Community post

Discussion

HCG levels...a little scared

View Full Post

I've had 4mc and they all started with a low HCG level. I'm currently 4w5d (I think) and had a blood draw yesterday. My hcg is at 87. I've looked at a ton of charts and I know that what matters most is that the numbers double in 24-72 hours....and I have another blood draw tomorrow....but I was wondering if any of you ladies have had low hcg early in pregnancy but continued on without any problems. I'm just scared...and praying for my little bean. Please share your success story!! I need some reassurance! Thank you!!!

416 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

81 - 90 of 416 Replies | Last Page

And I'm sorry I didn't respond yesterday. I didn't get a notification and just saw that you started bleeding. :-( Maybe it was another chemical. Maybe you're pregnant. Sometimes women bleed when they're pregnant. You definitely need to see the OB. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'll be praying for you.

11 years ago • Post starter

My beta was zero. I am just dumbfounded. I am still bleeding....still feel a bit of nausea, but the bb's seem not as hard. This whole process is the strangest thing...it makes you feel very powerless...and like you're crazy. My first chemical I had told my best friend what was up and before I had my beta she told me that sometimes (she's a nurse too) women want to be pregnant so bad their body thinks it is. I know this is true, but it really hurt my feelings when she said it. So when my beta came back in the 30s that made me feel better....but now with this weird thing about the stick being positive and beta being zero...she said "well lets change the subject for your sake". That also hurt....I really just wanted to talk it out. The dh is sweet enough. He's just like "what's going on?" I know next time I'm not confiding in anyone but you and the forum. Sheesh. They make me feel like I'm looney tunes or something. I know what a damn negative frer is....I see them all the time! So when this one immediately popped....I was kinda freaked out. Maybe it was a faulty test (But it's damn pink). I'm very relieved that it isn't an ectopic. And I wanted to thank YOU for not treating me like I'm insane.

11 years ago

I'm so sorry, hun. It does sound like a chemical. Maybe you should wait a cycle or two to try again. Give your body a chance to get normal, ya know? I'm here if you need to talk.

Yeah...probably not a bad idea. This month I think we shall take it easy. I was thinking of trying to take a baby aspirin a day the next cycle.

How are you feeling? Any better??

11 years ago

Still puking. :-( I'm eating more and drinking more but still freaking puking. I don't know what else to do. I just hope it settles down very soon.

Still puking. :-( I'm eating more and drinking more but still freaking puking. I don't know what else to do. I just hope it settles down very soon.

wow. I can't believe you are still puking. Poor thing. That must be some baby in there. Maybe will come out with a full head of hair!!

Were your chemicals back to back? Did you ever try baby aspirin?

11 years ago

I had a mc in 09, a mc in april 12 and a chemical in august 12. So mine weren't back to back. But my Dr. did tell me every time to make sure I had at least one full cycle before ttc again.

My boss just came to me today and asked if I wanted to go down to part time for a little while until I feel better. I really can't afford to do that but MAN does it sound nice. :-(

I never tried baby aspirin, but know plenty of people that did. And some that swear by it.

So, did they ever pinpoint why you were having the mc's? I am coming to terms with just having to accept it and understand that I may not ever find out the reason as to why....

The only reason I hesitate to do the baby aspirin is because I would have to come clean with my OB immediately after in case they need to continue a low dose of anti coagulant....I read you should only take it for the first two months and then continue on with something else....I suppose if that happens I can have him run some of my blood to check for a blood clotting disorder....interesting because I have two children....I wonder if something like that could just develop over time.

Money is evil...it would be so nice for you to be able to take him up on his offer....that's considerate he offered it up to you. I am in the same position...no way could I cut back. I wish you could.....would be absolutely perfect for you.

11 years ago

I never found out why. I didn't want to go through any testing. I did a lot of research and decided to try one last time. And if it didn't happen naturally, before the end of the year, I was not trying again. We were blessed. :-)

I don't know what advice to gove you about the baby aspirin. But I do hope you find out what's going on. And I'm sure when the time is right you will conceive again. xx

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo