Community post

Discussion

Thinking Positive Buddy Group

View Full Post

Hi ladies! A few of us who supported eachother in the tww leading up to Sept 5 wanted to continue the encouragement and support we felt at the end of Aug - beginning of Sept.

A few of us got a BFP (yay!) and a few of us are gearing up for POAS again (OPKs). Check in regularly so we can all celebrate the joys and support each other through the harder times.

Single Mom By Choice TTC Using Open ID Anonymous Donor Sperm User Image

343 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

91 - 100 of 343 Replies | Last Page

@Jenny... Started testing late last night. Now it may be because it wasn't FMU, but the test was pristine - seems like the trigger's already gone. Tested again this morning with basically 2nd FMU (had to get up at 4am) with the same result. Honestly, like you said, I wish I had seen two lines just for the heck of it ;)
The strips are Internet cheapies an claim to test from 10 units of HCG, so they should be pretty sensitive. Effectively, today I'm 7DPO if you count the retrieval day as O-day. If anything, the embie may just have implanted. I am quite a bit anxious now, but I know I shouldn't see a line for another 3 to 5 days...

@Gray Hope you're busy BDing girl... Remember, the fertile window is six days, five days before O and O-day itself. The closer you get BDing to O, the higher your success rate, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't give the swimmers a head start ;)

FX!!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

Woo hoo Got my smiley face today! So I'm going in tomorrow for my second IUI attempt! FX!!!

Gray - did you get your smiley face for sure? Hope you got lots of BD in and caught that egg! Baby dust!

TC how you doing? It must be torture waiting. Have you been poas?

Where's everyone else? Hope you're all well! LOVE!

12 years ago • Post starter

@Jenny - I am so excited for you!!! Crossing my fingers for tomorrow, how wonderful!

@Gray - how are things with the OPKs??

Well, I am pretty sure the trigger is out of my system... I tested three times already and although I had strips which claimed to be really sensitive (10mIU/mL), I got clean tests on all three days. This means, I guess, the trigger is gone.

I could now essentially start testing for some "real" Hcg... ;-) I think I will hold off a couple more days. On Sunday, I would be 11dpo if this was a "normal" cycle. I got my BFP with DS at 11dpo...

The thing is - I feel really pregnant, but I also know that the drugs are fooling me... if I didn't know I would think I am preggers for sure... My boobs a huge and sore, I already switched bras... Can't say anything about CM as I am on progesterone suppositories... Today I felt a bit crampy, just slightly and nauseous in the afternoon... Who knows... maybe I got lucky after all...

Chat soon and good luck Jenny!!!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

I am basically 10dpo today (10 days past ER) and felt brave to poas this morning ... Okay, I know this is early, but I also had some spotting this morning and realized, that I would start my AF spotting on this day, too if this was a "regular" ttc cycle. So I am not that hopeful that we were successful

12 years ago

I am pulling for you Torontochick!!

@jennybobenny, so how did the IUI go?? I would just love it if we got our BFP's together!!!

So here is an update on me! OPK's suck for me! lol This month I bought Answer brand, with a count of 7. I started on cycle day 10, I know that is a little early but I really had some signs...every test but my last one only had one line. The last test had two lines but wasn't positive still. I wish I would of bought First Response like last month. Although the entire week I took them my cervix was SHOW for like 3-4 days, I actually had a ton of CM and mild cramps. I feel like I know I ovulated. I just don't know when. Story of my life, so here is another month without knowing how many DPO I am. Right now I am guessing 2 DPO. If it doesn't happen for me next month I am definitely buying the cheapies on the internet so I have OPK's for the whole month.

On a side note, My husband told me this morning he had a dream I was pregnant! lol So here is hoping....

BabyFruit Ticker

12 years ago

Oh TC I really hope you're not out this month! Still crossing fingers for you! HUGS! xo

Gray, that must be frustrating with the OPK's. I was frustrated with them because I kept getting light lines and big empty circes in the digies with no smiley face.... until yesterday! It seriously changed on a dime this month. Super faint, super faint, super faint and then BAM! Hello! Super dark!

My IUI went okay. I have a good feeling. I'm more relaxed this time around for sure. I sure have a stubborn cervix though because both last time and this time (with 2 different nurses) it was tough getting the cathetar thread through the opening of my cervix! It's not painful or anything though, so that's good.

I had a bit of a scare after I paid for it... I'm supposed to be able to quote my donor number correctly or they won't inseminate. I said "xx18" and the nurse looked at me sideways. "why? isn't that right? what's going on?" She doesn't say anything. "Oh, you know what? Does it say 'xx64'?" She says yes. "well, he was the last guy... sold out so I had to pick a new one... new one is xx18" She looks again and sees that I'm right. Phew! Just about had a heart attack!!!

Gray - hoping this month is the one for you, but (just in case it's not) might I suggest charting your temperatures? It's really the best way for knowing your O date. You can't predict when you are about to O by temping but you get a real temperature rise the day after you O so at least you will be able to count properly in the tww. Let me know if you have any questions aobut it.

xo J

I have seriously considered temping but with my schedule, my sleep is always interrupted as I wake up early to put my kids on the bus. I go to bed late because I always wait up for my husband who works second shift and doesn't get home until midnight.I tried temping for a few weeks when we first started TTC and it was all over the place. But that was also my first month off the pill so that could of been why too. I probably will try to temp again if this isn't my cycle but hopefully it is!!

I was also wondering how long do you ladies suggest waiting before I visit the doctor? This is my 3rd cycle trying, and my period has been regular ever since I stopped BC pills. I know they say wait a year but it would be nice to know I was actually ovulating or something!

So here I am again, not sure how many DPO. I have been crampy for several days. Yesterday I had several episodes of sharp shooting pain in my lower left side. it was noticable enough to make me stop what I was doing!

Based on my CM, I think I am about 4-6 DPO.

BabyFruit Ticker

12 years ago

I've been reading your posts, and hoping and praying for all of you. But this is the "thinking positive" group and I'm just not feeling all that positive..so I couldn't bring myself to post.

I'm on CD 47. My temps are erratic. I take them every day at exactly 5am, but they range from 96.5 to 98.2...and everything in between. I know I can have children, because I have two and have had at least one miscarriage, but I feel like my body is betraying me. Again. It took three years of trying before I got pregnant with my first, and I know I can't go through that again. I'm 33, and my husband is 42. I know he doesn't want to have a newborn when he's 45 or 46.

So...I'm still around, but I probably won't be posting much until I can see a doctor about getting Clomid. I am very hopeful for all of you, I can't wait to read about the BFPs coming soon!! :)

Wife to my soldier since May 2002, Mommy to Xander (June 2007) and Anastasia (July 2010)...miscarried in July 2011 but praying for a RAINBOW!

12 years ago

Oh Draganfly it's good to see you back! Don't worry if you're not feeling positive right now! We love you anyway and are rooting for you just as hard!

TC I'm sorry AF caught you today! It's my bday today and I was really hoping it would bring good luck to all my ttc friends! Boo for AF! FX for next time!

Gray, how you feeling? Any symptoms? I've got that backache/hipache thing again (didn't have it last month). And I had about 6 really vivid, really weird dreams last night! Oh and I woke up this morning with a very stuffy nose. Fine now though. Other than that, for the most part I feel normal. The back and hip thing really bothers me though. Last time it did this I had to take tylenol it got so bad for a couple of days. I'm hoping to avoid that this time around.

I'll check in tomorrow! xo

Hi girls,

yes... I have been quiet... My IVF was a bust. We got a BFN :(
I knew it was AF when I started spotting and I also didn't get a BFP when I poas...
It very much sucks, but we have to take a one-month break and will try again in November. I estimate that I should start stims around Nov 21...
So, I decided that I will not go on BCP for a month and just trust that my cycle will not be screwed up. I will CBM and temp and who knows... there is always that very slim chance.

@gray - oh that is terrible with such a long cycle... will it ever end? You should really try VITEX!!

@jenny - how did the IUI go? Everything ok?

xo
TC

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo