Community post

Discussion

40 and TTC # 2 after 19 yrs

View Full Post

Hello Ladies,
I am 40 and DH is 50. We are trying to conceive our first together. I had a TR in August of 2013 and we stated trying in November 2013. I would like to share this journey with you ladies.

709 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

251 - 260 of 709 Replies | Last Page

Good Morning Ladies!! Hope everyone is doing well. I tried to post on Friday and just as I was finished typing my computer froze up. Silly technology lol. Then this weekend we have been crazy busy with our kids. Jarred brought 2 boys home with him this weekend from school and Sierra was with us this weekend too. Off course Jarred is just Sierra's big brother (even though only step) but having 2 other 18 yr old boys in the house had Greg's daddy hormones on HIGH ALERT!!! LOL. It was so funny. But what was even funnier was Jarred. As soon as he introduced Sierra he said "now dudes that's my little sister I expect you to respect her and stay away." LOL. And I've been heavy into making my Christmas candy lol. And of course Jarred had to take some back with him when he went back to school. I also found out that our hospital is going to require all nurses with our Associate degree to go back and get our Bachlor's degree, so looks like I'll be going back to school, but not until next fall.

Mamaof7- So sorry you were sick but glad your feeling better now. I continue to pray for God to cloak you in peace and that your little bean continues to grow stronger everyday. Hold on to God's promise.

KDdid- So thankful that things are going good for you and your little bean. And so thankful it went well when your shared your wonderful news at work. I too am saving all the vacation/holiday time I can bank at work, but my manager is really great she knows we are trying to conceive, (most of the girls I work with do lol). And their really supportive, they already have dubbed themselves as Aunts even though we aren't pregnant yet lol. So sorry about your accident with the deer, but thankfully God had his angels watching over to keep everyone safe. I continue to pray daily for you and your little miracle. And I'm really glad you peeked at my chart I always welcome input and I too thought implantation at 3dpo or 4dpo as I had some cramping those days and I was really excited because I had some nausea and vomiting also and Greg was like "Yes, your pregnant told you I had super swimmers" But we were disappointed when my temp dropped Friday and AF arrived Saturday.

Zuberi- So praying this is your cycle. Let me know how the Soy Isoflavone works. I may try it my next cycle. I know that soon you'll be announcing your

MrsWard- I'm also a dreamer and I believe they can sometimes be God's way of telling us what he has in store for us or what his will is for our lives. My best friend has a dream about fish everytime she or someone very close to her is pregnant. I have a dream about a lady in black when someone I love or is close to me is going to die. I dream about wolves when something bad is going to happen. I think it's just God's way of preparing us for things. So I definately think dreams mean something. And I'm praying yours means that you will soon be telling us you've gotten your . One of the girls I work with and another friend of mine that I haven't seen in about 6 months both told me last week that they dreamed I was pregnant with twins. About a month ago I dreamed I was pregnant with twins. So I'm praying that's God's way of telling me I will soon be holding my own little miracles.

Rebecca- I'm praying you soon see those two beautiful lines. And I also know how frustrating this journey is and I'm sure your dh does as well. And I can relate to the snapping thing too. Greg and I do that sometimes and it use to really bother me and I was talking to my Grandma about it one day and this is what she told me. "Sweetie of course you all snap at each other. And do you know why, because you know that no matter what you will always love one another. Greg knows that you get frustrated and snap at him but he's secure in your love that he knows you don't mean it and he forgives you immediately, just as you do the same with him. He knows how much you love him and you know how much he loves you. Just always remember to apologize, never go to bed angry, and always tell one another how important you are to each other and that you love one another. And then those moments when you snap don't seem so important anymore." I always remember that when one of us gets upset and starts snapping lol. I'm sure your husband is the same, he knows how much you love him and understands that right know you are under A LOT of stress. Just hang onto God's promises.

Afm- Well I'm cd4 and AF is really heavy today. I'm also starting to get really frustrated. I've been doing really good the last few months hanging on to God's promises. But this month I really thought we would get our , so did Greg we were both really upset when Af arrived. I know it's just the devil trying to steal my promise and cause me to doubt. But I find myself lately thinking it's just not meant to be that I'm not going to get pregnant again. I'm suppose to see my RE again this month and discuss Clomid. But sometimes I wonder if there is any use. I'm ovulating every month and we've been BDing the day before or the day of O and still no success. It's so frustrating. I try not to let Greg know I'm getting discouraged, but I really am. Please ladies keep me in your prayers. I'm so thankful I have all you ladies to talk to. You guys are the only ones who understand how I feel. I think God everyday that I have found you guys and this little group.

Chat with you ladies soon.

Love hugs prayers

10 years ago

Good morning ladies.

I too like Scarlet tried to post and my phone just wouldn't submit (monday) Anyway......

I'm glad my ttc sisters ( w/bfp) and my lil nieces and nephews are doing great.I'm praying for you guys.

Scarlet: I don't want to get my hopes up......but, I am feeling really good about this cycle. I am also going to try benadryl from 4dpo to 10dpo. It is supose to help with implantation. I'm a stay at home wife and mother so taking it 3 timesa day should not be a problem. A friend of mine just got her bfp with it. She has had m/c in the past too.

Afm cd13. I thought I had my positive yesterday but this a.m. my test line was a little darker and my temp had not dropped so I guess I will O tommorow. Weare sstill bding every other day and if I O tommorow it will be great timing.

Hang in there ladies. ......God's is not a man that He should lie. What He said He would do. He will do. Keep the faith. I love you guys.

10 years ago • Post starter

Scarlet, Thank you for sharing your dreams too. I am a firm believer that our dreams in fact have meaning. I know sometimes that they are not literal. ex: my dream of being pg. I have a friend who is really good at interpreting dreams and she felt instead that God was wanting to birth something in me. Perhaps something in ministry. And the fact that I didn't know I was pg in my dream she felt that whatever it is - I will be surprised by it. Possibly but I'd still rather hold on to it meaning literal and that I will get my BFP soon. I COMPLETELY relate to your feelings you shared about almost wanting to give up. I have been there myself. I'm trying to get to the point where I 100% am trusting God with whatever His will is. Even if that means it's not His will for my dh and I to have a baby of our own. I've cried and prayed and asked God to remove this desire from me to have a baby if it's not His will and so far he hasn't. I still SOOOOOOO desperately want a baby so I will continue holding on to God's promises. Again, I know it is hard. Have you seen that movie "Facing the Giants"? That scene in the movie keeps coming up in my memory lately with the part where the wife character is trying to get pg and she says something to the effect of "I will keep praising you". I have been saying that same thing to God - whether He blesses my dh and I with a baby of our own, I will continue praising Him. I will keep you in my prayers and ALL the ladies in this group. I too am SOOOO thankful to be apart of this group. It is so great to have others that share & understand your feelings and thoughts about this. Some of my family and friends think I'm crazy for wanting a baby at my age. I'm 45 btw. Just wondering - how old is everyone else in this group? If you don't mind me asking. Well, I hope everyone is having a good day!

afm - I am 5dpo. I had some sharp cramping yesterday mostly on rt lower side. It did not feel like af coming. My cycles are around 29 days. I was wondering what that cramping/pains were. I was wondering if it could possibly be implantation cramping. But I thought it might be too early for that. Plus - I have thought that before and been wrong when dear af showed up. I'm trying not to over-analysis every feeling but sometimes it is just SOOO hard. : )

[baby_dust]

10 years ago

Hi ladies. I'm 43 (DH 44) and ttc#1. Just looking for some support in what has become a roller-coaster of emotions. All of you seem are so sweet to each other and very supportive, which is actually refreshing to see. Anyway, blessings to all and wishing you tons of baby dust.

User Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/good_luck.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gif

10 years ago

Hi Praying4Alil1 - Welcome!!! I'm sure you will find lots of support from the ladies in this group. I have not been in the group long but I look forward to reading updates from everyone. And, whenever I post something there is always someone who responds with an encouraging word. I am 45 myself. My dh (whose 31) have been ttc for a year now. How long have you and your dh husband been ttc? If you don't mind me asking. Share whatever makes you feel comfortable. Again, welcome!!!

[baby_dust]

10 years ago

Hi Ladies,
I pray you ate all doing well. I am still working on losing weight in hopes that it will help.We are at our over 5 years tt . Im 39 for those new to the thread.All our tests came back normal did 4 cycles of clomid.
I am back i. The tww but started getting slight cramps today.My last AF was scary and worried it was a miscariage we did not know. I bled huge clots(hand size) for several hours. I had to change sanitary napkins every 10 minutes for the first hour.i have an appointment Monday and hopefully will make my weigh on for max clomid. We are also using the clearblue fertility monitor this next cycle.Lots of lucky sticky dust vibes to everyone.

10 years ago

Praying4ALil1 - welcome! I look forward to learning more about you and coming alongside you in encouragement. We have a very supportive and understanding group of ladies.

tigerette - praying your doctor's appointment goes well and you get some answers. That would have been a scary AF for sure.

mrsward - I'm 40. All of my family and most of my friends think I'm crazy for trying for another child, but I'm to the point where I just don't talk to them about it anyway. You know? It got to the point where when I did, it just made me feel bad. And I think it's been easier that way. You're right, it can be SO hard not to analyze every feeling or twinge.

Zuberi - praying for you this cycle, dear!

Scarlet - sorry honey that AF got you. I well know the disappointment of that. But it sounds like you had a good (and busy) weekend! Your grandmother's advice made me smile. It's so true.

Afm - Well, I'm either 12 or 13dpo, depending on what day I actually O'd. Like a dummy, I took a test yesterday afternoon, without holding and after several drinks. It was negative. is due Friday or Saturday. It's hard to keep my hopes up after seeing that blaring . I'm just really struggling to feel like I have a chance of this ever happening again. Part of me just wants to quit trying because of how much it hurts to feel hopeful and then watch another month slide by and AF still shows up. Plus always being aware that GETTING pregnant for me is just the tip of the iceberg.

Just say a prayer for me ladies. Please?

User Image

10 years ago

Good evening MrsWard. Thank you for the warm welcome. We have been ttc for the better part of this year-I'd say close to 9 months although it feels like we have been on this boat for ever. It never occurred to me that it would be difficult for us to conceive. I was under the impression that it would happen rather quickly. Boy, was I wrong. We had a chemical pregnancy in September and that was truly devastating but I've moved on and I'm currently working on improving the health of my eggs and, if nothing happens by the end of this year, we will be taking the next step, which would probably be IVF. In the meantime, I'm praying, trying to be positive and hoping for the best. I know from your posts that you were considering a donor egg. Is that something that you're still considering?

User Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/good_luck.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gif

10 years ago

Thank you for the welcome Rebecca. I, too, am looking forward to learning about all of you .

10 years ago

Good Morning Ladies. Hope everyone is doing well.

Praying4ALil1- Welcome to our TTC family. We are so glad you choose to share your journey with us. This is a great group of ladies. They are all so encouraging and we are here to listen to anything you want to talk about and offer advice or just our stories and hope they will encourage you. We also offer lots of prayer. So we'll add you to our little prayer group and pray for you to soon receive your .

Tigerette- Hope everything is well at your Dr's appointment. And I have had 3 Af just like your describing. They were so bad that I went to see my OB/GYN and she done and ultrasound and said that everything was fine that I was just experiencing heavier than normal periods (well duh like I didn't know that). She explained that it happens to a lot of women young as well which made me feel a little bit better but she also told me it wasn't anything to cause me fertility issues and shouldn't interfer with me conceiving. She did however prescribe me a medicine called Lysteda to help with the heavy bleeding. She also advised me that periods of this nature can however cause Anemia and that if I continued to have periods like that she wanted to do some blood work. So this month my Af was like that and I called her yesterday and she wants to do some labs to check me for Anemia.

Rebecca- I'm praying hard for your this month. And praying that God gives you peace. Just hang onto your faith and God will answer your prayers. He knows your heart and knows what a wonderful mother you are.

Mrs.ward- I'm praying so hard that you receive your this month. And 5dpo is not to soon for implantation, so your cramps could've been implantation cramps. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. And I understand how you feel about over anylizing everything. I promise myself every month that I'm not going to do it. And yet this past cycle I had convinced myself that I had implanted 3-4dpo and was pregnant only for Af to show up. It nearly destroyed my faith this month. Just remember God wants to bless you. Claim your miracle and hang on to it untill God blesses you and then praise God and testify his blessings upon you.

Zuberi- I'm praying this is your cycle. It looks like you've got the BDing covered . I just know you'll be anouncing your soon.

Afm- cd5 and my Af has finally slowed from super heavy (softball sized clots) to light. But now I feel exhauseted and washed out. My manager even said yesterday that I looked really pale and wanted to send me home. But I'm stubborn, plus I love my job. LOL. I'm having some blood work done today to check my blood count, and iron though just to make sure I'm not becoming Anemic. And I can't wait to start BDing agian this cycle and I'm claiming my promise right now God will bless me with my healthy little bundle of joy and will bless me with a safe and healthy pregnancy.

Chat with you ladies soon.

Love hugs prayers

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo