Community post

Question

After IVF transfer - how early can I POAS? Had a 2-day transfer and beta is scheduled 14 days later.

I had my first IVF with a 2-day transfer last Friday, 14 Oct. My beta is scheduled for 28 Oct, which is after 14 days. Since this seems like an awful long time (I normally have a 10-11 day LP), I'm wondering if I can do a home pg test a few days earlier?

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

2 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

If you are taking hormone shots to help with the IVF, a home test may not be accurate. It may just be responding to the injections. Thats what i was told when i was going through the process to be a surrogate.

12 years ago

Actually, I had a HCG trigger shot. My question was related as to when I could expect the trigger to be out of my system. I found something on the web that you can "test out" the trigger. You get some internet cheapies and test every day until you get a clear test (BFN). Then you can assume that the HCG from the trigger is out of your system.

Well, I tested 6, 7, and 8 days past ER (or 8,9,10 days after the trigger) and although I had strips which claimed to be really sensitive (10mIU/mL), I got clean tests three days in a row. I now assume that, provided the tests were working properly, the trigger is gone and I should be able to start real POAS in a few days...

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo