Community post

Discussion

Thinking Positive Buddy Group

View Full Post

Hi ladies! A few of us who supported eachother in the tww leading up to Sept 5 wanted to continue the encouragement and support we felt at the end of Aug - beginning of Sept.

A few of us got a BFP (yay!) and a few of us are gearing up for POAS again (OPKs). Check in regularly so we can all celebrate the joys and support each other through the harder times.

Single Mom By Choice TTC Using Open ID Anonymous Donor Sperm User Image

343 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

71 - 80 of 343 Replies | Last Page

Oh..and Okinawa is great! It is so green here, and there are the coolest trees. But it is super hot, mid 80s and 95-100% humidity every day. Going for a walk is like going for a swim!!

Wife to my soldier since May 2002, Mommy to Xander (June 2007) and Anastasia (July 2010)...miscarried in July 2011 but praying for a RAINBOW!

12 years ago

Well AF showed up right on time today. I really really appreciate everyone's support on here. This is very frustrating as my body and symptoms are out of control lol Every month is different!! Apparently symptom spotting is useless for me. I am going to take a few days to re-group and then check in again a little bit before "o" time.

Trying to look on the positive side, at least my period is regular after only 1 cycle off the pill!

BabyFruit Ticker

12 years ago

well i'm 9/10 days post-o (depending on if you believe this site or fertilityfriend). i have been *crazy* gassy the last couple of days, and have been having some very mild cramps on and off (but i had that last month too so who knows).

this morning between alarms i had one of those super vivid dreams where you're dreaming you wake up and start getting ready. does anyone else have those? anyway, in my dream, i poas and it immediately came up *super* positive. i did it right away again and again it was positive. when my alarm went off again to wake me up, i took it as a sign. hah.

anyway, i'm not sure what to think. the image is here:
http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=6840

on the one hand, it's pretty early to be testing and these are cheapo internet strips. but on the other hand, it really does look like there's a hint of a second line in person!

i'm going to hold off getting too excited and test again saturday. last time this happened to me, the line went away... i'm nervous that i'm just seeing things this round.

User Image

12 years ago

Gray - sorry AF got you! xo

Elizabeth I could totally see that second line as soon as the picture appeared! Did you test again? FX for you!!! I really hope this is it! eeeeee!!

Dragonfly, glad you're settling in. Don't stress about this cycle. Hoping it worked and you probably did O while you were travelling btw but remember that spermies live for a few days so don't stress if you didn't bd the exact day you O'd. fx for you!

AFM: well second cycle in a row now that I've had a 15 day lp. hmmmm. big temp drop today so af is def coming (crampy now too). Not sure what to think about my lp lengthening lately. Oh well. I just have to focus now on finding my O date in 2 weeks and getting this SUCCESSFUL iui done!

It's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada! Happy Day to all my fellow Canadians out there! xo

12 years ago • Post starter

well it looks like i wasn't seeing things yesterday:

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=6887

frer is *definitely* positive. came up in just over a minute. the internet strip still comes up with a second line, but it took the full five minutes and it's *way* lighter than the frer. and this was with the same sample! so crazy.

EEEE! soo excited! and in a little bit of shock! hah. i've got all my fingers and toes and eyes crossed that it sticks this time and the lines gets stronger. i won't call the doctor until maybe next week (thanksgiving this weekend here).

jenny - i think lp lengthing is good, isn't it? what is dramatically shorter before? have you been taking anything these last two months? too bad about this one, but i've got my fingers crossed for you (for everyone!)

gray - sorry to hear about af! it is really reassuring to know you're regular so quickly after taking the pill though. i know it can take some women months to get back in the swing of things. now you have all those months to be baby making! hah.

dragonfly - are you feeling better today? any updates? jenny's right - hopefully you got some bding in before travel and one of those little guys made it through. don't count yourself out till you see af.

User Image

12 years ago

Elizabeth!!!! YAY!!!! What fantastic news!!!! It's so nice to see a positive -- and a clear one, at that! Congratulations, Love! :-)

Jenny -- a longer LP is fantastic. It's so much better to have a long LP than a short one! Hopefully this is just the beginning of a month of good news for you, too.

12 years ago

First - yay Elizabeth! So happy to see that confirmed BFP! woo hooo!

Thanks to you and BigV for the encouragement about my 15d lp. For the last 16 cycles my average has been 14 with most of them being 14 or 13... one or two being 12. Then my cycle in Aug was 15 (almost 16 actually AF came later at night on 16dpo) and this one was 15 (AF came early on 16dpo). So it's not a drastic change really - only one or two days longer than before. Makes me wonder if maybe I was interpreting the OPKs wrong up until now since I was only using internet cheapies and now I'm using digitals as well.

It stresses me out frankly because timing is sooooo crucial with donor insemination. Frozen sperm only live for about 24 hours or so once thawed and inserted. Still, can't do anything but what I'm doing right? It's essentially out of my hands after I get the smiley face and make the call to go in. After that, God does the work. :)

Anyone a scary movie fan? I'm in the mood to watch some lately... any suggestions? I prefer creepy to gory.

Happy weekend! xo

Oh and to answer your question... not on anything at all, except for the last 3 months I haven't missed a single day of my prenatal. Maybe that has something do with it? maybe not. Who knows?

jenny - i found 'suspiria' super creepy. it's an older dario argento movie... scariest soundtrack! my DH had the cd and would put it on to freak me out. hah

for newer movies, i've heard 'insidious' is supposed to be scary, but i haven't seen it.

bigv - have you made an account on countdown my pregnancy? i just realized it existed yesterday - good timing!

User Image

12 years ago

Hi ladies,

sorry, I've been so quiet, but we were so busy with family visiting and us getting all the appt's for the IVF...

@Elizabeth: Oh man, I missed your BFP news!! Congratulations girl. I think we got pretty good baby dust vibes in our group... I am positive that we'll have more BFPs coming up soon...

@graysam So sorry about the witch showing up :(((( It sucks, especially when you have serious "symptoms". Next cycle is yours, hon!!

@BigV... You started your official pregnancy countdown - congrats!!! I guess you will wait for the 3-month mark before you tell your employer?

@Jenny... When is your next IUI attempt?

As for me... I now have four big follies (wish it would have been more, but the RE says that I my age, I can be happy about 4) and the egg retrieval is planned for Wednesday. I just did my HCG trigger shot and in about 33 hours, I will be in the RE's OR...

If eggs are retrieved and any can be fertilised, the egg transfer will be on Friday morning, which will then be the worst TWW ever for me, I guess...

Cross your fingers, I am super-super nervous now!!

Babydust :))

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo