Community post

Discussion

HCG levels...a little scared

View Full Post

I've had 4mc and they all started with a low HCG level. I'm currently 4w5d (I think) and had a blood draw yesterday. My hcg is at 87. I've looked at a ton of charts and I know that what matters most is that the numbers double in 24-72 hours....and I have another blood draw tomorrow....but I was wondering if any of you ladies have had low hcg early in pregnancy but continued on without any problems. I'm just scared...and praying for my little bean. Please share your success story!! I need some reassurance! Thank you!!!

416 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

91 - 100 of 416 Replies | Last Page

I agree with you....I don't think that I would have any genetic testing....but down the road I would submit to the testing that looks for clotting.

I'm glad you tried one more time! What a great surprise and gift. Going through the cycles is way more difficult than I initally thought. It really gives me a much better perspective/understanding about couples trying to conceive.

I'm going to try the baby aspirin. I know it's not a conception issue. We can get pregnant....it just isn't sticking. I have to grab them today. Last day of AF was today.....this cycle I am not as gung ho....yet.

Hope you're feeling alright...

11 years ago

Here is what I did different while ttc this time around.

I stopped drinking alcohol all together. I cut WAY back on coffee. I used to be a 3-5 cup a day person and I cut it back to 1 cup a day. When I got my bfp I stopped all together. I started taking my prenatals a month before I got my bfp. I drank WAY more water during my ttc time than normal. I used Mucinex from the last day of my period until I O'd. I went to bed a little earlier. We dtd on cd's 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16(2X), 17, 19, 20. And girl, he's lucky to get it once a week, normally. :-) I tried bbt and opks but I was terrible about it so I gave up. I avoided the foods they tell you to avoid during pregnancy while I was ttc too. I didn't do any of these things before. Hubby even cut back on his workouts. He's a weight lifter and does it 6 days a week. He wasn't taking any supplements and he cut back on coffee and alcohol too. I started a pregnancy journal, hand written, and I swore to keep a positive attitude through it all...and I did. Every woman is different, and every pregnancy is different. But I truly believe keeping a positive attitude, and taking care of your body are the key points to a healthy pregnancy. I don't know why I mc those 3 times or the time back in 1994 but maybe God played a hand in it. Maybe THIS is the best time. Even though I've felt super crappy, I've kept my mind right, ya know? I've been very hopeful and positive. I write in my journal every day. I talk to my family every day about baby. I will not allow myself to thing negatively, even a little bit. I'm basking in my miracle. :-)

I truly hope that you find out what is going on or that you find a way to get your miracle too. I'm always here. :-) xo

11 years ago • Post starter

Your plan sounds very reasonable and very smart. The basics are so easily missed, and you really focused on the things you could change. I completely agree with the caffiene. When I was running during the summer, I had gotten into the habit of taking a 5 hour power before each morning run. After we decided to try for a baby, I had taken it (5 hour power) for about a week after that decision, tapering it off. I had a chemical that month. Then I decided to cut out all soda. I have always loved water and agree with you that it's important. Mucinex's secret is that it only works if you drink a TON of water. We tell that to patient's all the time. We tell them if you aren't a big water or juice drinker to not bother with the Mucinex. It won't work if you don't have tons of fluid in you. I shall pick some up today :) I think you are super right about getting enough sleep. Sleep is kinda magical like that When we were dtd every other day, it was a lot....but I think in order to catch that egg, every day is not unreasonable. That must have been hard for your husband to cut back the workouts....I know when you have a schedule for exercising and deviate it can be tough....that's great he was willing to do that. I like the idea of your journal....seeing everything online is fine....but there isn't anything like the handwritten journal to keep things in perspective. Staying calm is so beneficial...I know that first month, I was wayyyyy too wound up and worried. The second month I was pretty shocked we didn't have a sticky one....and now I'm a lot more relaxed and realizing that some things just take a little bit of time. You're a great person to vibe off of....you've learned lots and communicate really well. I'm glad you're here to help calm my brain...

11 years ago

Aw, thanks. I like talking to you too. It's funny. I was always a cool, calm, collective person until I had my second son. He's ADHD so my patience went out the window, quickly!! It's so hard not to let it take over sometimes. But he's now 11, no longer medicated and I'm much more calm, myself. I've always sort of been that person that my friends and family go to when they need a shoulder or a stern talking too. I swore I was going to be a psychologist when I grew up. ;-) I'm a really great listener...which is actually what my name means, "Samantha". Ironic really, because I talk...a LOT!! lol Anyway, sometimes all you need is someone else's prospective to get through things. You can't always see your way through when you're knee deep in it, if you know what I mean. You have a good head on your shoulders. You know what is right for you. You just need to keep your head above water (your emotions) and stay positive and focused. Everything happens for a reason...or so I believe. :-) xo

ADHD can teach you lots about patience and very quickly! That's awesome that he's doing better and off of the medications....you both must have learned a lot from each other. It's funny how my kids continually are teaching me things every day...I think we learn from them as much as they learn from us.

That's nice that you're there for your family...and that you can be honest with them. Sometimes people have a hard time hearing things at first, but usually end up trusting the person who is honest with them.

It's not too late to take some psych classes online....after you get settled in with your LO of course

My favorite cousin's name is Samantha....It's a nice mix when you have a good listener and talker :) Yeah....looking back at this past two months I see some things I would do differently. I think taking a million POAS a month might not be the best way to keep calm. Last month was better than the month before. I'm sure this month will be even better. I have a few classes left for my bachelor...I'm signing up for one at the end of February....might help distract me a bit.

OHHHH!! Did the Mucinex make you stuffy? I'm all stuffy after taking it last night.

11 years ago

I was stuffy before I started taking it. But the key is to drink a ton of water or the Mucinex won't work. So drink, drink, drink!

I work full time, 45 hours a week right now so I don't see myself taking any classes any time soon. By the time I get home and tend to the housework, dinner and kids, I have zero time left. I'll have to see how things go once the baby gets here before I decide to add to my workload. lol

Last night was rough. I threw up twice and the constipation is back, full force. I cried for 2 hours. :-( This really blows. I was able to get some relief around 2am after Milk of Magnesia and the suppository kicked in. But not much. Today hasn't been much better. I have a Dr. appt. Thursday. I'll see what he says then I guess. I don't know what else to do.

I hope you're having a good Tuesday. (other than the snot. lol)

Ya. I have a sore throat today, and tons of snot. I suppose the snot part is a good sign. BAH. Drink, drink, drink. I like water :)

Yeah....I decided to finish my bachelors online...I have five classes left. I start at the end of February...I'm hoping it will be a good distraction. If I need to stop, the classes are compacted into 8 weeks, so I would be able to.

I hate throwing up. I don't like being nauseated, but I will fight puking. Poor girl. Its not brown is it? They are sure it's not a bowel obstruction? OH!! Today is your appointment!! I wonder what he will say....You are a tough cookie to be working more than full time, taking care of dinner and the kids and being so sick.

I really hope your doctor has some ideas.

11 years ago

Morning!

Still puking this morning. It's not brown. I just puke up the last thing I ate. I don't even puke long enough to puke up stomach acids. I guess I just have a really bad gag reflex and I can't take the nausea sometimes. I don't think it's a bowel obstruction because I'm still able to 'go'. I do wish I could comfortable roam more than 10 feet from a toilet though.

Last night I took the Phenergan before dinner. I needed some relief from the nausea but I didn't want to get constipated again. I was in bed by 830!!! I even forgot to take my prenatals and my other vitamins because I crashed on the couch.

My Dr. appt. is actually tomorrow, not today. I don't know what he's going to say but I'm not going back into the hospital. I can't afford to miss work. I know that sounds terrible...I should put my health first. But I'm drinking fluids, I'm eating meals. And I don't puke all day. It's usually just in the morning. I'm just nauseated all day. Then when the constipation gets really bad, I'm in pain too. I really hope I get to enjoy this pregnancy at some point. I'm going to ask him how soon he can do a gender scan too. I didn't find out with my boys but I definitely want to know this time. I'd love to have a girl since it's been all boys...but I'll suffice with a healthy bean. :-)

I hope you start feeling better soon. I hate snot! I have seasonal allergies and hayfever so I'm snotty a lot. lol

My heart is so heavy today. I got a call yesterday from my 22 year old cousin, Amber. She was at the Dr. waiting for results of a biopsy she had 2 weeks ago. She was by herself because her mom couldn't get off work to go with her. She has had a couple miscarriages in the last 3 years and her last annual exam was not a good one. They said it was abnormal and they needed to do the biopsy. She has elevated cells but was still in the low range for cervical cancer. Well, now she's in the high range and the Dr. told her yesterday that she will likely never be able to carry a child because her uterus wasn't healthy enough. She is a step below cancer. They don't want to do treatments yet because she's so young but they want her to be seen every 2 months for a check up. She is devastated and my heart is absolutely aching for her. I don't know what to say to her because part of me feels guilty being 37 and pregnant. She was sobbing on the phone, yelling about her own mother who had 6 kids that she did a shotty job of raising and her sister who has 2 babies that she never sees because grandma is raising them. I hope you don't mind me sharing this with you...but Amber could use all the prayer she can get. :-(

I'm so sorry to hear of what Amber is going through. She is very young, hopefully in the long run that will be in her favor. I wonder if they had discussed a LEEP procedure with her, or if they meant that it had went inside of the uterus? There are some procedures that they can do for cervical cancer. They aren't going to do anything? I'm surprised that a doctor would say that to a young woman without being certain!! What does that mean "her uterus wasn't healthy enough." Does she have the cells in her uterus? Do you mean "treatments" like in radiation? She is family...of course your heart aches for her...and I know it is easy to say "don't feel guilty." You have been through your share of hard times, and have done some amazing things to get this far. Maybe she isn't at the end of her road yet concerning pregnancy. She is very young, and the things that you have told me are not definitive to me yet. There is also the matter of getting a second opinion regarding pregnancy for her. All doctors are different and have different knowledge and experience. Samantha, she was in shock on the phone....no one was with her and she had no time to absorb the information before reacting, so you got the raw emotion of the visit. It sounds like she needs a LEEP procedure.....did she say anything about that?Maybe you aren't getting the whole story.
***and absolutely I will keep Amber in my prayers****

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo