Community post

Discussion

Thinking Positive Buddy Group

View Full Post

Hi ladies! A few of us who supported eachother in the tww leading up to Sept 5 wanted to continue the encouragement and support we felt at the end of Aug - beginning of Sept.

A few of us got a BFP (yay!) and a few of us are gearing up for POAS again (OPKs). Check in regularly so we can all celebrate the joys and support each other through the harder times.

Single Mom By Choice TTC Using Open ID Anonymous Donor Sperm User Image

343 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

331 - 340 of 343 Replies | Last Page

Hi Stacy,

how are you? Did you have your biopsy? I had my u/s today at 8w2d there was no baby. I guess it must have stopped growing at 6w2d. I am devastated and heartbroken, don't know where to go from here. I am turning 43 next month and I think it is too late for me.

xo
Claudia

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Oh Claudia, I am so, so, so sorry. I wish I could say something to make you feel better, but of course I can't. You are in my prayers.

My biopsy is this afternoon. I thought it would be cancelled; we had a typhoon hit yesterday! But today is bright and sunny, so I guess it's still on. I'm nervous. Anyway..

Stacy

Wife to my soldier since May 2002, Mommy to Xander (June 2007) and Anastasia (July 2010)...miscarried in July 2011 but praying for a RAINBOW!

11 years ago

Hi Stacy,

How did the biopsy go? Any results yet?

I had my D&C this morning. The doctor was very nice and did another u/s just to be sure. The u/s, however, did confirm that the bean stopped growing at 6w+. Now I am more or less on bedrest for two days, however, I will get up at some point to bake and decorate DS' bday cake for his party on Saturday. I figure, I'll bake it later today and decorate tomorrow. It's also a good distraction.

The doctor said all went well according to the circumstances. The report says that my uterus had the size of 9w. There is still a big corpus luteum cyst. He said no one knows for sure when my cycle will return, probably 3 to 6 weeks, depending on how fast the hcg will go down. I guess I will start poasing at some point to see how the line is fading.

I called my RE's office, they said that I could theoretically start another cycle by September, maybe as early as August. I already ordered a ton of supps spending a small fortune. I know that there is no guarantee for them to work, but my eggs are old and every little bit helps. Ordering the supps and going back on them also gives me the feeling of "I am doing something and I am taking control". So, I will wait until the bleeding stops and than start my big supps regimen again. Two to three months will also be a good time frame for them to work.

DBF is willing to give it one more shot. Turns out we are both not quite ready to go down the DE route - besides, there is not so much a clock on that one as it is on my own eggs. The thing for me is, DS is from a previous relationship and if I go the DE route, he will not have a biological (half)-sibling, which is important to me. I guess, DBF would also prefer that it is my and his biological child, although he does not have any children of his own.

Keep me posted!!

Babydust,
Claudia

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Oh Claudia, once again I say I'm so sorry. But you sound like you have a good attitude about the future, which is good. I hope your body gets back to "normal" soon.

The biopsy was painful; two days later I'm still hurting (not as bad now, though). No results yet, but the doc said she wasn't expecting to find anything bad, she was just checking to make sure. Anyway, I have clomid, so as long as she doesn't call with badness I'll be trying again in a few weeks. Somehow I'm starting to feel a little more confident. Especially because I think I ovulated without meds a few days ago; which means I won't have to take provera (the crazy-making drug!) to start a cycle. I hope.

Rest up, Claudia. Take care of yourself!

Stacy

Wife to my soldier since May 2002, Mommy to Xander (June 2007) and Anastasia (July 2010)...miscarried in July 2011 but praying for a RAINBOW!

11 years ago

So today is CD 1. I take clomid (100mg) CD 5-9 ... and then I hope and pray. I don't think I can handle another round of provera. It turns me into someone I don't like very much.

That's all for now. Been thinking of you Claudia. And you too, Jenny! How are you two?

Stacy

11 years ago

Hi Stacy,

So glad to hear that you started your next clomid cycle. So, does that mean that your biopsy did not yield any results? I hope that this is going to be your cycle!!!

There is nothing to report about me. The bleeding stopped after 10 days, but I am still spotting. My hpt was still very positive this morning (though lighter than last week), which means my hcg must still be way above 5. So that means no ovulation and no af for me :( I think I should schedule some kind of check up with my OB gyn to see if everything healed properly and to get some bloodwork for my hcg. She said to come back after 6 weeks or so, but I think that is way too long. I'd rather no a bit earlier whether I am ok or not.

I am anxious about another round of IVF - I want to start so badly, but I am also so scared that we will fail again. I will be 43 on July 22 and I have basically every statistic working against me. At 43 you have almost better chances to win the lottery than to get pregnant. :(

Hope this cycle works for you!!

Hugs,
Claudia

11 years ago

Claudia,

So, I'm on day 2 of Clomid...and I'm sick. I have a cough deep in my chest and I have a fever that comes and goes...I'm really hoping I'm better by the time we have to start BD! It's awful, I'm completely exhausted by the simplest tasks (folding/putting away three blankets, changing the sheets on Anna's crib, etc). I need sleep, but of course it's a weekday so Jeff is at work and I'm home with the kids. And Anna's sick too...ugh.

Sorry to complain. I get a bit...whiny..when I'm sick. Forgive me! :)

Thinking of you. Hope the weeks 'til you see the doc pass quickly!

Stacy

11 years ago

Hi Stacy...

Hey, so strange... here we are thousands of miles away from each other - but both sick with the flue... I came down with a nasty cold last Wednesday and have sinusitis since Thursday. I was at home sick on Thu and Fri and should have stayed home today as well but had to go in to the office as my other two colleagues are at an outside customer event. I feel miserable, but at least I do not have to worry about b'ding yet. I poas'd yesterday morning and there was still a line. Faint, but definitely still a line. So, there is still too much HCG in my system for my body to get ready to ovulate... sigh. I am also still spotting a bit and wonder if this is normal. I bleed for 10 days and now I have been spotting for 10 days. Seems definitely long to me.

Get better soon!!

xo

11 years ago

Claudia,

Are you feeling any better? I mostly got over the flu, although I'm still getting lots of sinus headaches. Ugh.

The good news: I think I'm going to ovulate any time. I'm not using OPKs, (I've NEVER gotten a positive, even when I've clearly ovulated..) but all the symptoms are good. Here's hoping!!

Stacy

11 years ago

Hi anyone!!

These boards don't seem so busy these days....

Lia xxx

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo