Community post

Discussion

40 and TTC # 2 after 19 yrs

View Full Post

Hello Ladies,
I am 40 and DH is 50. We are trying to conceive our first together. I had a TR in August of 2013 and we stated trying in November 2013. I would like to share this journey with you ladies.

709 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

201 - 210 of 709 Replies | Last Page

zuberi - good luck dear! and for you. I'd love to stick around and keep up with everyone, too.

mamaof07 - YAY!! Praise the Lord for your HCG levels! That makes me so happy! Keep us updated.

Our denom is Sothern Baptist. Hmm, I do agree that being a pastor's wife is hard, especially since I'm more of a behind the scenes helper type. It's hard having my dh in the spotlight! I wouldn't say I'm "good" at being a pastor's wife - it depends on what you mean. My MIL's idea of a pastor's wife is one who plays the piano (nope), sings in the choir (we don't have one, yet), leads the women's Bible study (don't have one, and I probably wouldn't even if we did), teaches SS (I'm the only children's SS teacher at the moment), and a woman who is blessed with hospitality and opens her home to everyone.(I tend to see our home as our "haven" and protect our privacy and the sanctity of our home pretty fiercely.)

But I think I do a good job of supporting my dh, of training our kids (I homeschool), and generally of keeping the home so he can focus on what he needs to do and can find rest when he's home with us. There are days I wonder at the Lord and what He's doing, but I suppose we all do that at times.

I hope everyone has a good weekend! I'll be waiting for my RE to call to schedule my saline ultrasound. Be glad to get this last test behind me.

User Image

10 years ago

I know I've been MIA for a VERY long time but I haven't forgotten about this group! So glad to hear about your BFP, Mamaof7!!! Baby dust to the rest. It's only a matter of time! And rebecca, you sound like a very good pastor's wife, indeed. So many people put waaaay too much pressure on the pastor's wife to be almost like an associate pastor of women, children & families and that just isn't fair. Supporting your family is your job & any additional ministries outside of that should go according to your season of life & according to your gifts, not your husband's! Oh goodness, sorry for that little soap box :)

AFM - things are still going well. We are 15 weeks today so I think this little bean is sticking around (tho hearing of the m/c (rebecca's, I think) at 16 weeks was a little scarey). I'm starting to show so I'm going to break the news at work tomorrow so please feel free to pray. I've been putting off telling them because I have no idea what my plans are as far as coming back after maternity leave.

10 years ago

Hey ladies.

I pray you guys had a great weekend! !!

KiDdid21: I'm glad you guys didn't forget about us. I pray that every thing goeswwell for you with your work situation.

Rebecca: I agree with KiDdid21......you are a great pastor's wife. I was a PK and a lot was required of me and my brothers. I am now the minister of music/praise and worship leader at my church. I love it but it can be a bit overwhelming sometimes. Btw....sorry AF came.

Tiggerette: how are you doing? Are you feeling better?

Scarlet: I so enjoy hearing you talk about your son. I don't know it I told you guys this or not but, I have a son that is a freahmen in college too. He is in Louisiana and I am in California so it is difficult to see him...... although we do talk on the phone quite a lot.

Mommaof7:how are you guys? ?? Any updates?

Afm: 4dpo the deaded tww. Hopefully it will pass quickly. I pray you guys had a great weekend! I am waiting on your updates. Be blessed.

10 years ago • Post starter

KDdid21 - Thank you for your kind words, but just wanted to apologize...I'm so sorry if my experience with my late loss added any stress or worry to your pregnancy!! I pray everything with you and your baby will be fine...I seem to be an oddball that even the doctor's can't explain, but I hope you won't dwell on what happened to us.

Zuberi - before my dh got back into pastoring, he spent several years as the music minister of a couple of the churches we served in. (Once he was the pastor AND the music minister.) He loved it, but I know it can be a lot of work. God bless you as you serve.

We went today to a new college in New England. Our oldest ds is 15, and is interested in going to school there. It was about a 2hr 40min drive, over the mountains. It seems unreal that we're looking at colleges already. Where did the time go?

AFM - CD4, AF just mild spotting. But strangely enough, I had some pretty noticeable pain in my right ovary. I couldn't bend to the right when I was sitting down to pick my pocketbook up off the floor. I have no idea what that was all about. There's no way it could be ovulation pain so early, right? Maybe a cyst? (although to my knowledge, I've never had one before.) Anyway, I got back home and my RE had called with my saline ultrasound appt. I'll be going in Nov. 4th at 11.

Have a good week, ladies! Praying for you all.

User Image

10 years ago

Ladies, I need some advice or some input as to what my actual cycle length is. Here is the last 6 mos of my cycle start dates. 10/1, 9/30, 8/30, 8/5, 7/15, 6/16. My cycles have typically been every 26 days. I calculated my cycles using the one on this site and it said my average was 21 days. Not sure since it's cycle day 29 for this month if I'm actually late or not. I thought af would have came on Sat (cycle day 26) but no af yet. I actually felt like it was going to start over the weekend but now it doesn't. I'm wanting some opinions from you all before I take a test. Should I wait till cycle day 31 since I have had a cycle that long before. Thanks for any advice, prayers or words of encouragement! : )

[baby_dust]

10 years ago

Msward: I think that you should test. Even if this is a 30 day cycle or a short one. It should be a positive if you are pregnant. Let us know what you are going to do.

10 years ago • Post starter

@ Zuberi_Baby2013 - Thank you. I am thinking that I will test tomorrow am and I will post my results. Praying that it's a BFP! But I'm afraid to get my hopes up.

[baby_dust]

10 years ago

Mrsward...praying for a BFP for you, but we'll be here either way.

User Image

10 years ago

Hey Ladies!!!

mrs.ward- Please let us know how you make out! I am praying for you!!!!

Rebecca73-LOL...and you are funny too!! Well to me your most important job is being a mom!!! You seem like a real sweetie!! I am sure your church appreciates you! I am a homeschooling mama too!! I will be praying for you Monday!! We have the same appointment day and time!

Zuberi- I hope and pray your 2ww will be full of peace and positive thoughts!! I am praying for you! Wow a worship leader that is so awesome!

KDdid21-Hey congratulations on your pregnancy!! How did it go telling everyone at work? Praying for you and your little one to have a healthy rest of your pregnancy and beyond!

scarlet-how are you?? Thinking of you!

Tigerette- Thinking of you too and hope you are well!!

Afm- well I will go next Monday the 4th at 11:00 for my first ultrasound.....I am so nervous already and keep praying that I will see my precious little gift's heartbeat! I will be 6 weeks and 5 days so I should be able to see something. I am praying for you all and hope we can all stay in touch for the long haul!!!! I live in rural upstate New York. My neighbors are mostly Amish lol. I think we are spread all across the country, how cool is that!

10 years ago

Well, af showed up this am. So need to test. Here's to another month of trying. My dh and I have an appt with a fertility dr on Nov 6th. Hope it goes well! Please keep us in your prayers on the 6th! Thank you. God Bless!

[baby_dust]

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo