Community post

Discussion

40 and TTC # 2 after 19 yrs

View Full Post

Hello Ladies,
I am 40 and DH is 50. We are trying to conceive our first together. I had a TR in August of 2013 and we stated trying in November 2013. I would like to share this journey with you ladies.

709 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

411 - 420 of 709 Replies | Last Page

Think I o'd yesterday. 2WW

So waiting to hear the details Rebecca. <3 Congrats!!

User Image

10 years ago

I'm 5dpo today. Still have a bit to go before testing. Until then, I'm analyzing every little thing and driving myself crazy. LOL I keep getting sharp twinges in my BB's and they are sore towards under my arms. Lots of CM still, sharp pains in my lower back that come and go, along with some other symptoms. But I'm not holding all that to anything until AF doesn't show. Hopefully I get a sign that implantation happens.

10 years ago

Janise - I had to laugh at your question! The only thing we did differently this month was have to sneak BD at my mother in laws house with 11 people there! I was so stressed over all the other things going on, I didn't really believe we had a shot at getting pregnant....I mean, when you have to invent reasons every other day to disappear for a while AND leave the kids with someone watching them....I thought it was all for nothing. I guess the Lord has a sense of humor!

User Image

10 years ago

My charts have moved my O date from cd11 to cd13. which makes more sense and thankfully we had continued to BD. So I'm 4dpo today. If I'm not preggo this month, I'll be getting OPK's for next month. This not knowing is for the birds. lol

10 years ago

Hi Ladies,

I have been reading through all the posts and congrats to those who have their BFP.

I am 41 and DH is 38 we have been TTC for nearly 5yrs. I had my 5th Chemical at xmas and it hit me pretty hard. I have had one AF since but it still did not seem normal for me. I am still getting dizzy spells and lightheadness but it is easying off now thank god.

We have had all our tests which all came back normal and doctors are saying there is no reason it is not happening. We have recently moved house so will be changing to a new Doctors soon so hopefully they might come up with something new to try or recommend.

We each have a child from previous relationships so we can have them.

I hate it. I had actually given up hope of ever having a child btw us but then this chemical at xmas totally threw me and it has been the worse one so far.

10 years ago

Morning ladies

Just wanted to check in and give you guys and update. 10dpo I got the very faint positive and 11dpo it got alittle bit d darker, However I did not take a picture because I was going to post my 12dpo for my records. I woke up on. 12dpo and my symptoms were gone. No cramps, sore breast/nipples and no more headaches. I tested with fmu and it was as faint as 10dpo. This am my temp drop to my cover line. And test was negative. Af haven't came yet but I know she is on her way.

10 years ago • Post starter

Kraken - Hi. I'm so sorry to hear about your chemical. Multiple losses are heartbreaking, especially when they can't tell you why. I hope you can find good doctors that might be able to give you some insight.

User Image

10 years ago

Thanx Rebecca me too

10 years ago

Good morning ladies!

@zuberi, I'm sorry doll. I know you will get your BFP soon. God is great and he will see to it.

@Rebecca, how are you feeling? Did you go for your second blood test? Keep us posted! It's exciting to have a BFP in our forum.

@ctymom, LOL-I agree the not knowing is for the birds. I recommend the clear blue advanced digital OPKs-they are just easy to read BUT hopefully you won't need them. FX for a BFP this cycle.

@kraken, welcome to the forum. All the ladies here are awesome. I'm sorry about your chemicals. I had one in September and it was gut-wretching. Are you taking anything to better your egg health & your hubby's sperm quality? I've read that CP are usually due to poor egg quality but that can be easily fixed. Check out this website: http://natural-fertility-info.com/preparing-for-conception-over-40.html - it has a lot of great information. And don't get discouraged-You will get your BFP!

AFM, I got a positive OPK last night (good thing I checked) and one this morning so there's been some serious baby dancing going at home. Lol. Once again, dreading the TWW (arghhhh).

I hope the rest of the ladies are doing well. Have a great day everyone.

User Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/good_luck.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gif

10 years ago

Zuberi....so sorry. Could it have been a chemical? Don't know what to say. Fact is...you can get pregnant! As heartbreaking as it is... please look forward to trying, trying and trying again!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo