Community post

Discussion

Thinking Positive Buddy Group

View Full Post

Hi ladies! A few of us who supported eachother in the tww leading up to Sept 5 wanted to continue the encouragement and support we felt at the end of Aug - beginning of Sept.

A few of us got a BFP (yay!) and a few of us are gearing up for POAS again (OPKs). Check in regularly so we can all celebrate the joys and support each other through the harder times.

Single Mom By Choice TTC Using Open ID Anonymous Donor Sperm User Image

343 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

141 - 150 of 343 Replies | Last Page

Breathe, Jenny, breathe! Trust me, I know all this is stressful...but trust me on this too: it's all worth it. All the stress, all the tears, all the frustrations...it's all worth it. I didn't ever do all the things you're doing to get pregnant, but it took my husband and I three years of trying (and drugs) before I got pregnant with Xander. I was such a mess. But now I have my beautiful boy (and girl) and every tear was worth it.

Oh gray, what a stupid ultrasound tech. Even if that's true it's so mean to say! I'm hoping and praying the doctor was right and your dates are just a little off. Fingers crossed for you!

Wife to my soldier since May 2002, Mommy to Xander (June 2007) and Anastasia (July 2010)...miscarried in July 2011 but praying for a RAINBOW!

12 years ago

Well, I'm out. Started spotting a couple hours ago. I'm not at all surprised, but still...*sigh*

So the original plan was for me to go see a doctor ASAP after AF started to see about getting Clomid. That's how I had my first two babies...without it I ovulate so randomly, if at all. Anyway, now I think we're actually going to wait until after the first of the year. I'll still be temping and we'll certainly try on our own, but with Clomid it's all "sex on a schedule" and I just don't want that around the holidays. We'll see, maybe I'll change my mind over the weekend and call the clinic on Monday. ;)

The good news is I took some Motrin and my cramps aren't so awful anymore. And tomorrow I plan on at least one drink. :)

Let us know when you get that smiley face, jenny!!

Wife to my soldier since May 2002, Mommy to Xander (June 2007) and Anastasia (July 2010)...miscarried in July 2011 but praying for a RAINBOW!

12 years ago

@dragonfly: Sorry to hear about your BFN!! Boy this sucks. Such a long cycle and then a BFN, the waiting must be excruciating...

I am out, too :-(
Got my negative beta this afternoon and since it was a beta, there is no way that it could still turn around for me. This means definitely no summer baby for us anymore and more money that we have to take to the fertility clinic :-(

I have to wait for AF now, regroup and then start my next cycle of stims...

@Jenny... hang in there girl, you are getting very close to your next (and hopefully last) try!

xo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

I'm so sorry, TC. ((hugs)) Keep us posted on your next attempt. I'm pulling for you!!

I'm having an awful day. Oh my goodness, AF never hurt before the miscarriage (a few "annoying" cramps but never anything painful) but now I feel like crying from the pain. Apparently my miscarriage was the gift that keeps on giving. Blah.

Bad day. :(

12 years ago

Dragonfly and TC I'm so sorry for the BFN's!! Poo! Gray, I'm praying for your bean. Hopefully the doctor is right and your dates were off. Your cycle was a little up and down was it not?

AFM I got my smiley face today. A few days earlier than i expected! I had to poas at the restaurant where I was having brunch! LOL Then I had to have the doctor on call paged in order to arrange meeting him tomorrow for the insem. He finally called me back an hour later and I was at the movie theatre to see Breaking Dawn! LOL I quickly left the room but it was still so loud and I had to ask him to repeat himself. How embarrasing.

I have to meet him at 8:30 tomorrow morning on the other side of the city. I guess I will be up very early tomorrow!

So I'm Oing on cd13 just like the first try. I hope it's a good thing!

12 years ago • Post starter

jenny, that's great!! Fingers crossed that third time's a charm!

Feeling a little better today. Still really hurting, way more than a "normal" cycle for me, but I don't feel like crying. We're still skipping church, though. Anna is teething and super cranky, and I'm having trouble standing straight up, so I'm on my way back to bed (it's 8:30am Sunday here).

12 years ago

Dragonfly I hope your cramps have subsided completely!

Well, it's the tww for me again! I was there first thing this morning and gotterdone! LOL

Nurse had a really hard time threading the cathetar into my cervix. I warned her that is was a stubborn btch but I don't think she believed me until about 5 minutes later when she was still playing with it! LOL In the end though it was all smooth and fine and I am optimistic once again!

I'll keep you all posted of course! :)

Yay, Jenny!! Stupid frustrating TWW...but at least you're not waiting to ovulate anymore. :)

I'm almost feeling okay today. The past two days were MISERABLE, but they're over, right? I'll get through today with Motrin and a heating pad and then I should be pretty much done except for a bit of spotting. And then I'll spend about two months waiting to ovulate...unless I see a doctor. Still haven't decided if I should wait until after the holidays or not. Ugh.

12 years ago

It's gone all quiet...how is everyone? :)

I have a random-ish question. I tried OPKs for the past two cycles and never got a positive. I took them mid-afternoon, around 3ish, every day. When I ovulate I feel it, and it always happens at night (ten? eleven? something like that). Should I be taking the OPKs in the morning? Or at night? I'd just really like to catch the surge this time!

12 years ago

Hey! I've been quiet because I'm trying really hard to not obsess this month! LOL

As for your opk question. For me, I test every morning between 10:30 and Noon as per doctors orders using the digitals they provide for me. When I don't have digitals and have ic's on hand, I usually test mid morning and then when I get home from work at about supper time.

I don't think it matters much exactly what time you test as long as you A) don't use fmu and B) have concentrated urine whereas you haven't pee'd in a few hours and also haven't had a whole lot to drink in that time!

Maybe you'd be good to try testing at an earlier time in the day? Your positive OPK comes BEFORE you actually ovulate. Maybe your strongest surge would come in the morning hours if you think you usually O at night? Just a thought. xo

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo