Community post

Discussion

40 and TTC # 2 after 19 yrs

View Full Post

Hello Ladies,
I am 40 and DH is 50. We are trying to conceive our first together. I had a TR in August of 2013 and we stated trying in November 2013. I would like to share this journey with you ladies.

709 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

621 - 630 of 709 Replies | Last Page

Hi Rebecca & everyone,
15dpo. I get AF sometime during this day. Usually in the morning, but last cycle it was b4 bed. No temp drop as of yet, but that could come tomorrow morn in that case the dreaded won't be too far behind, lol. Only time will tell. :-)
Glad to hear everyone is well!

Kymme

10 years ago

Hi girls,
17dpo, ovulated on day14 (1 day later than I usually do). Having symptoms, no sign of AF, but neg test at 5:00am this morning. Never been more than 1day late in whole life (except when pregnant).
Also never had a positive HPT with 2 (& only) pregnancies previously as hormones didn't show up til I had a blood test at Drs 1-11/2wks past AF due date.
Made the appt to see Dr next Wed. That would put me at day 40 or 26dpo. I'm sure I'll know b4 then what's happening. Plz cross fingers & send lots of baby dust!!

Kymme

10 years ago

Omg Bettyboop I hope this is for you! I'm so excited-FYI, my RE recommended no sex during first trimester due to my age (I'm 43) so if you can, try to refrain until you get your BFP & see your doctor. Good luck. I'm sending lots of baby dust your way. Keep us posted!

User Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/good_luck.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gif

10 years ago

Thx :-)
We're both hoping!! I wish I was one of those who the HPTs worked for, but I shall have to wait.

Kymme

10 years ago

Well, the showed up this morning with vengeance :-(
I've never been more than a day late, but I imagine it was all the stress we encountered this month. DH's mom passed away right during ovulation time 21/2-3wks ago so I imagine this could have been the cause.
Oh well, chin up I guess :-(

Kymme

10 years ago

Glad to find others around my age. I'm 43 and my husband is 50. I have two adult children from a previous marriage and my husband has none

This is our 2nd and final try. We had a BFP in December but miscarried at 6 weeks. We transferred 3 of my own eggs this time (last was 2). I am pretty sure I"m pregnant. I was really light headed last time and it is the same for this time. Every time I stand up I'm lightheaded.

My blood test is on Monday 16 DPO but am going to cave in this time and take a HPT this Thursday or Friday...or probably both days because I'm crazy like that :)

The TWW this time is a lot harder because I know this is our last chance. I'm trying to take it a day at a time because if we are pregnant I still won't be completely comfortable until at least the 2nd trimester. The things we put ourselves through!

10 years ago

Bettyboopta2 - I'm sorry, dear! That's tough. Hopefully the stress from last cycle is gone now. Praying for you.

Kwertley - welcome, and good luck! Let us know how things go for you. I totally understand the pressure of wanting to get that first trimester behind you. I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow and still have anxious moments, but thankfully they're getting fewer and fewer.

lwilliams & zuberi - how are you ladies?

If I missed anyone, I'm sorry. I hope everyone is well.

My dh has been gone since Tuesday to visit his brother and his new baby in NC. He comes back home tomorrow around lunctime - I can't wait! It's hard being apart. Thank goodness our vacation starts right after Easter services....a whole week of just being together without worrying about anything else!

User Image

10 years ago

Hi everyone.... I had posted that I was done but DH and I were going through a stressful rough patch and felt on the verge of divorce. We've been working out the issues and making things right. ALOT of stress with owning a business etc and money always causes fights. It's been rough but we fought to find strength.

Anyway... I took a few days off but I couldnt stop temping. We just left it in God's hands and if it's going to happen, it will. I think it was stressful for him to "perform". Which I can understand and so we just let things happen. So right now I'm 16dpo and still no AF. I keep feeling like she's coming, but nothing other than ALOT of watery cm. The longest LP I've had is 14. I havent tested yet but I may with the SMU this morning. I have a fear of seeing a bfn. I'm bloated bad, lower back ache, dizziness, legs feeling weak and crampy. I wasnt holding out hope for this month at all.. but now..there's a twinge of hope. I just dont want to be hurt again. This is our 5th cycle TTC. Well.. wasn't "trying" this month really.

Any news for anyone? Anything I missed?

10 years ago

ctymom - It's good to see you back, and to hear your encouraging news! I'm sure owning a business can be extremely stressful, but I'm thankful the two of you have been able to work through some of the rough times. Please let us know if you test. Praying for you!

User Image

10 years ago

Hey ladies
How are you guys?

Im all caught up. Sorry I've been MIA but I needed to take a Break from the ttc.I wwanted to let you guys know that I was surprising just trying to work on loosing some weight. Im not temping or taking any supplements so I have been stress free this cycle.

I missed you guys and as always I have you in my prayers.

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo