Community post

Discussion

Thinking Positive Buddy Group

View Full Post

Hi ladies! A few of us who supported eachother in the tww leading up to Sept 5 wanted to continue the encouragement and support we felt at the end of Aug - beginning of Sept.

A few of us got a BFP (yay!) and a few of us are gearing up for POAS again (OPKs). Check in regularly so we can all celebrate the joys and support each other through the harder times.

Single Mom By Choice TTC Using Open ID Anonymous Donor Sperm User Image

343 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

151 - 160 of 343 Replies | Last Page

Ladies, just an update!!! My baby is beautiful and healthy!! lol Second ultrasound, the tech found the baby right away and I got to see the heartbeat and arms and legs! It was even moving a little. I am amazed at what you can see so early!! Here is the link to my countdown to baby site:
http://www.countdownmypregnancy.com/my-pregnancy/?u=4103

I put my ultrasound picture up so you all can see it!

As far as OPK advice, I have known. I hated them, they never seemed to give me a positive!!

Good luck ladies!! I am still checking all the time and I am thinking of you all!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

12 years ago

gray, that is WONDERFUL!!

jenny, i understand about trying not to obsess. I'm not expecting anything at all this cycle, so I'm going to concentrate on enjoying the holidays with my family. Last year my husband was in Afghanistan (Anna's first Christmas!) so I'm planning to enjoy every second we're all together this year. :)

That's kind of what I was thinking about the OPKs, take them earlier in the day (morning) to try to catch the surge. Early afternoon obviously isn't right for me, since I took them every day but never got a positive!

Hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving. I did! :)

Wife to my soldier since May 2002, Mommy to Xander (June 2007) and Anastasia (July 2010)...miscarried in July 2011 but praying for a RAINBOW!

12 years ago

hey guys!
well, i'm back. i'm bummed i'm not pregnant, but i'm excited to be back to trying. similarly, i'm bummed for anyone still here, but glad to have a familiar set of people to chat with.
af came today, so we've got the all clear to start trying again this cycle. it's felt like *forever*, even though it hasn't really been that long. unfortunately, i might miss the critical days this month since i'm leaving for christmas a few days earlier than my fiance, but we'll just have to see how it goes and not stress too much.
i'm playing it as safe as possible this round. my doc said that it's really unlikely that the miscarriage was due to anything i did, but she did suggest that there was no harm in being extra careful (unless, of course, it stressed me out more.. hah). so i've got rid of all my acne meds that some docs don't recommend, have cut out caffeine entirely (no tea, either), have been working out a couple times a week (big improvement for me), and am just generally trying to be a healthier person.
fingers crossed for all of us!

User Image

12 years ago

I know what you mean, elizabeth. Sad to have to try *again*..but it's nice to have people in the same boat to chat with and share encouragements with. And it's good to try to be healthier. Good for you for cutting out caffeine. I wish I could do this, but I just can't. I have chronic migraines, and since I can't take meds while I'm trying to get pregnant I've got to have a soda every day. If I don't my migraines are unbearable!

Still waiting to ovulate. Honestly I don't expect it for a month or more, but I take my temperature every morning...and in a few days I'll start hoping. Silly me.

And on top of trying to have a baby there is just so much going on! Trying to get our house organized (even though some of our stuff is still missing, on a ship somewhere...) so I can get the tree up, and so we have a place to put our new couches (lovely reclining sofa and reclining loveseat coming this week!!!), plus Christmas shopping...ah well. Just have to go one day at a time, right? :)

Wife to my soldier since May 2002, Mommy to Xander (June 2007) and Anastasia (July 2010)...miscarried in July 2011 but praying for a RAINBOW!

12 years ago

Hey girls,
I've been quiet because I was just too anxious about this second IVF attempt and couldn't really report much until today anyway. I've been injecting and supplementing and praying for the past week and today I had my first US, which showed 7 follies! I know, it's not that much but considering the first cycle with only 4 follies and the realization that it's high noon for me as I'm already a low reponder due to my age, this is a vast improvement. The last time, we had only one follie for transfer, this time I am now hoping for at least two (good ones of course!!!!!) :)

@Jenny... Hope this is your last TWW!!! Fx

@Elizabeth... you got to see the positive: Maybe it'snot so bad that not to have a chance for a BFP before Xmas... This means you can. At least have wine over the Holidays (at least, this is what I'm telling myself in case I get a BFN...)

@Dragonfly... Hope AF has left the building. Have you found a doc to prescribe you chlomid?

@grey Congrats on the bean with a heartbeat!!!! Yay!

Fx to all of us!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

jenny, I'm such a stalker...your chart looks so good! I'm hoping hoping hoping for you!!!!

12 years ago

Gray - yay for your healthy bean! So happy to hear the news!

Elizabeth - don't want to say I'm happy to see you back, but it's nice to see you anyway regardless of the circumstances. ((hugs)) Let's just hope it's a short stay for all of us! I'd like this forum to move to the pg boards in early 2012!

TC - yay for follies! My fingers are crossed for you sooo tight!!

Dragonfly - don't let the past cloud your future. Think positive remember! You can ovulate earlier this month! I'm praying for a normal cycle for you with a BFP at the end of it!!

AFM: well thanks for the chart stalking Dragonfly. I am frustrated with MCTP charts though. I wish they'd take that silly blue line away. I definitely O'd on cd13! FF confirms it just fine. Sheesh. And they gave me a coverline at first, then moved it up, now they've taken it away completely! What? Whatever! FF has me at 97.4 for a coverline and I'll take that!

The biggest difference this cycle is the spotting on 3dpo (at night). I've never in my entire life (and realize I've had a period every month since 1984!) had mid cycle spotting! I googled the crap out of it and so many results came up from boards and ladies arguing that 3dpo is too early for IB, but there were a few who said they had IB at 2, 3, 4, 5 dpo! Plus I found a survey on one site where over 2/3rds of their members had IB before 5dpo!! :) The other options were Ovulation bleeding, but I think by (almost) 4dpo the blood would have been brown and mine was light red/pinkish mixed with a lot of creamy cm. Most IB is brown they say, but in my case because (TMI) I had been bearing down while going to the bathroom I think I had forced it out faster than it would have travelled normally? Maybe if I hadn't had to bear down, I would have had spotting a few days later and it would have been brown by then? I dunno. Sorry to go on about it like this, but it's really got me baffled. This is one symptom I can't ignore and if it turns out that I got a BFN, then I really haven't a clue what happened!

Speaking of BFN, I'm doing some serious thinking about what I'm going to do if it is BFN. I will definitely take Dec and possibly Jan off. I may quit altogether and see about getting back into the dating scene again and see if lightening strikes. This is just sooooo much harder than I expected and only having one shot at it every month reduces my chances even more. And it's expensive and my benefits are running out. And now after 3 failed attempts, my doctor will want to look at drugs and I'm not sure I want drugs (I'm a bit granola when it comes to meds - barely use tylenol). But the thought of all this not working for me and having to give up (even if it's 'for now') is so depressing. I already feel like I've lost. :(

I wish someone could tell me what to do, but I know better. It's a choice I have to make all by myself.

12 years ago • Post starter

Here's what I have to say, jenny...don't give up hope. I'm not saying keep having IUIs or whatever, I'm just saying don't get too down. You're right that only you can make the decisions, but no matter which way you go you don't have to stop hoping!

I wish I could say that better. But hopefully you can get the sentiment through the words. :)

And besides, your chart still looks great! This could be your month!

As for me, I started OPKs again. The one I just took...apparently I'm so far from ovulating that there was barely a test line. *sigh* Today is CD 13; I'm praying that I ovulate in the next week. Oh, I hope!

12 years ago

OPKs still showing pretty much nothing. I just hope hope they show something one of these days!!

Some good things are happening though, today we got two new couches (the old one never showed up!!!) and put up our Christmas tree. My living room makes me happy. :)

12 years ago

Keep POAS Dragonfly! Do you use internet cheapies? Hope so! Then you won't feel so bad checking every day!

AFM I am giving up hope. My temp hasn't dropped, but some months it starts to drop gradually before AF and some months it just drops drastically the day AF shows up. So we'll see what happens tomorrow or Monday.

I am feeling crampy on and off like AF is ready to show. Yesterday it was quite intense for PMS (still on the mild side though just to be clear) and moved into my back a bit. I felt like AF was going to show her ugly face yesterday already even though I'm not due until tomorrow at the earliest! Strange!

I have packed up all the things I've been collecting while TTC into a plastic container. All the books, the baby things etc. If I'm wrong I can pull them out again, but i really think I am done this month and will take a break to recoup and get back to myself.

I am quite down right now really. And that's why I think it's important to take a break. None of this is exciting anymore. It's just stressful and depressing. So I figure if I step away from the themometer/opks/turkey baster/etc for a while and just focus on me I can come back to this later with renewed excitement. Besides, I plan on getting in wicked shape which might help. And maybe I'll meet someone! Maybe I'm not destined to go the single mom by choice route!

I'll keep you posted in the next few days and I will still hang around to see how you ladies are making out. And to wish you all a Merry Christmas and to share New Year's resolutions with you etc etc. I'm not going anywhere just yet. Love and baby dust to you all! xo

J

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo