Community post

Discussion

HCG levels...a little scared

View Full Post

I've had 4mc and they all started with a low HCG level. I'm currently 4w5d (I think) and had a blood draw yesterday. My hcg is at 87. I've looked at a ton of charts and I know that what matters most is that the numbers double in 24-72 hours....and I have another blood draw tomorrow....but I was wondering if any of you ladies have had low hcg early in pregnancy but continued on without any problems. I'm just scared...and praying for my little bean. Please share your success story!! I need some reassurance! Thank you!!!

416 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

101 - 110 of 416 Replies | Last Page

She said they aren't going to do any treatments, yet. When she goes back in 2 months they will discuss all her options, if any. I agree she needs to get a second opinion. Maybe I'll suggest that to her. Thank you...for listening.

11 years ago • Post starter

I didn't see your earlier response until now!!

To me, that sounds good that you're not puking brown. Sometimes that's what we see in the ER when someone comes in with a possible bowel obstruction. The way you describe it, it does sound super gaggy....are you able to drink like V-8 or pedialyte or something...gatorade? Good grief....always staying within sight of a toilet is terrible. Do your kids help you a little bit? Set the table and stuff?

Oh yeah. Phenergan can knock you OUT. It is good for you to rest though...even though I'm sure you have tons of stuff to do....and you didn't have to battle the nausea....which is relief...even if you had to be sleeping to avoid it.

Well....I mean...you ARE drinking...eating a bit. It doesn't sound as bad as it was when you went in last time...I don't think that you would be unreasonable to ask to stay out of the hospital.

Did you see the thing they carry at walgreens now? The gender test?? You could google it to check it out...sounds pretty accurate. There's also this test called Ramzi readings. Google THAT one!!

"â??Ramzi readingsâ?? are based on a 2007 research study by Dr. Saad Ramzi Ismael examining the relationship between placental location and fetal gender. His method of gender determination in the study has been dubbed the â??Ramzi Methodâ??. His research showed that 97.5% of females had a placental location on the left side of the uterus and 97.2% of males had a placental location on the right.

His study concluded that â??Ramziâ??s method is using placenta /chorionic villi location as a marker for fetal gender detection at 6 weeks gestation was found to be highly reliable. This method correctly predicts the fetus gender in 97.2% of males and 97.5% of females early in the first trimester.â??

AND did you ever try the baking soda test with your urine? Put about a tablespoon (of baking soda) in a cup/bowl, then put your urine on top of that and if it fizzes it's a boy, if not, it's a girl. You didn't find out with your boys??? THat's awesome....there's no way I could wait. My dh wants to know right away too.

11 years ago

Two months is a very long time. If she is able and her insurance will let her, she should go get a second opinion now. If it is cancer she would want to act quickly. I am always here to listen .

11 years ago

Amber has been seeing the same Dr. for years, I think that's why she trusts him. But I do think she should get a second opinion.

What exactly is Leep?

I am very familiar with the Ramzi method. :-) The only thing is, when they do the us vaginally, you have to know how they are holding the wand, anterior or posterior. That's the part I don't know. If they are holding it anterior, I'm having a boy. If it's posterior, I'm having a girl. lol

I haven't tried the baking soda test yet but I thought you had to wait until the 2nd trimester for some reason. They have those gender tests at Walgreen's, Rite Aid and even my local grocery store. But they're $50 and I don't know if I want to spend that for something that isn't 100%. lol I can wait a few weeks. :-)

" What Exactly Is a LEEP?
LEEP is an acronym used to describe "loop electrosurgical excision procedure," a procedure done to treat persistent low-grade dysplasia and high-grade cervical dyplasia. A LEEP uses an electrically charged wire loop to remove cervical tissue. It's done under local anesthesia and normally on an outpatient basis in hospitals or in the doctor's office.

During a LEEP procedure, a wire loop electrode with an electrical current is used to remove abnormal tissue from the cervix."

So, when someone has this done, they basically take this wand and it uses liquid nitrogen and freezes the parts of the cervix that have the bad cells (cancer, potential cancer). The woman will "slough" for aproximately 3 weeks where she will have a watery discharge. The more the better as this is the cells sloughing and regenerating. The theory is that new healthy tissue will grow back.

Well I thought with the Ramzi method the only thing you had to know is if it was vaginally or on top of the belly. If it's vaginally you have to "swap" the placenta placement. How do they hold a vaginal wand posterior or anterior? I'm confused now. There was a girl who "read" them online in a forum and she said all she needed to know was if it was vaginal or not. And she was accurate!!

Fifty dollars??? UGH. That is way too much money. blah. I read you have to be at least 10 weeks for the baking soda test...how far along are you now?

11 years ago

I've done a lot of research on the Ramzi method and talked to a few us techs who told me the theory is correct but only if you know how the tech is holding the wand for a vaginal us. Anterior is when the wand is behind the uterus pointing toward the belly, Anterior is in front of the uterus pointing toward the spine. Also, you only flip it if it's an abdominal us. In mine, looking at the pics the placenta is attached on the right side and it was a vaginal us. If it's an anterior view, it's actually my left side, which would mean boy. If it's posterior it's actually my right side, which would mean girl. In a vaginal us you are looking directly down into the belly so the view is flipped. That's why you flip the abdominal ones. :-) I totally trust the Ramzi method but you can only use an early us and you need to know the position of the wand. Once I knew that, I had already had the us and the tech had no way of remembering since it's not something they documented. Confusing, I know. But when I first heard of it I called everyone I knew that had a girl in the past or is currently pregnant with a girl and asked to see their early us's. :-)

And I said it backwards the first time. My last reply is correct. Anterior view of mine would mean boy, posterior would mean girl.

And the other factor that screws it up is that I have a tipped uterus. Around 5 months or so it will straighten out a little, or at least it did with my boys. But it went back after I had them. After my last mc, it never went all the way back down to size. Talk about strange.

I just realized I didn't answer you...I'm 10w4d.

Just spent the last 1/2 hour in the bathroom. Ugh.

I also wanted to add that I talked to my Dr. about the Ramzi method. He is a believer too but said it's important to know the position of the uterus, meaning, at what angle the picture is taken. Here are my us pics at 5w3d and 7w5d.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/thissami/image-3_zpsb18c07e6.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/thissami/image-3_zps31a1d3d4.jpg

Holy cats. I certainly did not think you could do that! I work at a cardiovascular facility where we have ultrasound girls.....they said you are absolutely right! To me, as a nurse, anterior means belly, like the front and posterior means the back, like your back! The ultrasound girls said the same thing that you did! They can actually "twist" the want to get either a posterior or anterior view...all of the heart stresses that I've seen I didn't realize they were getting posterior pictures. I'm so glad you explained that to me!! I'll have to remember to ask if I get to have an early US.

I've read in the forums a bit about girls with tipped uterus's. Sometimes a baby can hide in there and there will be nothing on an ultrasound....and then viola! Next ultrasound, there the baby is! Maybe that is a good thing your uterus didn't go back down...maybe that's what helped you this time :) (in addition to all of the awesome changes you made).

10w4d is great!!! Are you showing a little bit? My friend is on her third baby and is just shy of 8 weeks and she's showing LOTS :) She's a little person...her bump is super cute :)

11 years ago

I swear I confused my self when I reread what I wrote so I'm so glad you understood. lol :-)

I'm not really showing yet but I do have some bloat. It's actually pretty aggravating. I can't comfortably fit in any of my pants. I have to keep them unbuttoned because the pressure on my tummy makes me sick. :-(

Went to the Dr. this morning. I lost 2 more pounds. He said he wants to see me every week until I start gaining. Ugh. He told me not to change anything that I'm doing and that within the next couple weeks I should be past the throwing up part. He said I may still feel nauseous, but not like I do now. He said if I lose again, he's putting me on bed rest or back in the hospital. :-(

I was nervous so he let me listen to baby's heart beat. Strong as ever.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo