Community post

Discussion

40 and TTC # 2 after 19 yrs

View Full Post

Hello Ladies,
I am 40 and DH is 50. We are trying to conceive our first together. I had a TR in August of 2013 and we stated trying in November 2013. I would like to share this journey with you ladies.

709 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

461 - 470 of 709 Replies | Last Page

Zuberi: I'm with Bella on the soy. Most of what I have read cautions against Soy because it has pseudo-estrogen properties. Estrogen dominance makes the tcc process near impossible. What you need is something which will balance the hormones. Please do some more research to assist with your own conclusion if you will. Have you done a recent progesterone check?

10 years ago

Hi ladies

Bella and Janice: Thank you ladies. You guys are right....but you know how it is when you are willing to try anything....... Yes all of my tests came back in the normal range.

Rebecca: I saw your little bean in the gallery. I'm so excited for you!

Bella: I can't wait to see yours too.

Afm: I don't know if I an 4dpo or 7dpo. CTP says i'm 3dpo but I don't think that is correct. Anyway. I'm in the tww. I can't symptom spot this cycle because I don't know where I am. So I will just wait until af is due and test if . She is a no show. Hope you guys are having a great weekend!

10 years ago • Post starter

I'm at cd11 and having alot of pressure and cramps and overall dont feel well. I'm going to O anytime between today and cd13. If I conceive this month, my due date will be the same as my daughters birthday Nov. 6th. 2 of my 4 children were conceive in Feb and born in Nov. lol So maybe feb is my month. ;)

Hope everyone is doing well!

10 years ago

Hi,
I am 44. I have 2 children ages 15 (ds) & 18 (dd) from previous marriage. DF is 49 & this will be our 1st real month TTC. I just went off the pill & didn't ovulate last cycle, but pretty sure I did this time. I'm at 13DPO & charting temps & cm. would love to hear your stories (have read back to the beginning & the most recent)
to all :-)

Kymme

10 years ago

Nice to meet you! I'm 44 also and this is my 3rd cycle trying.... welcome!

10 years ago

Thx ctymom,
I appreciate the welcome :-)
I hope this trip is a short one & we get our soon!!

Kymme

10 years ago

Hi ladies

Bettyboop: welcome. .......as always we are glad when ladies decide to share thdirectly ttc journey with us. When are you planning to test?

Where are the rest of you ladies?

Afm: my chart is so up and down until I am confused about my dpo. So I will have to wait until af is due to test. I pray it's a bfp which will better help me understand my chart. I don't know how to post it. If you ladies know tell me so that maybe you guys can help me figure it out

Hope you guys are having a great day!

10 years ago • Post starter

Thx for the welcome Zuberi :-)
I'm 13dpo today so I will test Friday if I don't get AF when I wake, lol.
I'm really praying for a + so I can surprise DF for Valentine's Day, but we'll have to see. Cm was good, & I ovulated, etc at all the right times so we'll leave it up to the universe to decide, lol.
Good luck to everyone!! Where is everyone in their cycles btw??

Kymme

10 years ago

I'm on cd14 right now waiting to see if I O'd. I believe I did on cd12 but there wasn't as much cm as last month but there was some. My temp went down again this morning but I also didnt sleep well last night and got up at almost 3am to go to the bathroom and then woke at 5:50am. So my temp this morning is useless. I'll have to wait for tomorrows. I'm feeling really depressed yesterday and today. DH I think was pms'ing yesterday and when he's like that.... I dont deal well with it. I have a feeling this month is a bust b/c we should be BD'ing and I honestly feel too depressed to even care at this moment.

10 years ago

Hi ladies. I just got back from my intake appointment with the high risk ob nurse. I can only gain 15lbs. They want me to do a slew of testing to make sure I and the baby don't have a long list of issues, but for most of them the only "fix" they have is to terminate the pregnancy. I'm not making any political/social/religious statements here or judging anyone else, but I've lost so many babies the idea of terminating a pregnancy makes me ill. I might do the normal blood draw they offer now, where they can put the baby's DNA together from that and test for Down's Syndrome and some other birth defects, and they can also tell the sex of the baby. I think it's like 99% accurate. But that would be just to give us a heads up if we needed to plan how best to care for the baby after birth.

We'd planned to visit NC in April since my dh's brother and his wife will be having their third child, and we were going to take a vacation in Canada in June, but the nurse said we might have to nix those plans.

Right now I just feel a little down, and like my chances with this baby are slim to none. Hope I can shake it off! I go next Thursday for another ultrasound at the RE's office, and meet the High Risk OB the Thursday after that.

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo