Community post

Discussion

40 and TTC # 2 after 19 yrs

View Full Post

Hello Ladies,
I am 40 and DH is 50. We are trying to conceive our first together. I had a TR in August of 2013 and we stated trying in November 2013. I would like to share this journey with you ladies.

709 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

681 - 690 of 709 Replies | Last Page

I'm sad to say that this past Friday I ended up in the ER and found out I had a miscarriage. I guess you would technically call it a chemical pregnancy b/c I was on 5 weeks 3 days. I was heartbroken. The same weekend I had to send my daughter back to connecticut after the summer so this has been a very emotional and hurtful week. sigh I'm pretty much NTNP at this point. I'm trying to stay positive that I did get pregnant naturally many people have CP and dont even know it so I'm not testing early anymore. If I'm a couple weeks late on my AF and I'm having symptoms then I'll test but otherwise... I cant go through this sort of heartbreak.

9 years ago

Ctymom. ...I'm so sorry, dear! My heart goes out to you.

User Image

9 years ago

@ctymom, I'm sooo sorry for your loss. That really blows. I'm heartbroken for you. Take time to heal & grieve but don't lose hope. God has plans for you and it will happen even if it seems impossible right now. Sending hugs and prayers you way.

User Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/good_luck.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gif

9 years ago

Hi all,
I am truly sorry to hear ctymom; hugs <3
Glad to hear Prayingforalil & Rebecca are doing well.
Has anyone heard from Zuberi?
I've had 2 Dr appts, 3rd is on Sept2; 1st ultrasound is Aug 26th.
TC, Kym :-)

Kymme

9 years ago

Thanks all. I'm doing ok. I'm looking at it in a positive light that I did get pregnant. That just wasnt the right little bean to carry through. I'm 8dpo right now and I'm having alot of the symptoms and temps are climbing so hopefully this will be it. Statistics said that 85% of women who have chemicals go on to have healthy pregnancies and you are really fertile after a CP.

Also read that women get pregnant more than we think. But typically we dont test like us who are TTC. We start testing days before AF but 70% of those end as chemicals. We usually see them as AF just being late. How true that is, I dont know. But it makes sense. And considering I'm 45, it's bound to happen. I'm trying not to test until a week after AF is supposed to be here but I know that wont happen. Already bought 4 $store tests. lol

Hope all are doing well!

9 years ago

That all makes sense ctymom. Good luck this cycle; thinking of you.

Kymme

9 years ago

Hi all,
Had my 1st ultrasound today. 8wks 5days. Everything looked well, heartbeat was 160. DH was so thrilled!!
Hope everyone is doing well <3

Kymme

9 years ago

Hi all. I havent been on in a while but i still read the thread as a its left. Im 45. Will be 46 next month. My dh and i have been ttc for 2 yrs now. I have a question and it might be silly. what exactly is a "chemical pregnancy"? AF showed up for me yesterday nut i was 5 days late. i had all kinds of symptoms. headaches, nausea ( i even got sick friday night) at my daughters high school football. embarssing. i had alittle cm and my boobs felt full. not sore but full and noticed blue veins. then yesterday i had a major lower backache. it was painful!!! It almost scared me cuz i had heard u could habe backaches w/m/c. i never tested. i was going to wait till i wad a week late. anyways..what do u guys think? Again. what exactly is a chemical pregnancy? Are u really pg? Please anyone explain. thank u! : )

[baby_dust]

9 years ago

Ctymom, I'm glad you're bouncing back. Keep the faith - God will grant you the desires of your heart. Are you taking prenatal vitamins? I think you should be taking them to get your body ready for your LO!

Bettyboop, yay!!! I'm so happy all went well at your sonogram. I predict you're having a girl! Congrats again. Keep us updated.

I wonder what's going on with Zuberi. I'd love to know how her journey to IUI is going.

Mrsward, welcome back. I'm glad to Hear you're still trying. Chemical pregnancy is a very,very early miscarriage. Usually, it happens before you've had a chance test. You can read a little more here. http://miscarriage.about.com/od/onetimemiscarriages/p/chemicalpreg.htm

AFM, I'm 33 weeks today and getting ready to move by the 20th of september so I'm a bit stressed.

Wishing everyone a great day. Hugs and tons of baby dust going your way!

User Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/good_luck.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gif

9 years ago

Praying4aLil1...yes... I've been taking prenatals since we started TTC 10 months ago :)

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo