Community post

Discussion

40 and TTC # 2 after 19 yrs

View Full Post

Hello Ladies,
I am 40 and DH is 50. We are trying to conceive our first together. I had a TR in August of 2013 and we stated trying in November 2013. I would like to share this journey with you ladies.

709 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

151 - 160 of 709 Replies | Last Page

Good Morning Ladies! Hope everyone is doing great.

Janise- We would love to have you join our little TTC family. Your not to old and and if you want a baby then yes you should absolutly try. As Zuberi said earlier we believe in the power of prayer and we're here for you if you want to talk. Anything you discuss here I'm sure some of us can relate to. We try to encourage and lift each other up here. We really hope you decide to stick with us, feel free to talk about anything, we all do. Even if it's just something none TTC related sometimes it helps to put your thoughts and concerns out there for someone else to hear you. We're here to support each other and you as well.

Zuberi- The dreaded TWW lol. How have you been feeling? Fingers crossed girlie

Rebecca- Hey girl. How are you doing. I'm glad to see your upbeat attitude. And I'm thankful that your blood work so far has come back good. I'm sure the rest will also. And just remember God has everything under control up there. And as far as your miscarriage just remember everything happens for a reason and even though it's hard for us to understand it at the time, God has his reasons.

Afm- I'm 8dpo and still feel fine. Haven't had any cramps so far, did have some light spotting 6dpo but only a couple times when I wiped. Greg has been working a 48 hr tour, he comes home tonight and then goes back for another 48 hr tour, and I've been keeping my spare time at home occupied cleaning out cabinets, drawers and closets. So this weekend I'm have a yard sale lol. And last night he called me and ask me out on a date for tonight lol. It was really cute and romantic. Sierra, Greg's daughter has her first homecoming tomorrow and I'm so excited I can't wait to see her all dressed up. Of course I'll be there to take all kinds of pictures lol. Jarred my son has already told her if the young man that is taking her gets fresh he'll have to beat him up. Lol . They're so protective of one another, you would think they were related by blood. Love my kiddos...

Still waiting to hear updates from the rest of our TTC family. How is all the rest of our family doing?

Chat soon ladies.

Love hugs prayers

10 years ago

Good morning ladies

Scarlet: Im so excited for you! When are you going to test? You know it only takes about two days tobget a faint positive after the IB. It would be so cute to tell Greag that he got you pregnant on "THE FIRST DATE". lol. ( just a thought....I love surprises)

Afm: nothing new. 6dpo. I'm glad it's Friday. The will make the tww pass alittle faster.

Hope you guys have a great weekend.

Scarlet: make sure you post when you get your bfp. I know it will be this weekend.

10 years ago • Post starter

Hello ladies. I have not posted since I joined your group but I have been sick. Thought I was having pg symptoms, turned out to be a flu like illness now has turned into pneumonia. Started a bunch of meds today so looks like I wont be trying this cycle. Baby dust to you all.

10 years ago

Hi everyone! I have been "creeping", (as my daughter would say) and have enjoyed reading everyone's comments and hoped I could join. Though, I am older than ALL of you! ð??? A whopping 46! Hubs and I decided a couple of months ago we want to try for another child and will have his vasectomy reversal in Nov. Didn't realize how difficult it is to get pregnant at my age until I started reading about it this past month and a half. Went to a new on/gyn as Moved out of state and surprisingly she was very positive about it. Did blood and she said was pretty good and to go ahead and start trying. Think she forgot we haven't had the vasectomy reversal yet. Anyways I have an ultrasound this Wed to make sure everything looks ok for potential pregnancy. Anyways....hope I get a good result. Since we have decided to not tell any of our family and friends that we are trying, it would be nice to have people in my same situation to vent to and get advice from.

10 years ago

Sastamey - Welcome! I'm glad you have such a positive OB. There are just too many people out there who are negative. I'm 40, and you'd think I was 80 or 90 the way my family acted when they found out we were trying again! LOL.

dragonblitz - sorry you're sick! Hope you get well soon.

CD10 for me, FINALLY finished my 9 day AF. It's back to normal, but what a pain in the butt. DH and I have decided to BD every other day, starting last night, just to see if we can hit the magic day. It would be ironic if I got pregnant this cycle without using the fertility monitor, after saving up to buy it! But, I told my dh it would come in handy anyway, since I don't want this child (if we can have one) to grow up alone - our youngest would be 8 when a baby would be born if I got pregnant right now. You should have seen his face!

User Image

10 years ago

Hey guys

How's everyone?

Sastamey: welcome to the family. I too am glad you have a positive OB. And I don't blame you for not telling anyone. My dh and I have been trying for 1year now since my TR. (We have gotten pregnant one time although we miscarried at 8weeks on July 4th. )We aren't telling anyone either. It was so hard for me because we have 3 kids in the house 14/ds 11/ds & 6/dd. Our dd wants a baby sooo bad. We record and watch A BABY STORY together

Rebecca: awwwww I'm sorry you are sick. I pray you start feeling better soon.

Scarlet: Immmmmmm waaaaitinnng. l I need to see that

Afm: I was sick yesterday. I threw up (yuck!) and I had a headache all day. This am I woke up with a sore throat and I still have a lihht but there headache. I don't think its SS of being pregnant because my little girl is sick and she has been sleeping with us. So I think I caught her bug. CTP says i'm 7dpo so too early to get a ( good no doubt) + hpt. So ........ I am going to try to wait until monday to start testing.

Hope you ladies enjoy your weekend.

Good morning ladies

Happy monday to you guys!

Since you guys have not updated you stats I guess I will tell you what has been going on with me.

Ok here goes.... I have been having this headache for almost 4/5 days now. The first two days it was off and on but Sat and Sun it never went away so ......after I left church I tested and it was a very, very, very did I say very????? Faint line.Then I tested again this a.m. and it was a little darker. (#183417) you guys take a look at it and tell me what you guys think. Me and another member could see the line with out invert but you know how it is looking at your own test. ( it will be a line there wheather there is one there or not) lol. I will be waiting on you guys to post your opinions about the pic.

I hope you guys had a great weekend!

Good afternoon Ladies! Hope everyone is doing great!

Sastamey- Welcome to our little family. We're excited that you decided to share your journey with us. And I must agree having an optistic and encouraging OB/GYN is very helpful. Mine is the same way and I love her for it, she has been very encouraging every step of the way. We did decide to tell others that we are trying for another one and we were meet with both enthusiam and discouragement (We chose to ignore the later lol). We're all here for you if you ever need to talk about anything please feel free to share nothing is too much lol.

Rebecca- Your AF sounds like mine lol. But I'm glad thats behind you and you can get on with BDing, you guys have fun and enjoy. And i'm keeping my fingers crossed that you don't need that fertility monitor. Oh and maybe you'll get lucky and get pregnant with twins .

Zuberi- Just checked out your test I can see a faint line without inverting it. I'm praying sooooo hard for you.

Dragonblitz- Sorry you've been feeling bad. Will be praying for you.

Afm- Sorry I've been MIA but it's been a crazy weekend. Greg took me out on a date Friday night and we ran into a girl I went to nursing school with that I haven't seen since we graduated. So our date turned into a double date with them. It was great to catch up with her and her husband works with Greg on the fire department. Funny how lifes works out sometimes. Then Saturday my mom and me had a yard sale and I spent the whole day with her. It was really good for her and me both. It's been harder on her and I to let daddy go than my brothers. Then yesterday my car broke down on the way to church UGH!!!!!! I caught myself calling mom's to ask for dad to fix it. Then I spent the rest of the day a crying sobbing mess. LOL Even watching Transformers I sobbed like a baby lol.
I'm 11dpo and still no sign of AF, no cramping or anything. My boobies have been sore the past couple days but thats about it. Yesterday morning my temp dropped down to 96.77 well below my coverline so I figured AF was on her way. But this morning it was back up to 97.53. So who knows lol. I still haven't tested. I'm going to try to wait a few days.

Chat with you ladies soon.

Love hugs prayers

10 years ago

Hey ladies, just wanted to give a quick update.

I had my follow up with the RE today. We talked about all the blood work I had done, where they checked for immune problems, genetic issues, blood clotting issues, antibody issues, etc. She said everything came back normal. The only thing left to do was an ultrasound, which the front desk forgot to schedule. She said it had to be done before I ovulated, because it could cause problems for a fertilized egg, and wanted to schedule it for tomorrow. I told her I wasn't sure when I ovulated, because I didn't track it, but that during two of my pregnancies they'd had to back up my due date and had said that might be due to the fact that I ovulate early. I'm currently CD12, and started seeing more CM late Sat/early Sunday. I asked her what we should do, and she sent me for another blood draw to see if they could tell if I was ovulating or approaching ovulation. It was so late in the afternoon that we didn't get the results back today so I'll be calling tomorrow.

One thing she did say, was she didn't expect to find any problems if she did the ultrasound. She said if/when I got pregnant again she wants me to use progesterone cream until I'm about 10 weeks along. She also wants to follow my next pregnancy - which means I'd have my regular OB, the high-risk OB, and my RE looking at me, poking and prodding, but I guess the more the merrier!

So now I'm just waiting and BDing every chance we get, praying for the Lord to bless.

User Image

10 years ago

Good morning ladies

Happy hump day!

How are you guys? ???

Sastemey: where are you? What's going on with you? Give us an update. Where are you in your cycle?

Scarlet: Have you tested yet??? Ican't wait! I'm sooooo excited! !!

Dragonbliz: Are you feeling better?

Rebecca: I'm so glad you got such good news. You are so blessed to have two great Drs llooking out for you and your little bundle (that's on the way).

Afm: okay I really don't know where to start...... first my hpt I posted must have been a evap because. ..... yeasterday I had very sharp pains on my left/middle part of my uterus. ( 2/3) they only lasted like 3/4 seconds. Then later on that evening I started having really bad pain that radiated down from my hip to my knee. It was off and on for about 41/2 hours . When I wiped after using the bathroom there was some brown cm on the tp. I also used a Q tip and insertedit collected some more to make sure that was what it was. When I took my shower I checked again and it was gone. This a.m. my bbt dropped from 98.4 ( which was higher than it was the last time I got my bfp) to 97.9. So.... I'm praying that it was implantation that happened yesterday. And hopefully my temp will spike tommorow to confirm that was what it was. Oh and I still have this headache.

Hope you guys are having a great day.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo