Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part III

View Full Post

Ladies, here is our new thread and the link back to our old one...

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=14283&p=24#reply_81578

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

318 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

91 - 100 of 318 Replies | Last Page

Ok I am getting so frustrated. No AF No BFP.....I am wondering if the EPO is delaying AF? Ughhh

" border="0" alt="User Image" class="signature_image" />

11 years ago

Karin--i so hate the waiting game in limbo....I am not real familiar with EPO but if i am thinking correctly it is to be taken the first part of the cycle until "O" hope u get that BFP....

Toronto--my dr. doesnt really think it is my progesterone either but that is what his thoughts were that it can't hurt, so had to have some blood work done should have it sometime next week...but he is leaning towards the hypothyroidism because of the huge weight gain after losing all my pregnancy weight after having our youngest, plus all the trouble i had with my milk supply and lil guy not gaining weight right, which really erks me because our reg. dr. refused to listen to anything and his response was to wean and put the baby on formula, but managed to keep it up with some supplementing until he was a yr old...and my OB is leaning more towards the thyroid than the lupus because of where i am taking the wobenzym and also since i got preganant and was able to carry him with minimal problems...so will see...but i am trying to treat my thyroid naturally as i don't want all that synthetic junk in my system, so found a formula called Raw Thyroid on amazon with alot of good reviews, and iodine to help proper thyroid function and L-tyrosine which all aid in healing the thyroid and get it functioning properly here is the site that has alot of good info on dealing with it naturally through diet and supplements, maybe it will help someone else:

http://healthwyze.org/index.php/component/content/article/211-curing-hypothyroidism.html

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

OOPS! Karin, you are not still taking EPO? Or did you mean progesterone? Yes, the latter can actually delay AF. If you have a clear BFN, AF should arrive once you stop it.

Take the EPO -ONLY- from AF to O. Stop as soon as O is confirmed. It can cause uterine contractions and prevent an embie from implanting or cause an early m/c if taken after O.

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

Well, angel, this supplement or iodine my help if your thyroid is off just a little. From what I read, it needs to be finetuned with thyroid medication by a doctor. I believe you can actually TTC while on thyroid medication, however, not being on it if you need it will prevent you from getting preggers...
I am glad you got one doctor who is listening and taking tests. What an i***t doctor who told you to wean and bottle feed :(

xoxo

Toronto - not taking anything now. Only took EPO from AF to O. Could it still effect AF? I have been on time with AF for as long as I can remember, this is the first time I am late except when I was preg last January.

" border="0" alt="User Image" class="signature_image" />

11 years ago

Karin, I have not heard that EPO would affect or delay AF. Can you get a blood test? Is it possible that you o'd later than you thought?

essemkay, I noticed too late that there was a chat message from you, but when I clicked on it, you were already offline and unlike FB the message disappeared before I could read it... Hope all is well!

xo

Hello,

Was following your topic and think it is indeed an interesting one.

I am in my 40 as well and have been ttc for the past two and a half years. Was pregnant last year May and had a M/C at about three weeks.

Had an anovulatory period from 2nd September to October 30. Currently I am 4 DPO and up until this morning was having mid abdominal cramping that started one day pre-ovulation and stop today thank God. Last night had a mild acid reflux to cause me to run for the Dica. I am not sure what these could mean as I did not have any symptom with the last pregnancy and I have never been around someone who was pregnant before so this would be a wonder experience for me if it ever happens.

I had made a promise to myself last month that I would not actively try again because I cannot handle the disappointment each month however when I see the ovulation after the clomid treatment I took at the start of the month I somehow had some hopes.

It is nice to know that there are women who are out there that is going through the same as I am and can maybe sometimes offer some advice whenever I am stumb.

url=http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com]User Image[/url][/url]13.png[/img][/url][/img]

11 years ago

Torontochick, it just said something like "Hey! I just noticed this chat thing. Sorry to bug you, wanted to see what it did" :D

Welcome, Nee2concieve!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Hi Ladies,

I am CD 22 and 11 DPO.

first my sypmtoms over the last few days:
Tired
weird dreams
nose bleed
nauser for a couple of mornings
craving currys
feel sick after sugary things
gassy
lower abdom cramps
sore but itching BBS

I am taking folic Acid, B6 and pregnacare vitimums.

We have been TTC for just over 3yrs now, had 4 chemical's the last one been last month.

Really hoping this is it but I have learnt the hard way not to get excited by my sypmtoms. We have had all the tests and everyone has come back 100%. We keep getting told 'it will happen', 'theres no reason why its not happening'

11 years ago

Toronto-yes u can ttc while on thyroid medication, just trying to deal with it naturally and see if that helps if not then the meds...but just from the iodine test to see if deficient on that link i posted, it says 12 hrs to see if the iodine spot is still there or absorbed, the last 2 days, it disappears in a matter of a couple hrs....so def seems that i am iodine deficient...should have my bloodwork back and then from there on what the dr. wants to do, i am hoping the natural way works, since from looking up the meds for the thyroid can cause headaches and already suffer from severe migraines, and dr has me on magnesium now to help with those...
on the i**ot dr, oh yeah that bonehead had me in tears many times, until i got with my lactation consultant and basically told him to stuff it...I wasn't giving up, many arguments on that one...:) needless to say i have a new dr. now :)

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo