Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part III

View Full Post

Ladies, here is our new thread and the link back to our old one...

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=14283&p=24#reply_81578

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

318 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 318 Replies | Last Page

Toronto - I am so excited for you..I know seeing that little bean squirming around was like heaven!!!

I know the dreaded stats, just hate to think about it..and yes I do know a woman who got pregnant without trying at 45.. And she was a grandmother at the time.

I am 43 going on 44 next year, so I am wondering if the clomid did hurt rather than help me.

Essemkay - I didn't know that it can thin the lining and my last dose was 150mg..ughhhh... What injectable did you use to get such great follies?? I am keeping my fingers crossed for you girl

I would rather go natural, but hey by January if nothing then I will go that route.

" border="0" alt="User Image" class="signature_image" />

11 years ago

Karin, yes, unfortunately Essemkay is right, Clomid does thin the lining! It also happens in younger women, but I guess as we are older, we are more prone to it. Using injectibles avoids this issue.
Did they say anything about your lining before the IUI?

What dpo are you right now?

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

I haven't done the iui yet, only a few rounds of clomid. But I will be moving on to that in January if nada. I am 9DPO right now...I plan on POAS on Saturday I bought a bunch of cheapies to start with and if I get a faint then I will break out the FRERS

11 years ago

Torontochick, yay for a perfect scan! I guess you're already past the gummy bear stage, aren't you? So cool! Best wishes for the NT scan!

Karinfrank, I'm doing Bravelle. I've previously had really good results, folliclewise, with Menopur, but my doctor didn't want to use it this time. Bravelle is FSH only, Menopur is FSH and LH. I also used Follistim with my IVF cycle. Follistim is FSH only like Bravelle, but is synthetic.

AFM, just got a call from the clinic. They said the lab wasn't able to run my bloodwork because there wasn't enough blood in the tube. WTF? I don't know how that's possible, it looked plenty full to me. Maybe somebody dropped it or spilled it? Grrrr.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Ughhh essemkay that completely sucks, do you have to go back today? How will tat effect your iui for this weekend?

11 years ago

No, I go back in tomorrow. We know I have no mature follicles from the ultrasound and I'm taking opks, so I know that my LH isn't surging. Not yet, anyway. But I would like to know my E2 levels. And it pains me that I went through a painful blood draw for nothing. I only have one vein that they seem to be able to get blood from, so by today after 5 blood tests in a week and a half, my arm is so sore!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Hello ladies, hope all are doing well and dreams are coming true. I did my IUI on Tues with clomid challenge,trigger shot. My E2 was almost 1800 on day 12, IUI done one day 13. My hubby's mobility was 29 million, the RE said the norm is 10-15 million, needless to say he is proud of himself lol. All labs look amazing and all I need is one golden egg. I had pretty intense ovulation pain on day 14 so i am staying hopeful. My 45 bday is Fri so this is going to be a great gift from God;) thank you ladies for the support. Keeping all this quiet is very hard. Now the real hard part my 2 WW. God give me strength and patience...amen:)

11 years ago

Thanks for the welcome.
Not that I'm glad that others walk this path,
but I am glad to find the others who do.

Oh wow! Happy birthday, treats!
I will eat some cake in your honor!

Anyone testing soon?
I'm thinking of riding it out this cycle & not testing unless late.
Think I'll at least fancy my last few 2ww's as PUPO.
Hmmm... depends on my willpower. I've got a stockpile of peesticks!

User Image

11 years ago

Hello ladies .
I have been reading this topic since it started and never have had courage to reply but I must say you all are very inspirational . You all give me hope I can do this I am 44 and had my last child at 38 . My other two are adults I got pregnant with all of them first month trying . Now 7 months of trying I have been getting frustrated Dbf is only 35 . I do believe having the merina messed up my body . I took my first round of clomid this month but I've had no ovulation signs and I didn't take them the normal days 5-9 I had to do days 8-12 . But I just wanted to say you all give me hope I can do this af is due Saturday I have no symptoms except tonight I have severe hip pain . Thank you all for giving me hope and I hope this reply makes sense

11 years ago

Welcome Ridersgirl... From everything I read about clomid, days 5-9 are sort of the latest period you can take them. Some women even take them starting day 2 or 3. I have read a lot about Soy Isos, which many women have been successful with. They are tooted as the natural clomid sans the side effects (dryness, thin lining). In fact, many women report more fertile CM when on them. Something to consider.
How do you track your ovulation?

Treats... Yeah, great to hear from you. Congrats on the successful ovulation and the IUI. Happy belated birthday, girl!!!

Essemkay, sorry to hear about the arm :( I am confident that you will have some good follies - hope this time it will all go well!

Karin... FX for a line!!

AFM: Yes, definitely past gummi bear stage. Saw the arms, hands, legs. Baby is about the size of a lime. So, I went ahead and changed my sig, hope I do not jinx it.

xo

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo