Community post

Discussion

Thinking Positive Buddy Group

View Full Post

Hi ladies! A few of us who supported eachother in the tww leading up to Sept 5 wanted to continue the encouragement and support we felt at the end of Aug - beginning of Sept.

A few of us got a BFP (yay!) and a few of us are gearing up for POAS again (OPKs). Check in regularly so we can all celebrate the joys and support each other through the harder times.

Single Mom By Choice TTC Using Open ID Anonymous Donor Sperm User Image

343 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

81 - 90 of 343 Replies | Last Page

I'm on CD32 and still no sign that I ovulated...or that it's coming anytime soon. I shouldn't be surprised, I've had messed up cycles since I started at age 13. I guess I just thought that since I got pregnant without help in July that it would be easier. As soon as we get settled in our new house (we move in Friday!) I'm going to see about getting in to see the doctor about clomid. Or something. I'm starting to get depressed.

Congratulations @Elizabeth!!! I'm very excited for you! :)

Good luck with the IVF, @torontochick! We'll be here with you, hoping and praying and cheering you on! :)

Wife to my soldier since May 2002, Mommy to Xander (June 2007) and Anastasia (July 2010)...miscarried in July 2011 but praying for a RAINBOW!

12 years ago

Hope you get some answers soon Dragonfly. Have you tested? BFN for sure?

TC I will start peeing on a stick in about 5 days and then sometime next week I'll be going in once I get my smiley face. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I don't want to go on the weekend. Paging doctors and all that jazz. Would be much simpler to go in during the week. Fingers crossed.

Would be special to go in on Friday the 21st... that's the 7th anniversary of my Dad's passing. He can sprinkle me some baby dust from Heaven. :) Also, my due date would be beginning of July and Dad's bday is July 3rd. wooooo. LOL

12 years ago • Post starter

Ladies I have an OPK question, I know they say to count 11 days after your period and start testing, does it matter how long your period was? I usually have a 4 day period and this time it was basically 7. Should I start OPK testing in 3-4 days?

Also, Good luck to everyone this cycle!

@jennybobenny, girl I am so rooting for you!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

12 years ago

Thanks TC!
I think they mean count 11 from day one (so basically on cd11) but of course it all depends on your usual O date.

My first IUI cycle I was told to start testing on cd13 because I usually O between 16 and 18... well, I had lots of ewcm so I took a test on cd12 and lo and behold I got a smiley face! Turns out I o'd on cd13! The nurse told me I was fortunate to have listened to my body or I would have missed it completely!

Last cycle (my 'useless' one) I o'd on cd15 so a little later than the last time, but still earlier than I had been for the last year!

I've decided I'm going to poas starting cd10 just to be sure. I have lots of internet cheapies as well as the digis for when the line starts getting darker as a back up.

I guess my suggestion (through all this rambling) is to a) listen to your body and watch for other signs just in case you may be Oing early like I did and b) start poas around cd11 if you normally have a cd14 o or 27-30 day cycle. You should catch the LH surge if you do... it'll be somewhere in there!

Keep me posted on how you're doing! We may be poas at around the same time! :)

Hey girls,

here's my update...

I had my egg retrieval on Wednesday. There were only four follies (sigh) and out of those they retrieved only three eggs, one of them did not look good. So the doctor recommended to switch to ICSI, which we did and yesterday we got the call that they had only one embie. I got it back this morning, so I guess that means I am a little bit pregnant for the next TWW.
My bloodtest at the clinic is in two weeks from now, 28 Oct, but that is a VERY long time for me with my LP usually being around 10-11 days only... I wonder if I can POAS before that or if my hormones will mess it up?

@Graysam, I agree with Jenny - for the OPKs it totally depends on your own individual cycle! I guess those "recommendations" always assume a schoolbook cycle of 28 days with O on day 14. However, most women do not have a schoolbook cycle. If you are not exactly sure when you're ovulating, I guess you may have to go through few more OPKs. I would do it exactly the same as Jenny - use the internet cheapies and once the line gets darker, use a digital to confirm...

Good luck peeing girls :-)))

It will be hard to symptom-spot for me this TWW - after all, I already got messy CM from the progesterone and I also have enlarged and tender boobs from the hormones. I decided not to temp, as I figures the chart would be useless and it would drive me even more insane. All I can hope for now is maybe some implantation spotting, but that's about it I guess.

Cross your fingers for my little bean, I am picturing her as a fighter girl... :-)

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

I just realized I answered Gray and addressed her as "TC" by accident. I must have had you on my brain subconsciously at that time (for good reason). I do get mini psychic moments like that from time to time. Forgive me. I do freak some of my family and friends out sometimes.

Gray - hugs... hope you didn't think I ignored you... I was talking to YOU with that diatribe about opks!!

TC - hugs... really praying for a sticky bean for you! You only need one embryo after all. Stick baby stick!

How's everyone else doing? I'm still waiting around until OPK time. The natural birth clinic that's opening brand new in my city is having an open house this sunday so I'm excited to take a look at where I (hopefully) will be having my baby! Woo hoo!

Well ladies I bought some OPK's and decided to start using them on CD 9. I don't really care if that is early, I am getting a positive OPK this time! lol If I run out, I will just get more!!

Thank you for all of the advice, I greatly appreciate it! I am trying to have a more relaxed better attitude this cycle.

BabyFruit Ticker

12 years ago

Wohoo, I found a way to get through the TWW without temping and symptom spotting... Found my answer on the POAS site:

>>>>Question 44. How long does it take synthetic hCG (trigger shot) to leave my body before I can test for pregnancy? Every woman's metabolism is different, but as a general rule of thumb, you should allow 1 day for every 1,000 units of hCG you injected. The standard hCG dose is 10,000 units; thus, 10 days after the shot, the synthetic hCG should be gone and you should be able to test for pregnancy without detecting the shot. However, you should ask your doctor what the recommended protocol for your dosage is.

Some women choose to test daily to monitor the presence of the hCG in their bodies; once the synthetic hCG is gone, the tests become negative. If the hCG "comes back" and the HPT's turn positive again, it's likely due to a pregnancy and not the leftover hormone shot.<<<<

So I got 10 Internet cheapies that claim to detect as little as 10 hcg units in the blood. I will start poas as soon as I get them in the mail, which I hope should be tomorrow. So they should initially come up positive and then turn negative and hopefully turn positive again.

That way, I will be prepared if I get my beta call at work...

Let's all have fun poas ;)

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

Yay for POAS TC! Yes, I've heard of "testing out your trigger". Kinda' wish I had a trigger to test out just to see the two lines on an HPT at least once! LOL (even if it's not necessarily true). Although... like you said you are technically "a little bit pregnant" since you have an embie inside you. So wonderful!

I'm POAS right now too but still no smiley face so I'm still waiting. My official guess is that I'll get the smiley face tomorrrow and go in for my IUI on Thursday. I'll keep you posted. :)

How's everyone else? xo

Still POAS and no smiley face yet but pretty sure I'm getting close. My two lines on the cheapies are getting darker so I know it's coming.

BabyFruit Ticker

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo