 530 of 709 Replies | Last Page

Rebecca.... PLEASE find another doctor!! I mean seriously....find another one asap! I'm a bereaved parent of a 3 yo b/c of medical malpractice. If a doctor ever acts like that... I'm out of there. You dont need or want that. That is unprofessional, irresponsible and I wouldn't trust that doctor with anything.

10 years ago

Hi all.

@Rebecca, I'm sorry you went through that today but better now than when you're further along. Run, run and don't look back. That doctor sounds awful, ill-mannered and inhumane. I hope you can get back to your OB. Good luck. You're truly a lady for keeping it together considering you've had some week.

@Zuberi, @bettyboop & ctymom, good luck ladies. I'm praying for all of you and sending tons of baby dust your way.

AFM, I started spotting on and off again so I'm back on pelvic rest. I'm scheduled to see my RE on Wednesday and I'm getting my 8 week ultrasound done then. Im so excited but a bit nervous as well because I think he's about to send me back to my OB and I just know I won't get the same level of attention and reassurance there. Oh well!

In any event, all of you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs!

User Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/good_luck.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gif

10 years ago

Rebecca: Oh my goodness, I am so sorry that you had such a terrible experience at your appointment today. How awful! I am so glad that you heard that sweet heartbeat today!! I am still praying for you!
Praying: I am praying for your little miracle too!! Keep us posted!!
All you other sweet ladies: I don't get on here very much, but I haven't forgotten about you! I pray for all of you and that God will grant you the desires of your hearts! I want to hear good news about bfp soon!!
Afm: I am 23 weeks today! We are having a little girl! My two daughters are so thrilled and the boys a little disappointed lol! This little girl is a mover!! On a personal family note.....one of my twins, Lauren, who is 7 was within the last month diagnosed with type 1 diabetes:( Talk about a shock! She is doing well and we are all adjusting to our new lifestyle. God is faithful!
You all take care! Blessings!

10 years ago

@mamaof7, thank you so much for your prayers. They are very much appreciated and need it.

@Rebecca, how are you? I've been thinking of you. Did you get back to your OB? I hope the spotting is gone for good. Please let us know how you're doing.

@zuberi, @ctymom, @bettyboop, how are you ladies doing? I hope everyone is doing well. I'm praying for you.

AFM, I thought I had gotten lucky as I had not experienced morning sickness or nausea but that all ended this weekend. I've been feeling nauseous all day long for 3 days now. It is reassuring in many ways though as I know my bean is holding on and growing. I'm going for my 8-week u/s Wednesday and really I can't wait.

Have a great Monday everyone.

User Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/good_luck.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gif

10 years ago

Thanks for asking... I'm doing ok. cd6 on another cycle. Hoping... again... this is the month. Been really tired and busy alot so havent been able to keep up much. Today I have a bad headache and had a doc checkup. Said my cholesterol is high. Borderline high. Dont know why. And I'm low on Vit D and need to take suppliments. Oh, and I need to lose weight. Just great to hear when I'm dealing with recovery from Anorexia. He missed the part to NOT tell me my weight or comment on it. sigh. So feeling bummed today.

Hope everyone is doing well!

10 years ago

Hi everyone :-)
I'm 4dpo & therefore on the 2-wk wait once again. Hoping this is the month of course.
Happy to hear how everyone is doing.

Kymme

10 years ago

Ladies in the TWW - I hope it goes quickly for you...I know how long that can drag at times!

Afm - the spotting is back, and I actually saw a pinprick of pink this time. I called the dr and they said just continue as normal and not to worry unless it turns bright red. I'm trying not to worry, but am starting to feel defeated, like I'll never be able to carry another child to term.

User Image

10 years ago

Hey ladies

Bettyboopta: I'm right behind you. According to CTP I'm 3dpo. So I guess we are in the wait together. I will be praying for you.

Praying4Alil1: Yay for the morning sickness! !! I can't wait until Wednesday. Don't forget to post the picture.

Ctymom: we will be praying for you.

Rebecca: Just remember that God is in control. And if you remember that than
You want worry as much.

Afm: I am confused about my dpo. I had a positive opk on the same day that ctp says that I ovulated. So we will see.

10 years ago • Post starter

Good morning ladies.

@Zuberi & Bettyboop, best of luck this cycle! I hope this is for you. I'm sending all my prayers and best wishes to you.

@ctymom, arghhh. Really what's wrong with doctors nowadays? They are beyond insensitive. It's hard to believe that despite the fact that there's tons of material out there on how to treat people and patients in particular they choose not to educate themselves. It's really sad and unfortunate. On the bright side, if your cholesterol is borderline high, then it shouldn't be too hard to lower it. Oatmeal is dense in nutrients and really helps lower cholesterol and try to get a prenatal vitamin that has vitamin D. I really like "Rainbow Light Women's One." It's a bit pricey but it has 200% of the vitamin D you need plus probiotics. It truly is wonderful.

@Rebecca, although I know it's tough, please don't feel defeated. I know that it's hard not to worry but I do believe that your baby is going to be fine. You MUST think positive and have faith in the goodness of The Lord. Talk to your baby and tell him/her how much it's wanted and loved already and ask him to hang in there. I'm pulling for you. Stay strong and away from the Internet! Here's a prayer for you and all of us:

Prayer for a Safe Pregnancy

This life you have given us
is so tiny, fragile, and vulnerable,
safe in the womb of flesh and hope,
yet subject to danger and death.
O God of love, creator of life,
hear our prayer.
We want this baby so much.
Please grant this child of ours
a full term of nurture,
the joy and mystery of life,
and the blessing of your love.
Grant us the fulfillment of our dreams,
a baby to cherish and protect,
a child to teach and guide,
a blessing to our family.
Amen.

Sending you all my prayers and best wishes. Have a blessed day everyone.

10 years ago

Hi ladies. I just wanted to update you. All went well at the doctor's today. My "bean" is growing perfectly and has a heart beat of 175 BPM. I'm starting to finally relax as it seems so much real now. My RE discharged me from his care today. I was very teary-eyed and sad to go but I knew it was coming. I get to meet with my OB 2 weeks from today.

I hope everyone is doing well. Sending you hugs and much love.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo