Community post

Discussion

HCG levels...a little scared

View Full Post

I've had 4mc and they all started with a low HCG level. I'm currently 4w5d (I think) and had a blood draw yesterday. My hcg is at 87. I've looked at a ton of charts and I know that what matters most is that the numbers double in 24-72 hours....and I have another blood draw tomorrow....but I was wondering if any of you ladies have had low hcg early in pregnancy but continued on without any problems. I'm just scared...and praying for my little bean. Please share your success story!! I need some reassurance! Thank you!!!

416 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

231 - 240 of 416 Replies | Last Page

Last beta was 839. This beta is 1620!!! I'm so happy!!! Doubling time of 49.51 hours!!! That lab ding ding wasn't here today and the girls got me results in two hours!!!

11 years ago

YAY!!!!!!!

I'll bet Dr. will want to do an u/s next week!!!

11 years ago • Post starter

My OB is out today and Monday.....I hope he just goes for the ultrasound instead of another lab. He did say no ultrasound until 2,500 or 3,000 so I'm probably looking at another draw..... I'm so happy....what a great feeling.

11 years ago

Either way, it's a good thing!!

You stopped taking the baby aspirin, right?

Noooooo. I read to continue taking the baby aspirin up until 36 weeks. I do plan on discussing it with the OB at the first appointment though. There was a woman on the WTE boards that stopped her baby aspirin around 11 weeks and ended up losing the baby....I know it might not be related but coupled with the things that I read on the fertility boards that those girls continue with it until approximately 36 weeks. I haven't gotten the progesterone back yet, so right now I'm taking the prenatal, baby aspirin, and progesterone 3x a day. Yikes.

11 years ago

I don't know much about the baby aspirin. I just thought that since they tell you not to take aspirin when you are pregnant, only Tylenol...that you should stop once you conceive. I have since read a few articles about how it helps women who are prone to clots and many have mc because of the clots so it's a good preventative. I guess it also helps improve blood flow to the uterus and quality of the lining. So I'm not as worried as I was. :-) I did read that you shouldn't take it past 8 weeks, but that was just one article. You probably know much more about it than I do. :-)

I'm so glad your numbers went up at such a good rate. I'll be sitting over here with my , spreading like wildfire and for !!!

I'm having lunch with my MIL tomorrow so wish me luck!

Today, I finally feel like I'm pregnant. I mean like I'm not waiting for something bad to happen. Is that awful? I was talking with my mom yesterday and I really wanted to say something, but I don't want her to worry. She has so many medical problems with blood pressure, etc. I don't want to tell her until I hear the heartbeat. My bestfriend is 13 weeks pregnant and hasn't really been too receptive about talking about my chemicals....when I told her about my baby aspirin and temping and the theory behind it she said "sounds like a lot of work." She asked me how it was going a week ago and all I said is that my beta's weren't quite doubling and she started to say "oh nooo" and I quickly changed the subject. The WTE board I was posting to became hostile....I don't post much there anymore. MY POINT IS : Thank you. Thank you for listening to me and for most of all being positive when I could barely be positive myself. I know I'm not out of the woods yet, but it's nice to celebrate with someone. My dh ***kind of***understands about the numbers and the fears of previous chemicals....but not to the depth that you do. Thank you for being a friend and listening....I don't usually open up to lots of people when things are scary or going wrong, so I value you lots Thanks Samantha. OH!! And I hope your MIL lets her defenses down....what a great thing that would be. You're awesome for inviting her to lunch. Nice move

11 years ago

Aw. You're the sweetest. And I love being here for you. You are there for me too, you know!! My husband is....well...a man. They really don't understand. They just love us so they try. It's nice to have someone to 'cry' to, laugh with, ask questions and share things with and not have to worry about judgment or ill feelings. So thank you, too!! Maybe because I've been where you are. Maybe because I am genuinely a nice person or maybe because I want someone to be there for me at times too so I'm trying to do unto others, you know? However you want to look at it, I want to be here for you. So, you're welcome.

How you doing, girly? I hope you had a good day. I had a good lunch with mother in law. My boys ended up going with us. After we ate we did a little window shopping. ;-). I didn't bring up the stuff that was bothering me but I made sure to say a few things that I thought might help if she was indeed feeling left out or something. She mentioned how nice it was to be able to spend some time together. I agreed. :-)

My belly popped a little over night! Shocked me a little! But the heart beat was lower again today. Makes me worry a little. Glad I see the Dr Tuesday!

Well I hope you're taking care of you. Forgive me, especially if you already told me, but what is your name? I feel like I know already so maybe my pregnant brain is failing me. Lol

Take care...and have a good rest of the weekend!

Yikes. My progesterone is 151.1. It's supposed to be between 10 and 40. My last one was 20.4. I'm glad I held off on the cream until the results came back. I've been reading about high progesterone on the internet and for some women it has indicated twins.

"I don't know what is considered high vs within normal range. I have identical twins, and my P4 was over 100 every time they measured it (post-bfp). However, I also did IVF, and they retrieved 16 mature ova, which means that's 16 corpora lutea that were producing progesterone. Even if all of them weren't producing high amounts, simply having that many CLs probably led to high P4. That is why high P4 is associated with multiples, at least in part: the more ova released, the more CL, likely higher P4, and more chance of multiples (obviously, with more ova released)."

I wonder how much of the oral progesterone is working....I read that you only get a small percentage....like 10% from it. My second thought is that, with my stalling beta's I wonder if we lost a twin. It would not stop the second corpus lutem cyst from producing progesterone if we lost a twin....but I have no bleeding and no cramping. I have read of women just absorbing it. If I end up with twins I'm going to write a blog on this.

I'm so glad your lunch went well. Sometimes it's good to just create good memories and start a new beginning. That's nice she was receptive to the whole thing....and sounded appreciative. (AND that you felt good enough to do all of that :)

How low was the heartbeat? I'm glad you're seeing him tomorrow...what time is that? Your dh can't go again, can he?

My dh won't let me do too much. I got to do half of the dishes and he made me go lay on the couch. He's very attentive. My name is Shannon. No worries. I think your name stuck because my best cousin's name is Samantha :)

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo