Community post

Discussion

HCG levels...a little scared

View Full Post

I've had 4mc and they all started with a low HCG level. I'm currently 4w5d (I think) and had a blood draw yesterday. My hcg is at 87. I've looked at a ton of charts and I know that what matters most is that the numbers double in 24-72 hours....and I have another blood draw tomorrow....but I was wondering if any of you ladies have had low hcg early in pregnancy but continued on without any problems. I'm just scared...and praying for my little bean. Please share your success story!! I need some reassurance! Thank you!!!

416 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

121 - 130 of 416 Replies | Last Page

YAY for doppler!! 158 is great!! What a good tool to ease the mind....I bet it was so awesome to hear that little heart beating away!!! What a good investment. I believe that would be something I will look into purchasing when the time comes.

Keep on with the Gatoraide momma. You be careful....rescheduling and such....You know your body best....Just tell me that you will call the doc if you feel like it's too much...I'm sure your dh is watching you too...poor thing. I really thought you would be done with that by now.

I am temping...so I should see a sharp rise when I ovulate...which I thought I would see this morning...but I didn't. They have been 97.5, 97.0, 97.3, then 96.9 today.....so I'm guessing not yet. I will say that I have been taking them after four hours of good sleep, but sometimes at 0400am (i don't know why I wake up then~ but I'm afraid if I don't take it then that it will be messed up at 0500) and sometimes at 0500. I even took one during the day to see what it was and it was like 97.5. (Wondered if my thermometer might be broken, but it's brand new~ so logically I know it's not). I have a high soft cervix, and EWCM....so hopefully soon I can see that temp jump. We have bd'ed every other day since AF left though (now I know that's probably useless in the beginning) and I have been taking my prenatals, baby aspirin and drinking water. Had to quit the Mucinex. Holy cow too pwerful for me with the cold. (Made my cold unbearable).

11 years ago

You're supposed to stop taking the Mucinex once you ovulate anyway so that's probably good. :-) FX for you!!

I will at least let my Dr. know how I'm feeling but I just can't keep taking a day off every week. Not when all he does is weigh me and look at me and tell me the same thing and then send me home. There's no blood work or anything involved. There are not tests. Maybe next week he'll do another US. I really hope so. I can't believe I'll be 12 weeks on Saturday. That just doesn't sound right. lol

11 years ago • Post starter

OHH good. I felt bad I just couldn't take it anymore (the Mucinex). Thanks for the crossies.

Ya...you can hear the heartbeat and you know when you need help...be careful momma!! Yay Gatoraide

WOW I can't believe it has been 12 weeks either....how fantastique!!!!! Congrats!!!!

11 years ago

Morning girls!

Ok. I'm not rescheduling the appointment. Late yesterday and last night were the worst yet. From late afternoon until dinner I was so nauseous I had to stop my car, twice, because I thought I was going to be sick. Right after I ate something at dinner time, which was part of a roast beef sandwich, I puked. I felt absolutely horrible the rest of the night. My hubby brought me some shaved ice with cola syrup in it but I threw up right after that too. The smell of he gatorade I was drinking was not going over well so I had to drink warm lemon water. I cried for about 3 hours straight. I even went on Facebook and pleaded with my friends and family to pray if they were the praying kind because this sickness is really taking a toll on me. Yeah, that low. When I got to work this morning I sent my bosses an email and tried to kindly explain that I didn't account for the morning sickness being so bad when I was planning this pregnancy and I was sorry for the inconvenience but I HAVE to go to this appointment. I need to find a way to deal with this because I can't just sit around puking and crying all day. I know I lost more weight and I really don't want my Dr. to suggest putting me back in the hospital. I don't think my insurance company will pay for at home IV, but I'm calling them this afternoon. I just don't know what else to do. I can't afford to not work but when I'm here and feeling like this...I'm worthless anyway. :-( Sorry to unload...I'm just mentally and physically exhausted and at the end of my rope.

First of all, I'm so so sorry It sounds like you are trying to do everything you can to get bits of food and drink...keep trying!! Every little bit helps....the warm lemon water sounds like a little bit of a solution for that night...smart move. I wouldn't have thought of that. Asking people for their prayers, and warm wishes and thoughts isn't low....it's good to reach out to people when you don't feel good. People sending prayers and warm wishes your way can only do you good!!! That's a brave thing you did. I think it's a good idea to keep your bosses in the loop...and it's a very good idea to know that you may need your doctor's help at this point. There are all types of home infusions. If your doctor orders it, your insurance may cover it....they do this for people with bad skin infections, cancer patients, etc., it really isn't a "wild" thought. It's a smart one He may even diagnose you with Hyperemesis Gravidarum...which your insurance may recognize and give you more options than just staying in the hospital. Maybe they can start you on a type of TPN (total parenteral nutrition) so that you can get some nutrients through the IV. I'm so sorry honey....I can't imagine how that feels to be sick every day for so long I hope the doc can find you some relief so you can be strong

Please please let me know how the doc appointment went! .* thinking of you*.

11 years ago

You are such a positive person. I love it. Thank you, for being my friend. xo

I'm doing so/so right now. I ate some soup...I think the broth was the part that helped the most. I've downed 1/2 of my 32 oz Gatorade for the 1st half of the day. I've been trying to drink 2-3 of them a day. I'm still nauseous to the point of feeling that lump in the throat feeling...like one wrong sniff is going to send me over the edge. But I haven't puked yet today.

I called and had to leave a message with the girl that handles the insurance stuff. I don't know why they haven't send me anything yet. They are supposed to be sending me a book and a packet with information on pregnancy. I'll have to inquire about that too.

My bosses are being a tad more understanding now. They said every few appointments they will dock me a 1/2 day. That way I have a little more time and don't have to stress so much about the length or frequency of appointments. My anxiety comes from the idea that all my sick days, vacation days, uh-oh days....they are all combined. I get 15 per year. I'll get 6 weeks for maternity leave but I like to take on a week or two if I have it so I'm trying really hard not to use that vacation time right now. It rolls over in May so we'll see what happens.

Thank you, again!!

You ate soup?!?! YAY!!! Well that's just an awesome feat in itself!! Thank goodness. Along with the Gatoraide, that's awesome! That's such a good description: "lump in the throat"....I am so happy that stayed down!!

Calling the insurance people puts you in the proactive role which is always a good thing. I was reading in the forums how some ladies get their breast pumps free from insurance! I was like whaaa? So I called and my hospital offers it as well. I have to purchase it and provide them with a receipt with my name on it and i will get reimbursed. AWESOME! Those things can be expensive. With my first two I didn't breast feed....I am going to try this time.

Thank goodness your boss's are going to work with you...it really isn't something you can help. And, not saying that you would, but pregnant working people have a lot of rights....they would be wise to work more with you than against you I don't have short term disability, but I still think I get FMLA.....I have zero vacation right now....yes yes try and save those vacation days to be with the LO.

I had a temp spike today (woke up with a hot flash to boot)! I'm pretty sure I ovulated yesterday then....hopefully the temps will continue to trend upward and I can see a BFP :)

We ain't doin' too bad right now lady!

11 years ago

I apologize in advance for the novel.

Well, last night was a rough one, once again. I threw up a lot after dinner but I guess I should've known better than to try to eat pork.

So here' something that happened yesterday that I didn't think much about until the end of the day. Early in the morning I was sitting on the couch and I sneezed. It came out of no where, no warning, nothing. It was really a hard sneeze and my whole abdomen tightened up. I was bent over a little and felt like if I sat up, my stomach muscles were just going to rip in half! It was very strange. So I just sat there for a few minutes. The rest of the day it felt a little weird and 'heavy' in my abdomen area but I didn't put it together. It sort of just felt like I had to pee really bad all day, even after I would go pee. Very tight and heavy. Then some time in the afternoon I started getting little cramps here and there in my abdomen, really low, like in my pelvic area and a little lower. Well I came home and told Barry, my dh what I was feeling. I like to tell him everything that is going on just so he's aware and can speak for me if I can't. Well after dinner when I was on the brink of a disaster in the bathroom I had something else weird happen. Normally when I hurl I have to sit on the floor, on my bottom and sort of lean toward the bowl. Otherwise I shake really bad. Well this time I was forced to get on my knees and then almost on my feet because it felt like it was coming from somewhere beyond my belly. I don't know how to explain it other than to say even sitting right next to the toilet, I missed. It was like projectile vomit. Sorry, TMI. I was freaked the hell out! I cried out for Barry and he came running in to hold my hair, asking a million times over if there was anything he could do. All I could do was cry. I got it all cleaned up and went straight to bed at about 8pm. When I laid down I decided to use the doppler because somewhere in the back of my mind I didn't think I could sleep without knowing baby was ok. Found the little shit right away and the heartbeat was in the 170's. I was happy but a little worried because that's a bit higher than it's been...and I felt guilty. After thinking back about the entire day and all the cramping and tightness in my abdomen I think it was just round ligament pain. But one exciting thing did happen. Monday when I listened to the heartbeat I had to put the doppler wand right at my pelvic bone and point it down. Baby was still that low. But last night...baby was above my pelvic bone! So in the midst of this 'round ligament pain'...baby and uterus are moving on up!!! It's amazing what can happen in two days.

I fell asleep shortly after that and was woken up by a breaking news alert on my phone that someone in our neighborhood was stabbed. Well my teenager had left not long before that to go for a walk. He's having some issues with his girlfriend and wanted to clear his head. I texted him immediately to make sure he was ok, and he was. But my heart was about to jump out of my chest! He made it home safe but I had one hell of a time falling back to sleep. It was almost 10pm the last time I looked at the clock. But I don't remember Barry coming into bed so I must have been sleeping pretty sound. I woke up 5 times thinking I was going to puke again, but didn't. But it made for a pretty ugly morning.

I had to throw some roast and veges in the crock pot for dinner because I can already tell I'm not going to feel like cooking when I get home. The smell of everything before it was even cooking was so nauseating. I had my oldest son take the crock pot out to the garage so it didn't permeate the entire house. I would have to spend the night at the neighbors. That smell sticks around for days!

Anyway...aren't you glad I gave you all the details of the last 24 hours of my life??? Sorry. My appointment is at 415pm today so if I don't get back on tonight to update you, I'll let you know what happens in the morning. At the very least, I hope he orders an ultrasound for next week some time.

Thanks for listening.

Yay!! You O'd!!! 2 week wait!!! 2 week wait!!!

I never realize how long my replies are until I go to post them....no worries I like this Barry guy He is always holding your hair and listening to you....good stuff. I really wouldn't have put all of that together either!!! There are so many twinges and little pains and aches....I would have freaked out with that kind of puking too!! It must feel so good to be able to just grab that doppler and have a listen I am becoming more and more invested in that idea. Baaaaby is moving!! Growing!! YAY....That little stinker. You will have so many stories to tell about your pregnancy to this little one.

I'm glad your boy texted you back right away and he was ok!! We have a sixteen year old and I tell him if I text or call and he doesn't answer right away, he can forget the phone altogether.

The crockpot DOES smell up the whole house. It's hard for my dh to keep out of it because of that...he knows he isn't supposed to open the lid. OMG!!! The garage is a GREAT idea!!!!

I like hearing about your life!! It's interesting and educational Please please keep me updated! I hope you have a good visit and he is full of ideas!!
for ultrasound

I think I am either 1dpo or 2dpo. I only have sore bbs....a few cramps here and there.

11 years ago

I feel another novel brewing. Sorry.

Still pukey. I notice its worse in the evening lately though. Dr. Said don't change any of my routines for now. Ugh. At least he's not putting me on an IV. I lost 1lb this week. But my blood pressure was better and baby's heart rate was good. He did a physical exam because of what I told him happened yesterday. My uterus is apparently measuring larger than it should. About 4 months after my 2009 mc I had to get a laporoscopy because of some bad cramping I was having. Dr. discovered I had Adenomyosis. Not bad, but it was likely the culprit. He put me on seasonique to try to stop my period and the production of the hormone that was likely causing the cysts to form. I was only on that for 2 months because of bad side effects. He also noticed that my uterus never went back down to normal after the mc. That could be what's going on now. I mc in August 2012. Maybe it never went back to normal or maybe the Adenomyosis flared up again. Other causes would be twins, endometrial cancer, or something else. Who knows. He ordered an ultrasound for February 1st. Now I will be puking, crying and freaking the eff out for 15 days! He first mentioned my dates but I know for a fact I'm not farther along than 11w5d. I really wish I didn't have to wait so long :-(

Ok. It wasn't as long as I thought.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo