Community post

Discussion

HCG levels...a little scared

View Full Post

I've had 4mc and they all started with a low HCG level. I'm currently 4w5d (I think) and had a blood draw yesterday. My hcg is at 87. I've looked at a ton of charts and I know that what matters most is that the numbers double in 24-72 hours....and I have another blood draw tomorrow....but I was wondering if any of you ladies have had low hcg early in pregnancy but continued on without any problems. I'm just scared...and praying for my little bean. Please share your success story!! I need some reassurance! Thank you!!!

416 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

321 - 330 of 416 Replies | Last Page

There's a drug they can give you to speed it up if you really still want to do it naturally. The only reason I opted for the D&C at the time was to ease Barry's worry. The m/c after that I opted not to do a D&C because it was $14,000!!! After my insurance covered their share I only owed $1,200 but it was still a lot, to me.

Whatever you do, you should call them and reschedule the blood draw for a few days, at least, I think. I'm so sorry you are still going through all this. :-(

11 years ago • Post starter

Well~ Started brown spotting today with some cramps...I don't think I want that med, I heard it makes you have some wicked contractions. I think I'm in a good place now. I'll spend these few months getting healthy and having a relaxing summer :) I'm not temping, taking baby aspirin or asking for progesterone (unless it's truly too low). Just gonna let things happen and start running, using my juicer and be happy :)

How's you momma? Enough about me! When's your next appointment? How's the party planning going?

11 years ago

Is it bad if I say I'm glad things are getting started? I just hope you get through this quickly and in the least amount of pain possible. Do you have some good pain meds handy? I took Percocet and Darvocet (not at the same time) and they barely touched it. :-( Rest, girly, girl. XO

I'm ok. I had an u/s yesterday. The cyst is still there in baby's brain. He's doing another u/s in 4 weeks but said he really isn't that worried because they see these all the time and it doesn't really mean anything. That doesn't stop me from worrying much. :-(

He also said my amniotic fluid is higher than he'd like. He said the margin for 'normal' is 5-20 and mine is 22. He's not terribly concerned about that either but said he would keep an eye on it. Ugh, stress.

Then both my kids tried to kill me yesterday. Gabe didn't go directly to daycare because he had a detention that he failed to mention. It was for missing assignments....the kid is cruizing, let me tell you!! Then Caleb and his girlfriend both got a job at the same place an didn't tell the manager. I was worried they would both get fired so I went off about how they needed to be honest and since he got called first, if need be, she needed to find a different job. I was no one's friend in that conversation, let me tell you! lol Anyway, those two issues are resolved. Thank God. I went to bed at 830!!

The shower stuff is coming along. We wrapped the suckers already. They look cute. :-) I still have to make the labels for them though. I have to exchange my paper punch that I bought because it's too big. The store I got it at is good about returns but not close to home so who knows when I'll be able to get over there to do that!!

Barry finally got a call from Chrysler about the next step in the hiring process!! We're very excited but scared too. He won't have health Ins. for 8 months. I don't have it offered at my work. If we do Cobra it's going to cost about $150 a week or more and he'as already starting out at a little lower pay than what he currently makes. It's nerve wracking. And scary. If he gets hired he'll start in June. So I'll be uninsured from June until February, which means baby will too unless we do Cobra. I think we make too much to get government assistance, which I'm not too proud to ask for. I told Barry last night, if I wasn't pregnant, I'd be going to the store to buy a case of Corona!! I think this weekend will have to be a relaxing one.

Sorry to unload like that. Aren't you glad you asked??

Nope...not bad of you to say that at all....I'm a little relieved. I was worried that something else might be making it not start (missed ectopic). So at least I know my levels are going down. I have to get my blood drawn today. I didn't think to ask for any pain medication. I will call him if it gets to be too much.

I'm glad your OB isn't worried. I have come to realize that they have been doing this for a long long time and it's good to let someone else worry. (Easier said than done**look at my history ;)

What does high amniotic fluid mean? Do they measure that by ultrasound? Sounds like he's watching over you well.

I get way bent out of shape when the kids aren't exactly where I expect them to be. It's scary. Our Little Caleb stayed after school for a basketball game and **forgot*** to call us. We went and got him and he couldn't go to the rest of the game. Honest mistake, but we had to make sure he remembered next time. That's SO scary.

Sometimes teenagers don't think too much in the ways of "long term". Eventually the manager would have found out anyway. I think you set the course for the best action.

Chrysler would let him be home more? Even though he's starting a little lower, he should be making good money soon. The timing of everything IS scary though...esp. about insurance. $150 A WEEK? How in the heck do those people SLEEP at night? Crimeny!!! Ya....u guys prolly will be making too much to get gov. assistance. I think it has to be just under 20,000 or something.

UGH. Have you watched "fat, sick and nearly dead" on Netflix. We bought a juicer and are just completing day one of the juice fast. I think I have a romance with bad food. I love it....drinking vegetables and fruits all day is WAY harder than I thought.

11 years ago

Wow. I found out my hcg went from 17,000 to 11,000 today. Yesterday I had some belly pain and was spotting. Today I'm bleeding with clotting. I haven't cried a ton about this. Except today. Now that I'm bleeding I'm super mad and angry and don't really understand why this happened. (I do, but grrrr). So that's surprising all that is still there. When I talked to the OB I had some pain meds called in just in case. Only had bad belly pains last night. Nothing much today. ***knock on wood***
BLAH. I just knew you would get it. My dh says "you do not hate everything".....grrrrr.

11 years ago

I really hope now that things have gotten started that it goes a little quicker for you. Hot compresses will help too when you start to feel the pain.

Girl, you need to cry. It's a necessity in this whole process. Don't you dare feel bad about it either. One thing I had to keep telling myself (not that this works for everyone in a situation like this), is that God has a plan. Everything happens for a reason. I know there is no way that any explanation for why you have to endure this will suffice. All I could think about was how something must have been wrong with the baby or with my uterus or something. I didn't want to deprive a child of a perfect life. I didn't want to have a poor growing environment for that child. And I didn't want to get pregnant and find out that I couldn't carry to term for some reason. So somehow, I 'understood' why things didn't work out. Whatever the reason. And that didn't happen over night. That didn't happen until the month we decided to conceive one last time. For 3 years I was a different person, hurt, mad, confused. My heart just ached, all the time. I felt so cheated. It was so unfair. I didn't understand how God could do something like this to me. Or to my child(ren).

I honestly hope that you take the time to grieve, no matter how long it takes. And I hope you have a good support system at home, because you'll need them. I'm always here, but we hardly know one another. I mean, I'm just someone on the other side of the digital universe. But you can email, text or even call any time.

Just checking in...how are you feeling? I hope you were able to rest a lot this weekend. xoxo

I'm ok. Baby is starting to move a lot at times. It's frustrating when he doesn't move at home though. I want Barry to feel it.

I got some stuff for my shower done this weekend. I also got some much needed cleaning done. I bought a circle paper punch a month or so ago but it was too big so I finally took that back and got the right size. Since my theme is 'she's about to pop' there are a lot of circles to be cut. lol I have the cricut but I needed something to punch out things that have print on them. Like the little tags that say 'thanks for popping by'. I got a JCPenny coupon in the mail today for $10 off a $25 purchase so I'lll probably get the onesies there that I'm using for the onesie decorating table. We'll see. I have to compare prices. :-) In my searches I've been coming across some cute elephant stuff. I'll have to start saving it and passing it along to you. Were you able to get a guest list for the shower you're planning? What about a venue? Do you know where you're having it?

Barry went out with the guys Saturday night. He never goes out unless it's with me. He's funny that way. Anyway, it was much needed. He went to the tough man contest and then they went to the strip club. He's so funny. When he came home at 4am he was drunk as a skunk. Good thing he wasn't driving!! Surprisingly he was not hung over too much on Sunday. lol

Well I do hope you are ok. Lots of hugs coming your way!!!

Hey Lady! (((((Hugs))))) It's been a long long week. I haven't been on the computer and am just back to work today. I never expected that to be so painful and take so long!! I would take the DnC in a heartbeat in retrospect. Cramps from the Friday before to this past Saturday...on Vicodin for days. Just spotting now. I read about the girls who jump right back in...I just can't. The doc told us to wait for two cycles and dh is excited to start ttc...but I'm not there yet. Not even close. That was awful. I am asking to wait until November....and hope by then I won't be so gun shy. I feel bad because I feel that way...I iknow I don't have a ton of time...but I just can't. I hope that changes by fall.

AWE!!! You feel baby!!! How exciting :) When will your next ultrasound be?

You're getting so much stuff done for the shower!! I promised my friend that this week we would start working on hers....She did email a couple addresses and has a list at her house from her wedding. I'll have to stop by there and pick up the other addresses I'll need. I would love any links to elephant stuff. I have to start gathering things. She wants me to have it at her house so that it's closer for her family.

Sounds like Barry had fun! You guys have lots going on, it's probably nice for him to just get out for awhile.

11 years ago

Hey girly!! It's so good to hear from you. xo

I can't believe how long this is taking for you. I'm so sorry. Hopefully it won't be long now. You just started spotting and you're at work? Yikes!

I know you want to wait until November and by no means do I think that's a bad idea. I told you I think you need to take time to heal from this.

The baby shower stuff is coming along. Here's what the centerpieces will look like:
User Image

There will be 3 balloons coming out of the middle too but obviously I'll have to wait until the day of the party to fill them and add them. I'm also working on the 'pin the sperm on the egg' poster board. I hope no one with little kids will be offended. Maybe I should warn them. lol

Easter was nice. We went to my sisters one hour east for breakfast. Then we went home for a little while and let the boys get into their baskets. Then we went one hour west to my in laws for dinner. :-) It turned out to be a very nice day, a little chilly, but sunny and beautiful.

I cleaned my butt off this weekend. Holy cow. It took me 3 1/2 hours to clean out the garage. That was a mess. Barry didn't get the job at Chrysler. Not sure why but he's a little sad and baffled. I think he thinks he screwed up the assessment somehow or something. I'm trying to stay positive. At least now we don't have to worry about the insurance situation when baby gets here. He's been at his current job 13 years and makes good money. He just thought Chrysler might be a better pension. He's going to be 40 this year and it scares him. I feel bad for him. He might need to go out with the boys again this weekend. lol

It was so good to hear from you! Keep in touch girly. I'm always here!

No no. The last ultrasound was on March 15th and the bleeding didn't start until the 22nd....I'm just finishing up now with a little spotting. Today is my first day back to work, I've been off for a week.

YAY!! The centerpieces look great!! How many people are coming to yours...I mean how many centerpieces do you need? The kids won't exactly know what the game truly means.

That's a lot of traveling! You don't get car sick or anything? I always let the boys get up in the morning and "find" their baskets...but it's a llittle harder to hide them since the dogs will get into them....and really we don't hide Brandon's...he's 17.

Oh my gosh. Our garage is a disaster. I'm just waiting for it to get a little bit warmer to do that. I really have to get a spot organzied for all the garden stuff.

Awe....At least Barry has a good job where he is and wasn't counting on it as if he didn't have any job at all. I'm sure he won't go out again...maybe he'll just relax at home with you :)

My dh is going to coach our 11 year olds baseball team! YAY!! It will be a nice busy spring :)

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo