Community post

Discussion

Thinking Positive Buddy Group

View Full Post

Hi ladies! A few of us who supported eachother in the tww leading up to Sept 5 wanted to continue the encouragement and support we felt at the end of Aug - beginning of Sept.

A few of us got a BFP (yay!) and a few of us are gearing up for POAS again (OPKs). Check in regularly so we can all celebrate the joys and support each other through the harder times.

Single Mom By Choice TTC Using Open ID Anonymous Donor Sperm User Image

343 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 343 Replies | Last Page

@BigV, wow! Congrats on your amazing BfP! At 8 Dpo, this got to Be something good if the eggo 's already producing this much Hcg...
I never dared to Test before my AF due date, but then again, I wasn't really feeling pregnant...

@Jenny Oh man, it sucks that your donor sold out :( However, the bank's got plenty of fish (pun intended) and there might even be a better one out there for the next cycle.

My temp took a nose dive this morning, I'm a little bummed out about it. Seems way to early for an implantation dip at 4 Dpo, so I'm wondering if there is a progesterone issue or whether this cycle is already over for me? :((

Sticky vibes for BigV and Baby dust for the rest of us!!

torontochick

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

Thanks, girls!

Jennybobenny -- I'm sorry that your donor has hit the road, but I agree with Torontochick: You're sure to find a better donor. Plus, you still have a good amount of time before your October cycle. My fingers are crossed for you!

Torontochick -- Don't worry about your temperature drop. We all know it's not over until your period comes knocking on your door. Keep the hope, girl!

The strange thing is that I usually test early, but it's just because I enjoy peeing on a stick so much! This time, however, when I woke up on 7dpo, I knew I was pregnant. I had a very sore throat and runny nose. It was like I came down with the flu, even though I hadn't been exposed to anyone that was sick. Plus, I started experiencing gas like never before. In previous months, I thought I was gassy, but it was nothing compared to this. At any given time, I could feel it rumbling around and I just felt that my abdomen was FULL of air! Totally gross, but that was another big sign.

It's still incredibly difficult for me to believe I got a BFP with mid-day urine at only 8dpo, so I'm excited and hopefully optimistic, but I'm also nervous.

I hope that mine is only the first of many, many BFPs on this forum in the coming months. :-) My joy will be complete when I hear of all of your BFPs! I'm sending all of you lots and lots of baby dust, and baby vibes (and donor vibes, too!).

GOOD LUCK to all of you!

12 years ago

congrats bigv! that's amazing! so jealous, and so happy for you!

i'm *still* waiting to ovulate. day 17 now! temps still low and opks definitely negative. annoying! maybe my body is waiting to release the best one! hah

User Image

12 years ago

Hey ladies! Just checking in, I am somewhere around a few DPO lol I'm not really sure because of my awful experience with OPK's. I'm guessing somewhere between 3-6 DPO. I kind of feel like I O'd earlier than I thought which is why I missed my surged so I'm leaning towards like 5DPO. Anyway, I had some really sharp cramps down there last night that woke me up! Lasted maybe 15 min., and then this morning when I was getting around reappeared for maybe 10 min. They were bad enough for me to stop what I was doing. Any ideas?

How are we doing with symptoms? I have been exhausted but had a busy week so that is to be expected....

BabyFruit Ticker

12 years ago

Oh I miss symptom spotting with you gals! I'm 3dpo right now but since had no IUI, there's no reason to symptom spot... however I am trying to keep my senses about me so I can see if last month (and next month) feels any different than this one. So far, I definitely have no symptoms like I had last month. We'll see as the days go on.

I ordered more swimmers yesterday from my new guy. He's got everything the other one did, except he's not open id. So basically if there's an identity crisis with my teenager, I won't be able to tell them that they just have to wait until their 18 and they can find their dad. I'm going to have to deal with it in a completely different way. I'm hoping to have found a partner by then anyway. Hopefully that will be the case and my child won't care one way or the other if they ever know their dad.

I'm excited for October now though. Really hoping it works this time!

12 years ago • Post starter

I am really on the fence with symptoms, because I am comparing with my previous pregnancy and the possible chemical in June... I am waiting for sore boobs to appear and lots of CM and spotting, but so far CM is not that much and boobs are only "faintly" sore. If I try to imagine very hard, they feel a bit fuller. On the other hand, I've had a faint cramping sensation since 1 DPO (seems way too early to feel anything) that's been lasting pretty much all day, but at times feels more intense. Two nights ago though, I woke up in the middle of the night with really bad abdominal cramps, but they seemed to high to have anything to do with TTC. However, it didn't seem food related (my DS and DBF did not have any). Last night I got up from lying down and I had a stabbing pain on the side near my ovary. So far, these are the only "symptoms" if they are any at all.
Mostly I am worried that my temps a relatively low and I would expect them to be higher if implantation has already happened. But then again, maybe it hasn't happened yet? I am confused.
I really, really wish that I get a BFP this month. If it didn't happen again, we will likely need to seek some fertility treatment and we've not actually budgeted for something like that.

@Jenny, I think it's good to take this cycle as a good comparison basis charting-wise and symptom-wise. Crossing my fingers for you for October! (would still be a summer baby! ;)

Hugs,
torontochick

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

torontochick - i don't think your temps are all that low. in comparison, last month was a BFN for me and i was always in the 97s. to be in the 98s is something, i think. stay positive! all you can do is wait.

afm - i *finally* got a + OPK yesterday (about 3 days later than i expected!) but today my temps were still low. i was up really late last night though, and woke up around 4 to use the washroom. since i take my temp at 6am every morning, i'm wondering if that had something to do with it (at 6, my temp was 97.09). when i went to bed last night, my temp was in the low 96s! i'm beginning to wonder about this thermometer!

anyway, if it doesn't go up tomorrow, i'll get worried. but for now i'm just going to assume that i'm going to ovulate today or tomorrow.

fingers crossed for everyone!

User Image

12 years ago

BigV I see you're still temping... don't make yourself crazy now! When do you go in to the dr? Still so excited for you! hugs!

TC I hear ya on the symptom spotting... on one hand it may not make a difference anyway because each cycle is different with each woman. A BFP cycle may not have any symptoms and a "useless cycle" (like the one I'm on with no BD or IUI) may be full of symptoms. However, I still can't believe the weird symptoms I had last month - things I've never ever ever experienced before. Still can't accept it was all in my head. Oh and I'm back to wearing my C cup bras this month where I had gone up to a D cup last month. hmmmmm.

Elizabeth - nice to see you O'd yesterday and looks like you had good BD timing! FX and babydust!

12 years ago • Post starter

Jenny, who knows... you may have had a chemical last cycle... I had a similar experience with my first cycle TTC this time... all the symptoms where there - including implantation spotting (or something, although a bit early at 4/5 DPO) and inflated boobs that even my DBF noticed. I was almost convinced we had hit the jackpot and then temps dropped and AF came.
In the following cycle I did not have the boobs but I had nausea, fatigue, dizziness and was hoping that "maybe this cycle is it, just the symptoms are different". During the last cycle, I kind of had a feeling the whole time that I wasn't preggers and symptoms - if any - where all wishful thinking I guess.
This time around I am still on the fence whether I should feel "out" or still be hopefull. Today my boobs felt a bit sore but then I looked at my notes and they must have felt this way in other cycles at 7 DPO too. Probably just the progesterone... I am off too bed soon (almost 11 pm over here) and I am praying that my temp will go up tomorrow, which would give me a little hope...

@Eliizabeth - I think you o'd yesterday or today. Your temp won't go up until after you o'd. Good luck, girl ;-)

@BigV, I guess Jenny is right, but when I was pregnant with DS I temped for a few more days after my positive blood test, I just couldn't believe it... :)

12 years ago

Just an update ladies...I am officially in my normal "pms" week with no pms symptoms...KNOCK ON WOOD! lol This makes me happy. Usually i get really anxious or emotional before my period and not so this week, I actually feel happy ha ha So far no real noticable symptoms but I am only about 4-7 DPO so I still feel like i'm a little early to symptom spot. I am always exhausted so I wouldn't know if that was from a symptom lol, I have noticed some changes in CM but I want to wait a few days and make sure they are still there and not in my head! I also have frequent urination that has really picked up in the last day or two...

good luck everyone!!

I am praying for this cycle to be one!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo