Community post

Discussion

40 and TTC # 2 after 19 yrs

View Full Post

Hello Ladies,
I am 40 and DH is 50. We are trying to conceive our first together. I had a TR in August of 2013 and we stated trying in November 2013. I would like to share this journey with you ladies.

709 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

531 - 540 of 709 Replies | Last Page

So happy to hear your news!!
I'm 6dpo today. How's everyone else doing??

Kymme

10 years ago

Hey ladies

Praying4Alil1: I'm so happy for you. I'm Also glad that you can relax and start enjoying your pregnancy.

Bettyboopta2: I'm right behind you. I'm 5dpo today. Are you having any symptoms yet?

Rebecca: how are you doing?

Ctymom: any updates?

Afm: I had the highest temp I have ever had since I have been ttc. (98.6) Even when Igot my bbt it wwasn't that high. Yesterday it was 98.1 so that was a huge spike for me. The highest I have ever had was 98.3. Maybe it was just a fluke. I guess i will know more tommorow. Oh by the way....I slept so good last night and I still was so sleepy this morning when I woke up to start breakfast for the kids. I also took a nap after lunch. Lol i will let you guys know what happens tomorrow.

Have a great day ladies

10 years ago • Post starter

Thanks Praying4Alil1.... and you're right. Doctors dont educate themselves like they should for their patients. That's why it's so hard to get me to even go. But he wasnt going to refill my heart meds next month if I didnt get my bloodwork and go in so I had to. then tried to tell me I needed to know my weight so i can keep track and lose it. I said I dont need numbers, I go by how I feel and how my clothes fit. I dont need to know my numbers. I had to not cry the whole visit. And I have to go back in 3 months. thanks for the suggestions and happy to hear things are going good for you and your bean :)

Zuberi.... hope this is your month and you are doing well!

afm... I'm cd9 today. Trying OPK's to really pinpoint when I O. My temps are more level this month it seems so maybe my cycle is leveled out so I can track easier. Gonna make this my month darnit! lol

10 years ago

Hiya ladies. Loved reading all your posts to date. Hope ye don't mind. I,m a mum of 3 aged 12 ,5 and 2 and TTC #4. Very hard pregnancies and 33-35 day cycles on a good month. Not tracking temps or using any supplements or aids or anything. I'm turning 39 in April so time a ticking. 6dpo and have never had as much bd-ing as this last ten days. Feeling guilty reading about the real struggles some heartbroken women are going through waiting for their babies to be put in their lives. It's like a whispered unspoken secret in daily life and my heart felt hopes are with all these Mamas in the making. I can't imagine how hard it must be to just face a new day a new cycle another round of drugs and exams etc. May the queen of baby dust production dump everything she's got on you all. Plus a little dollop of courage to keep going. What's meant to be is meant to be. Sending huge hugs and love. .

10 years ago

Acushla: hi and welcome to our sisterhood. I enjoyed reading your post.It was like reading poetry.

How are the rest of you guys doing?

Praying4Alil1 : I forgot to tell you thanks for the prayer you posted. I really enjoyed it.

Afm: I am 6dpo. I had mild cramps yesterday and today. I have also been going to the bathroom (peeling) every hour to hour and a half. I usually only use the bathroom two/three times a day. My nipples are a little sensitive. But other than that nothing has been going on. I guess it is still too early. Oh I had the highest temp I have ever had yesterday. It was 98.6 from 98.2. However today it went down to 98.4 which is still high for me. Even on my bfp cycle it only got up to 98.2/98.3. So we will see what tomorrow brings.

Take care ladies.

10 years ago • Post starter

Good morning lovely ladies,

Zuberi : thanks for the compliment!

I broke out yesterday and poas. No joy too early. This will be cycle 3 of us actually bd-ing when we were supposed. I couldn't believe how sad I was when the last two times bottomed out on us. Our first baby was conceived on the pill and was a huge surprise to two very immature parents. So I assumed I had like secret super baby making powers how daft is that, considering the subsequent two took a lot lot more time, tears and effort.

Dying to hear how everyone is doing.
Xxx

10 years ago

Acushla, welcome welcome. I'm sure you'll find every single one of these ladies is inspiring, courageous, and supportive. Good luck and looking forward to helping you through this journey.

@Zuberi & Bettyboop, I'm so excited for you loveys. I'm crossing my fingers and my toes. Good luck. I'm sending you both tons and tons of baby dust.

CTYMom, that's the attitude. Yay for positive thinking. Start talking to your uterus as if a baby it's already there. Send all of your positive force there and you will see results. I learned that from my Mayan abdominal therapist!

@Rebecca, how are you love? Thinking of you.

AFM, a whole 7 days with no spotting and very little cramping and I was finally able to upload my sonogram pictures. They are not that great because I had to crop them so much but you can totally see my little peanut. Thank you ladies for being such a rock for me. I love you and keep you in my prayers always.

Have a great day everyone!

User Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/good_luck.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gif

10 years ago

Zuberi - those high temps sound promising!

Acushla - welcome! I think we all probably thought getting pregnant was easier when we first started trying! Your comment about having secret super baby making powers made me smile. Yeah, I thought it would be however many babies I wanted, whenever I wanted them...Not so much!

Hope all the other ladies are doing well.

Afm - well, after 3 days and no spotting, I woke up yesterday and felt awesome. No debilitating morning sickness, I actually had ENERGY...so I did some shopping, cleaned the bathroom, took everyone to get their hair cut, and actually cooked lunch AND supper - something I haven't done in weeks! Guess what I found when I got up this morning and went to the bathroom? More spotting! It's still that yucky brownish red, so I guess I'm just going to have to get used to it. This weekend in church, we're having a special service dedicated to the sanctity of human life, and some women from the crisis pregnancy center down the road will be speaking. I think I'm going to ask them if they'll do an ultrasound for me. They have the equipment and are always looking for pregnant women to practice on, plus they've offered to do it before. Do you think it might be a good idea? If I can see my little baby and know that he or she is still kicking around in there, I'll feel much better.

User Image

10 years ago

@Rebecca, have them do it! It will give you piece of mind. If it's just brown yucky discharge, it's probably a cyst that ruptured and I'm sure your baby is fine. Stay positive. Keep us posted. Much love.

User Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/good_luck.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gif

10 years ago

Acushla: welcome! This is a wonderful group & I've enjoyed reading your recent posts.
Rebecca73: agreed! Definitely get the ultrasound. And keep positive!
Praying4alil1: thx & is the pic under your profile to see?

I'm at 8dpo today. Don't have anything to report other than we did everything right: both taking vits, doing it when we're suppose to, eating right; I took primrose again, drank green & red raspberry leaf tea & B6 in addition to Prenatal. I hate the 2-wk wait!!
Hopefully, Zuberi, ctymom & I will get it this time :-)
Much love & dust to everyone <3

Kymme

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo