Community post

Discussion

40 and TTC # 2 after 19 yrs

View Full Post

Hello Ladies,
I am 40 and DH is 50. We are trying to conceive our first together. I had a TR in August of 2013 and we stated trying in November 2013. I would like to share this journey with you ladies.

709 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

501 - 510 of 709 Replies | Last Page

@Rebecca... ouch! I know all too well how that feels! Hope you feel better soon. =(

asf... I tested today with a 4 hour hold.. I think... and got a bfn. I dont know when I really implanted if I have yet and I'm 10dpo today so still early. I had a BAD sharp pain in my left side and this morning had a really really bad metal taste in my mouth so I very well could have implanted last night or today. I thought I did at 6dpo which really on the early side. Yesterday and today is more typical so a HPT wouldnt have shown today.

Anyway...DH bought me a bunch of tests so I'll just wait until Sunday to test again.

10 years ago

Rebecca: I saw the picture. It was so cute! I'm so excited for you guys. ...

Ctymom: yes you are still early. But your symptoms sounds promising . Can't wait until you test. Come on bfp!

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi everyone,
Praying4alil1: so happy & excited for you
Rebecca: feel better soon! Been there/done that. Don't forget to rest your back!!
I don't test b4 15 DPO.
I just started a new cycle (day 7 I think). Have already added b6, green tea & primrose oil to the regular prenatal. I've also banned DH from wearing underwear at home too, lol.
Here's praying for us all this cycle <3

Kymme

10 years ago

Hi ladies.

Thank Bettyboop. You're sweet. Best wishes to you for a BFP this cycle. Lol about your hubby not wearing underwear around the house. My RE had my mine taking 200 mg CoQ10 a day!

@zuberi, FX for you as well.

CTYmom, update please! Your symptoms sound promising

@rebecca, sorry about your back. I hope you're feeling better. That picture is amazing. You can literally see a tiny baby. So sweet!

I've been trying to upload my sonogram pic with no luck. It's so annoying. I told my BFF today and she was crying and laughing and crying some more. She was so excited and happy for us!

I hope everyone else is doing great!

User Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/good_luck.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gif

10 years ago

So its been ages since I have been on here but man has life been interesting!
We went to an IVF clinic yesterday. They did tell us they would not do the IVF unless my BMI was below 30 which I was a bit upset about. My BMI was 38 when I started dropping weight and it is now at 32.
I have a extremely regular 26 day cycle with ovulation on day 12 every month. My husband and I are looking at all our options and are thinking of moving ahead with trying 2 cycles of IUI. I am curious if anyone has had any success with this at all? It is a cheaper alternative for us at this time and would give me time to drop more weight to help make IVF successful.
We also thought we had saved enough money for IVF but turns out we are quite a bit short (about $3000 ). The clinic we chose refunds you the IUI cost if insemination is not successful.
In case anyone forgot I am 39 , a few months shy of 40. I am just getting so scared that we will never have children as I am getting older. Any info is greatly appreciated.

10 years ago

Hey ladies

Tigerette: I missed you. I oil thought you got your bfp and forgot all about us. About the IVF. Girl my dh want even go and have his sperm analysis done. So IUI and IVF is definately out of the question lol. It is also very expensive. I will be praying that you guys don't have to go that route. Keep us posted.

Praying4Alil1: Thanks. ..and have you posted the picture? I didn't check before I started this post. But I will when I'm done.

Rebecca: how are you? how is your back? The picture is great! I was so excited to see it. It is soooooo clear.

Bettyboopta: have you tested yet? Waiting on an update girl!

Ctymom: Any news?

Afm: CD7. I have been using the castro oil packs. This will be my third day. So from what I have read it is 3 days on and 3 days off. So we will see.

I prayer you guys are having a great day!

10 years ago • Post starter

Anyone know why there would be a BMI limit for IVF and not IUI??
-Just curious

User Image

10 years ago

Tigerette - hi! Great to see you back. I'm afraid I don't know anything about either of those procedures, but I wish you luck.

Zuberi - My back seems to be here to stay. Most of the all-over pain is gone, but I've tweaked the sciatica and it hurts off and on all day long on my right side. Otherwise I'm doing ok. The bleeding I had over the weekend didn't re-occur, so that was good. But my dh is still watching me like a hawk.

User Image

10 years ago

Still no AF. CD27 and 15dpo. I've tested both on 12dpo and 14dpo with $store tests and bfn. I'm never late with AF unless I'm pregnant. If I'm not, it will be the first time in my life. I'm tired, can't stay up past 8pm and up between 4-4:30am which is getting annoying. Acid indigestion, headaches, and bloated bad. My rings are tight which isnt an AF symptom. I also have swelling with pregnancy. I always end up stretching out my shoes. So I dont know...this waiting is annoying.

I'll catch up on everyone once I really wake up. I can't concentrate for anything right now.

10 years ago

Prayers would be appreciated ladies...the spotting is back, and although it's still old blood, there's more of it than there was Saturday. Waiting on the dr to call back to see if they want me to come in. I know this can be totally normal, but I've had such a bad time with pregnancy I'm trying not to get nervous.

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo