Community post

Discussion

40 and TTC # 2 after 19 yrs

View Full Post

Hello Ladies,
I am 40 and DH is 50. We are trying to conceive our first together. I had a TR in August of 2013 and we stated trying in November 2013. I would like to share this journey with you ladies.

709 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

441 - 450 of 709 Replies | Last Page

@KED136... welcome to the group! FX'd for you! Good luck!

Thanks everyone for the support. Really appreciate it! =) I had a super heavy AF but thankfully only last 2 days. Sorta 4 days...spotting the day before and the day after. It's ending today. But it's back to normal so that's good. Now to wait for the O. Charts are showing ) possibly coming between cd11-16. cd11 seems alittle early but can manage to squeeze in some extra BD'ing just in case. LOL 2 of my 4 kids were conceived in February. they were born Nov 6 and 10th. If I get preggo this month.. it puts my due date as Nov 6th. My daughter will get a kick out of that. haha

FX'd for everyone!

10 years ago

@KED136, welcome to the forum. Lol. I think we all try NOT to obsess during the TWW but it's nearly impossible. I'm DPO10 and been POAS since DPO8 because this is my last cycle TTC naturally - we are trying IVF in March. fX for you and tons of luck. Keep us posted.

@TCYMom, I LOVE your attitude. It's positive spirIts like yours that make this journey bearable.

How's everybody else doing? This forum is quiet. Let us know what's happening.

User Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/good_luck.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gif

10 years ago

Hello Everyone! Finally I have the courage to post on this forum. Apologies in advance for this long post! I love to write to encourage others. So happy for Rebecca's ! Will keep praying for the rest of us to get a this year!

I just turned 47 last Monday and my DH is 58 1/2 years old. I had my first baby, a girl when I was 20 from a traumatic experience that starts with the word R and the guy should have been sent to jail. My daughter is now 26 and is expecting a baby girl early April. My mom had her last baby at the age of 44 1/2.

My husband and I finally decided to try naturally for our first baby together just last July after 19 years of marriage. We got married when my daughter was 6 years old. He even stopped drinking coffee and taking baths to boost our chances. : )You might ask why it took us this long, there are a lot of reasons although we wished we started when we were much younger.

Helpful FYI: I started to get acupuncture from someone who specializes in fertility. He said the most important thing to do for someone TTC is egg health. Fertility acupuncture helps the brain and the ovaries to communicate better thus producing egg health. He said it takes about 3 cycles to start seeing good results. He also said that COQ10 really helps with egg health. He recommended Thorne's Qbest 100 to me.

Well, I'm on my 3rd cycle with fertility acu and it looks like the most promising cycle so far! I've been taking Thorne's prenatal , Chaste Tree tincture, EPO and Fertile CM. DH is taking Fertile Aid for men. Signed up for a year with FF.

AFM (7th cycle of TTC #1): My avg cycle length is 26 days and LP is 14. The longest cycle length I've had last year was 29 (March & Nov). I always have spotting 2-3 days before AF and have period like cramps prior to AF.

Today I'm on CD 30 and 14DPO. The fertility friend chart shows OV on CD16. I have zero spotting and the most promising sign is my BBT temp has been rising the last 4 days! This am it went up to 98.51 from 98.47 (answered prayer!). Usually 1-2 days before AF my temp will start to go down below 98.

Feeling bloated, slight cramps, sore boobs and extreme drowsiness the last two days. FF says I should test tomorrow CD31, 15DPO.

So tomorrow will be the day I hope to confirm a and to see if our hometown team Seattle Seahawks wins the Super Bowl!

I'm so excited and nervous at the same time! But I trust God that He's working things out for good. It's all in God's hands and His perfect timing. We just need to ask Him for the patience to wait on Him.

TTC is not over for women over 40 as long as we still have our period!!!!

Stay strong, be encouraged and keep the faith!!!

Nap time now, feeling so drowsy......will keep you updated!

10 years ago

@Bella127, welcome to the forum. Thanks for the information re egg health. Here's hoping you get your BFP this cycle. Please keep us posted! We'd love to hear some wonderful news from you!

Baby dust to all!

User Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/good_luck.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gif

10 years ago

Hey ladies

I tried to post earlier but I don't see it.

Bella: welcome. And we are praying that this is your cycle. I will be waiting for your update tommorow. I am sorry but Denver is going to bring it home.

Ked: welcome. Yes you will fit right in. FYI.....we don't do the TMI thing. Say what ever you feel you need to. All of us know what cm, semen, blood and bm is. lol we are all ttc.

Praying4alil1: thanks for your encouragement. We really appreciate it.

Ctymom: we are praying that this is your cycle. Are you doing anything different this cycle?

Afm: cd11 lots of ewcm. Just waiting to O.

Hope you guys are having a great weekend.

10 years ago • Post starter

So AF arrived yesterday the 1st.
I 'm starting a cycle with menapur and follistim.
I was an egg donor many years ago so It shouldn't be that hard, but we'll see.
Starting tomorrow cd3.

Anyone else used this combo?

User Image

10 years ago

Thanks Praying4lil1 and Zuberi for the warm welcome! Zuberi - You've been an inspiration to me ever since I started reading the posts on your topic 2 months ago! You and the rest of the ladies here helped kept me encouraged in TTC. Sorry about your chemical pg! :( But you are much younger than me so stay encouraged and stay strong waiting for God's perfect timing for you!

AFM: I finally tested and got a Sunday morning Thank You Lord!!! CD31, 15DPO, temp went up to 98.56 from 98.51 Pls. see hpt image. I had to ask God for the courage to take the test! My DH is numbed and shocked but happy and pampered me today.
What helped me with getting a :
Faith in God to remember my womb, prayer and asking others to pray for me really helped me to stay strong and encouraged. Because TTC at my age is not for the faint of heart. I started to get a weekly acupuncture in Nov. and I love it! The most relaxing time for me and my acupuncturist is so positive and encouraging! Highly recommended! My insurance covers 12 visits a year. I have 8 more to go and he'll try to assists in preventing MC for the first trimester. www.treeoflife-acupuntucre.com

Pre-natal vitamins in July of 2013. Chaste tree tincture and EPO and Fertile CM (Fertile Aid for DH) in Oct. Nature's Made Ubiquinol (2pills 3x/day) for egg health in Dec. Started to have a tsp of raw honey with breakfast and drinking a cup of decaf green tea with this cycle. Tried to walk for 20-30 mins. 3-4X a week for blood flow circulation.

My progesterone count was only 5 (saliva test in Feb. 2013) Been applying progest cream on my body since March but my naturopath didn't clear me for TTC until July because she wanted to make sure I was healthy enough.

Symptoms: drowsy, slight back cramps, sore bbs, bloated
I've asked others to keep praying for me. I'm concerned about the risk of MC and other concerns that comes with being pg at 47. I'll be calling my ND tomorrow to make an appointment.

I pray for the ladies in this forum almost daily! Whenever I got a negative hpt, I say to myself, "It's all in God's hands and His timing is perfect!" through the tears and feeling of disappointment especially when it felt like every woman that I know got pregnant last year!

Wow! Same day BFP and the Seahawks winning the Super Bowl...God's perfect timing!

10 years ago

Hi girls, thanks for all your sweet responses.
Really nice to read all these stories on this forum and to see that we women are all the same! My AF came today, a day earlier then expected so we will start all over again, up to my 3rd cycle trying....funny that I have no recollection of how all went when I was 26 and 28 years old, that time I was just pregnant before I knew so probably never gave it an extra thought.

Just a positive note for all of you who are over 40, my cousin had been trying for so long and has had many miscarriages, gave it all up and with 46 she became spontaneously pregnant of a beautiful baby girl! She is the happiest mum ever and having a baby this age is keeping her really young!
So for all of us who feel disappointed or think it's not gonna work....one day you might be the lucky one with this miracle growing in your belly!

For me now waiting time till next ovulation before I can start counting down again :)
love to all!

10 years ago

And Bella, congrats with your positive test!!! Very happy for you!

10 years ago

Good morning ladies

Bella: Praise the LORD! !! I am so happy and excited for you guys! You are an example of the power of prayer. Thank you so much for your post. You have really encouraged me. I will keep you and your lil bean in my prayers. I know everything will be great. Keep us posted.

Ked: I'm sorry af came. Are you doing anything different this cycle? And thanks for the encouraging story about your cousin.

Iwilliams: sorry af came. About the meds....... I don't know anything about either of those. But hopefully one of the other ladies came help you out.

Praying4Alil1: How are you? Waiting on a update.

Ctymom: any news yet?

Rebecca: how are you? Update us. Let us know how you guys are.

Afm: I'm waiting on confirmation that I Oed. I am 2dpo. So I will be officially in the tww tommorow.

I look forward to reading some updates from you guys.

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo