Community post

Discussion

40 and TTC # 2 after 19 yrs

View Full Post

Hello Ladies,
I am 40 and DH is 50. We are trying to conceive our first together. I had a TR in August of 2013 and we stated trying in November 2013. I would like to share this journey with you ladies.

709 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

101 - 110 of 709 Replies | Last Page

UPDATE: Well, this little bean might be holding on for a little while longer. Soreness is back & they feel quite full. I even had a little nausea today (I've never been so happy to be nauseated in my life)! Spotting went away, tho it's come back the teeniest, tiniest bit if I squint when I wipe. Unfortunately the cramping is still there. I called the doc & they wanted me to make an ultrasound appointment for around 7 weeks so I go in on August 30. Hopefully we can hold out that long!

10 years ago

Hey ladies.
How's it going? Just checking in. I hope everyone is doing well. Waiting on some updates.

Afm: CD3 cramps were really bad the first two days but to day was much better. I am going to start using some progest. Cream when I get to 3dpo.

Waiting on you ladies to update your stats.

10 years ago • Post starter

Good Morning Ladies! Hope this post finds everyone doing well. Sorry I've been MIA for awhile it's been a busy couple weeks for me.

Zuberi- I've also wondered about using the progest cream. I thought about trying it last cycle but didn't. Maybe I will invest in some this cycle and and try it also. I'm praying so hard that you get your this cycle.

Tigerette- How are things going with you. It's been a while since we heard from you. Keep us updated.

KDdid21- I praying so hard for you and your little bean. How have you been feeling? Please keep us updated.

Traci- Your still in our thoughts and prayers. Hope your having a great time. Lots of Love sent your way.

Afm- Like I said I've had a busy couple weeks. I moved my baby into his dorm last week and I'm having some serious seperation issues. But he checks in with me everyday and I can call him. I'm so thankful for cell phones. lol. Me and some of the girls at work have also been busy trying to raise money for the March of Dimes. I'm currently cd7, this has been a pretty mild for me had some cramping cd1 and heavy bleeding but that was it as far as cramps and then had about 3 days of moderate bleeding and just spotty the last couple days. All-in-all it's been a great AF lol. And now I'm ready to start trying again this cycle lol. I've had several dreams that I'm taking pregnancy test at home and there all positive so I'm hoping thats a good sign lol.

Chat with you ladies soon. Keep us updated!

Love hugs prayers

10 years ago

Good Morning Ladies! Hope this post finds everyone doing well. Sorry I've been MIA for awhile it's been a busy couple weeks for me.

Zuberi- I've also wondered about using the progest cream. I thought about trying it last cycle but didn't. Maybe I will invest in some this cycle and and try it also. I'm praying so hard that you get your this cycle.

Tigerette- How are things going with you. It's been a while since we heard from you. Keep us updated.

KDdid21- I praying so hard for you and your little bean. How have you been feeling? Please keep us updated.

Traci- Your still in our thoughts and prayers. Hope your having a great time. Lots of Love sent your way.

Afm- Like I said I've had a busy couple weeks. I moved my baby into his dorm last week and I'm having some serious seperation issues. But he checks in with me everyday and I can call him. I'm so thankful for cell phones. lol. Me and some of the girls at work have also been busy trying to raise money for the March of Dimes. I'm currently cd7, this has been a pretty mild for me had some cramping cd1 and heavy bleeding but that was it as far as cramps and then had about 3 days of moderate bleeding and just spotty the last couple days. All-in-all it's been a great AF lol. And now I'm ready to start trying again this cycle lol. I've had several dreams that I'm taking pregnancy test at home and there all positive so I'm hoping thats a good sign lol.

Chat with you ladies soon. Keep us updated!

Love hugs prayers

10 years ago

Good morning ladies

Just checking in. How's everyone doing?

Nothing new with me cd5 just waiting to O.

Hope you guys are having a great day.

Hello Ladies
Cd16 today got positive opk this morning.
My husband recommended this app called glow app..I love it! You can enter tons of information and its very supportive. Oddly enough it predicted my ovulation day as today and it was correct.I had used another app for the last 6 months and this cycle it said my fertile day was Monday. It seems we may have been missing that day.
Hubby and I put a lot of effort into this month. We on Cd 10,13,14, and 16 and planned 17. I tried to spend more time focusing on me and not labeling myself as the infertile one. I had a breakdown and came to terms with things and myself.I started working out full time again this week and signed up to run a 5k.. not sure what I was thinking on that one lol!
This cycle I did Clomid and noticed that my ovaries really hurt! I mean stabbing like pains yesterday and today.I started mucinex 3 days ago and still taking fish oil as well as vitamins daily.
The two week wait begins now and I am trying not to p,ace so much hope into things as I am pretty sure this one will feel the worst if not successful for husband and me.
Looking forward to hearing some news from you lovely ladies.

10 years ago

Hello I'm going to be turning 40 sunday and I am trying again after 10 yrs..my oldest is going to be 22 and youngest 10...so lots of baby dust for us, the mature TTC'ers...

??Tinkabell 39??

10 years ago

Hi ladies.

Welcome Tinkabell........ Happy birthday! Welcome to the "FABULOUS AT 40" club. It's not that bad over here. Lol

Just checking in. How was everyone's weekend? School starts tommorow (yay) lol. I plan to start back working out tommorow.

I'm on Cd9 and I had some spotting which I thought was odd. I did some research and found out that it is fairly common. So I will start opk tommorow and get ready to catch this egg and pray for a happy and healthy nine months.

I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Good Morning Ladies! Hope everyone is doing fabulous!

Tinkabell - Welcome to our amazing little group. We're so happy to have you.

Zuberi- Praying and keeping fx for you this month.

KDdid- Wandering how your doing. Waiting to hear an update from you.

Tigerette- How are you doing. Praying for your this month. How is your TWW going.

Traci- Hope you are doing well. We miss you.

Afm- Cd13 today, I usually start my OPK on CD15 but I think I may have ovulated early, like yesterday which I would be covered if we did we BD Cd11 but since I have been charting I have never O early always on CD18-CD20 but I'll keep watching and see what happens. But I've had loads of EWCM since CD11 and my temp dropped way down yesterday (which is what it always does on the day I ovulate) and this morning I had a huge temp spike so I'll keep watching my temp and see what it does. I also have an appointment with my OB/GYN on Friday and she has scheduled me an ultrasound so I'm anxious to see what she has to say. I'm praying we all get our this month.

Chat with you ladies soon.

Love hugs prayers

10 years ago

zuberi - waiting to O is almost as bad as the TWW. FX that this is your month!

tigerette - here's hoping that new app you have will do the trick! It certainly sounds possible that the stars could all align - nothing wrong with lots of BDing :)

tinkabell - welcome! It's nice to know there are other mature ladies TTCing and we're happy to share in the journey.

scarlet - very interesting on the early O-ing. Was there anything you were taking this month that could account for that? Maybe this means your LP will be longer, giving you more chance for implantation????

AFM - I had what looked like brown tissue this weekend and some ongoing discomfort on one side so my OB's office sent me to the ER. They checked HCG levels which were normal but the kicker was that they did an ultrasound and were actually able to find a heartbeat this early (just shy of 6 wks). YAY! So far the sticky dust is working. Thanks, ladies!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo