Community post

Discussion

40 and TTC # 2 after 19 yrs

View Full Post

Hello Ladies,
I am 40 and DH is 50. We are trying to conceive our first together. I had a TR in August of 2013 and we stated trying in November 2013. I would like to share this journey with you ladies.

709 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

121 - 130 of 709 Replies | Last Page

Good Morning Ladies! Hope all is well with everyone.

Zuberi- Praying sooo hard you get your BFP this month. It's a good sign that you temp went back up. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Traci- It's so great to hear from you again. It sounds like you've had an amazingly wonderful time. I'm so happy for you. Congrats on your recent nuptials. Praying that your BFP is around the corner.

Afm- I'm CD2. AF arrived yesterday. So I'm on to the next cycle. It actually didn't depress me this cycle as much as it has in the past when AF arrived. That's not to say I wasn't praying this would be our cycle. It was just easier to accept when it didn't happen this month. I'm more at peace now, where as in the past TTC has been so stressing and depressing because I kept thinking it would never happen. But I've been praying and talking to God a lot about my conceiving and he reminded me that all I had to do was ask him anything and he would give it to me. That if I would leave my worries at his feet that he would carry my load. How wonderful is that. So that's what I've done and I've had so much peace about it this month. It's been wonderful. I continue to pray for each and everyone of you ladies (my TTC sisters) that you get those beautiful BFP's.

Chat soon ladies.

Love hugs prayers

10 years ago

Scarlet I'm glad you are calmer about AF this month.
The Dalai Lama says if there is something you can do about a situation, do it, if not, let it go. I take comfort from those words. Just makes sense to me not to harbor on things we can't control.
You will be in my thoughts and prayers xx

10 years ago

Hey ladies.

Just a quick update:
My temp dropped some more this a.m. not to the coverline but lower thsn yesterday and the day before. ( 98.3, 98.2, today 98.1) I also had a - hpt. So I will just wait for af to show. She supose to arrive Saturday so we will see. I am having some friends and family members in town until monday night So I will be busy trying to entertain them. I will check in on you guys tuesday and read all the updates then.

Have a great weekend!

10 years ago • Post starter

Duplicate

Duplicate

Hi ladies! I just turned 40 in July. My dh and I have been trying for #4 since Jan 2011, and have had 2 MC since then. My cycle has been out of whack since my last MC in March. My family try to be supportive, but most think I'm either menopausal or crazy. Just hoping to connect with other ladies who might understand, and make some friends along the way!

User Image

10 years ago

Hi
Last month was not our month so wr are taking this month off from all the meds etc. I had super CM today and a very quick strong opk positive so hoping we can BD before that window closes again. We have been super busy with things due to DHs parents coming to visit. After 11 years they finally decide its time to meet me lol.. And they are staying a month!
Good luck to you all this month ill be starting the two week again here soon.

10 years ago

Good morning ladies

Rebecca: welcome. We are glad you chose us to share your ttc journey with. Feel free to talk about what ever you like. There is no tmi, just say what you feel. Again we are happy you are here.

Tigerette: I pray this is you guys month. The in law situation kinda sounds likemine. Lol aalthough it wasn't 12 years. It was along time after we got married before I meet them. So good luck with that. We are here for you if you need to talk.

Scarlett: Hey girl. Where are you? You know you are my inspiration and prayerpartner. So ccheck in and give us an update.

Afm: CD7 still waiting to O.

Hope you guys have a great weekend! I look forward to reading some updates.

Good Morning Ladies! Hope everyone is doing well.

Tigerette- It's great to hear from you. I'm praying this is your month. Don't let the in-laws stress you out while there staying with you guys. I remember from my ex whose mother despised me lol, how stressful they can be. Like Zuberi said if you need to vent or chat were here for you. Good luck this month and BD often .

Rebecca- Like Zuberi said Welcome to our little TTC family. We're hear for you. Anything you want to talk about or ask questions about were here to listen, offer advice, and always prayers. We're wishing you the best of luck and sending many prayers your way.

Zuberi- It sounds like you and I are in sync again with our cycles lol. I'm praying this is your cycle. I keep you in my daily prayers and know that God has the perfect time planned to bless you with your little bundle.

Afm- Sorry I've been MIA lately lol. Greg and I took a little mini vacation (without the kids) to Tenn. And I must say it was wonderful. It was the most relaxing time we've had in forever. We didn't have any kids to worry about we left all our work stress at home and just had some good ol' fashion fun lol. We felt like teenagers again. However Af arrived the day before we left so I had to deal with that while we were gone but the medicine my Dr. started me on this month helped to keep me from bleeding so heavily. I'm cd11. Not really sure when I will ovulate as last month it was so different from my previous cycles. But my OB/GYN seemed to think it was because my body is finally started to get into a normal cycle. So I could O anywhere from today to a week from today. So I'll just use my OPK's and watch my temp, and keep praying. I know it'll happen when God choses it so I'm a lot more relaxed than I ever have been about TTC. LOL. Never thought I would get to that point. LOL. But the Lord has always given me such peace, he's never failed me and I know he'll always carry me through my hard times.

To all the rest of our TTC buddies, anxiously awaiting updates from everyone. Please keep us posted. We miss hearing from you.

Chat with you ladies soon.

Love hugs prayers

10 years ago

@zuberi & scarlet - thanks for the welcome!

Ladies, I just don't know what I'm doing anymore. My emotions are all over the place. One day I'm convinced God was telling us to try having more kids (when we got off BC in 2011 due to my hubby and I talking the idea over, praying about it, then talking about what we felt God was saying to each of us), then I remember my miscarriages and just don't know. My only easy pregnancy was my 1st, when I was 24. Since then I've had an ectopic, 4 mc's, and 2 more kids. (Although with my other two live children, I have preeclampsia, preterm labor, bed rest, and another C-section.)

Part of me feels like I'll never get pregnant again, or that if I do, my babies will all die. Then I'll be hopeful again, and remember how my OB says there's no reason I can't have more healthy children.

I'm not trying to bring anyone down...sorry if I do! Just wanting to know if anyone else has dealt with feeling something similar. And if so, how did/do you deal with it?

Again, not trying to bum anyone else out, just so tired of these ups and downs!

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo