Community post

Discussion

40 and TTC # 2 after 19 yrs

View Full Post

Hello Ladies,
I am 40 and DH is 50. We are trying to conceive our first together. I had a TR in August of 2013 and we stated trying in November 2013. I would like to share this journey with you ladies.

709 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

231 - 240 of 709 Replies | Last Page

Lwilliams - welcome! I hope you get your this cycle.

mamaof07 - sorry your family has been sick, and I totally understand your fear. I know if I'm blessed to become pregnant again I'll struggle mightily with that. I think this is where praying without ceasing really comes into play! The fear is normal, but it sounds like you're doing your best to rely on God and trust in Him. I pray He will give you His peace.

mrsward - I love that verse! It's one I've held onto for 13 years. Hang in there, dear. I know this has to be hard emotionally. I am praying for you.

Scarlet - I remember when my dad died. He passed away 2 years before I had my first child, so he never got to see any of my children. Then, when I was 5 months pregnant with my 2nd ds, my brother passed away. It was an extremely difficult time (lots of family issues, stresses, and the way he died was totally unexpected), but I remember thinking at the time how precious was the life I carried, and how God may have allowed one family member to die, but He was allowing another to be born. I'll keep you in prayer as you face the holidays this year.

Zuberi - I like the name change for this group! Lord willing, we'll get to use it soon! How are you today?

Afm - I got a second peak on the monitor today, but I noticed the lines are much lighter than they were yesterday. If anyone is interested, you can see a picture on my page. CBE says you will normally ovulate on your second peak day, but sometimes you will ovulate the first day or during the night. So I wonder if that's what happened, since the lines are lighter? Well, only time will tell if we caught the egg! Hope I don't go nuts during the TWW!

God bless you all today!

User Image

10 years ago

Ok ladies, I have a question for you all. Please tell me what you think. Yesterday evening when I used the restroom and I wiped (sorry for tmi) I noticed that there was alittle bit of cm and some brownish looking color with it. I didn't know if it was old blood or what. Today is cycle day 10 for me. For the last couple of months my cycles have been 29 days but in the past they have been more like 26 days. If this month's cycle is 29, I think that would be too early to o. I was wondering if that was ovulation bleeding???? What do you all think? Nevertheless, my dh and I did the deed to be sure. I have noticed o bleeding before in my cycles but the blood has been more pinkish red and it was always on day 14. Right in the middle of my cycle. Which would make it think it was o bleeding. Not sure if that's what that was last night or not. Any thoughts, opinions. Thank you!
How is everyone today? TGIF!!!!

[baby_dust]

10 years ago

Msward: sad to say. ...... but I have no idea. I esperienced what felt like ovulation pain in my left ovary and I am on cd 2. So go figure. Hope some of the other ladies can answer your questions.

10 years ago • Post starter

mrsward - I had what I think was ovulation bleeding for the first time this cycle, and it fell on either CD9 or 10. It was brownish in color as well. I started feeling ovulation pains on CD 7 and 8 (that kept up until I hit O day), and yet according to my monitor didn't ovulate until around CD 13 or 14. Hope that helps.

User Image

10 years ago

Hey ladies

How is everyone?

Things are a little quite. I hope that means you guys are busy making babies. Lol.

Just wanted to check in. I am on cd7 I will be taking my 5th dose of soy isoflavone tonight. I have been having night sweats and my temp has been 97.9, 98.0, 98.2 & 98.2 this a.m. all of those are post o temp for me. The highest my temp has ever been was 98.4 and that was the cycle I got my bfp. So go figure. I wonder how big of a drop it is going to be when I O.
Well....... I will be waiting for you guys to post some updates.

Chat with you guys later.

Hi, Zuberi! 6DPO for me. Not much going on, other than trying not to obsess. Lol! The progesterone pills I'm taking are messing with me. I feel flushed every morning, and today I've added feeling bloated, and my boobs feel like they're swelling. Plus I have this urge to eat anything that doesn't run away. Oh well.

I know I have a long wait before I can test, but I'm not feeling too confident right now. I guess in a way it's better than feeling better about things and then getting a BFN.

Hope to see more updates too.

User Image

10 years ago

Hi all. I'm on cd 15 today. I'm thinking I o yesterday. I had sharp pains on my left and sometimes rt side yesterday and day before. I don't temp. I wanted to share w/ u all about a dream I had the night before last. I dreamt that I had a baby boy. He was born prematurely but healthy. Also in my dream I apparently didn't know I was pg. Because I remember telling my dh in my dream about how I was still getting af. Crazy dream but it was neat too. Anyone big on dream interpretations? Anyone want to take a stab at possible meaning of my dream?

Rebecca - I know how you are feeling. It is hard each month staying hopeful. I will be praying for you and hope that this month is your BFP!!

[baby_dust]

10 years ago

Good morning ladies

Msward: I'm a dreamer also. But I don't have any insight on yours at the moment. But if something comes to me during the day I will let you know. Letme share This with you. I had a dream that my min called and told me that my uncle died. (I knew some one in my family was about to die) and the next day my grandfather died. Every time someone I'm my family passes away.......someone gets preg. It is probably bad to say this but I feel that I will be pregnant soon.

Rebecca: when are you going to test?

Scarlet: Where are you? How are you doing?

Afm: cd8 waiting to O. I took my last dose of Soy Isoflavone last night. I will start opk on Cd10.

Pray you guys are having a great day.

Good afternoon ladies.

Zuberi - I'm not sure about testing. Af is supposed to come either Friday or Sat. 11/22 or 23. I O'd between CD13 and 14. I thought I might test next Tuesday, which would be 13DPO for O on CD13/12DPO for O on CD14. If I get a BFN, I want to get off the progesterone as soon as possible so I don't delay AF showing up...but maybe that's not a big deal and I should just wait until AF doesn't come.

I don't know what to do. I feel jinxed when I test early. I've never gotten a BFP that way. Any ideas?

Afm - tired and worn down today. All three kids have been sick, with one thing or another, then my dd fell at Awanas last night and sprained her foot. I think I caught her head cold too, so I'm just feeling a little run down. Had some light cramping/uterine twinges yesterday and today, but that could be the pills, so I'm not reading into it. My dh and I are so busy with one thing and another, we've both been irritable and snapping at each other. It just makes me feel like we won't get pregnant again because we're not fit parents. (How crazy is that? But I'm good at these mind games.)

User Image

10 years ago

@ Zuberi-Baby - I hope you get your BFP this month but I hope no one you know dies. Usually dreams are not literal and only symbolize something else. Not sure what my dream meant but nevertheless, it was still kind of cool having a dream about having a baby.

@ Rebecca - Sorry to hear about ur dd spraining her foot. Hope she is ok. I know how you feel when you said with your and your dh snapping at each other and all the craziness has made you irritable and feeling like you will never get pg. I feel that same way at times too! I'm sure you are a wonderful mother and would be to another. Life sometimes is overwhelming and we all need a break or two. Sounds like you've been dealing with a lot and that can be overwhelming to ANYONE. And I am guilty myself of having a hard day and then being snappy with my dh or dd. When I recognize I do that I just apologize. Don't beat yourself up. Tomorrow is a new day!

God Bless you all and hope to hear news of BFP'S!!!

[baby_dust]

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo