Community post

Discussion

Looking for a BG TTC @40+

I am 42.5 and trying to conceive #2. I conceived DS when I was 37, it was easy, not even planned. Now I have been struggling for 9 cycles and also went through 2 IVFs already. I am not sure if my biological clock is up already, but I am not giving up hope yet.

We are currently trying naturally, but my cycles have been messed up since the second IVF. I am currently on CD15 with no sign of fertile CM or O, but my CBFM keeps showing Highs since CD7. I used to have clockwork cycles of 25 days with O on day 14. CBFM used to show 2 Highs, 2 Peaks and 1 High. Could it be that my estrogen is too high due to the IVFs? I am still praying that I might be ovulating late this cycle. Last cycle I o'd on CD9 and the cycle was only 17 days.

We will make a third IVF attempt, but I just started DHEA as a last straw of hope. Probably we will wait til April for our last try.

I am looking for some LTTC cycle buddies around my age...

to all of you!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

6 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Hi there

I am 41 and have just found out i am pregnant-yay. I have done it naturally, just taking B6 and folic acid. I have got pregnant 4 times this year but sadly miscarried the last 3, we have done tests but no cause found so its probably my age.

I know it is hard and it cetainly feels tough when month after month there is no baby but have faith it can happen, the internet is full of woemn our age having babies, and if you go back to the 60s and 70s how many stories are there of women thinking there were going through menopause when in fact they were pregnant.

Have you done any tests? the AMH is a blood test that you can take to see your fertility potential?

Anyway good luck i will check in and see how its going. fingers crossed for a bfp soon.

User Image

12 years ago

Hi there TTC@41,

Congratulations on your natural BFP - that is amazing!! And so sorry to hear about the m/c's. That is one of the things that I am most terrified of. Not only that it seems nearly impossible to get pregnant after 40, reading about all the miscarriages that are particularly at a higher age is making things even more difficult.
I know it is possible to still get pregnant and I have not given up hope yet. But I know there will be a limit. I will make only one more IVF attempt and if I am not pregnant by the summer (I will turn 43), I will need to consider DE. However, we really would love to get pregnant with my eggs so my DS can have at least a half sibling...

Good luck and happy healthy nine months.

I am hoping to find a nice 40+ BG here...

Cheers,
tc

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago • Post starter

*** BUMP ***

No one out there TTC over 40?? :(

Hi there! I'm 43 and TTC! I went through all the fertility stuff back in 2008 and didn't do so good on the Clomid. Decided to go natural (all me!) and go acupuncture. Our first cycle pregnant. I have a beautiful almost 3 year old!

We are trying again and got pregnant this past December. Lost the baby right before 12 weeks. My thyroid was pretty high and we think that's why we miscarried.

I am working with an endo now and my last test showed my tsh at 0.824, so I'm hoping with this next try that it will be a yes!!

12 years ago

Mommymayer... just wanted to point you to this group...

*Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)*

But you found it already... ;) (took me forever though to get there ;)

See you over there!

I am 43 too and ttc #4. It has been 6 months with no luck and I recently started acupuncture in the last two weeks and am going one time per week. Mommymayer, how long were you doing acupuncture before you conceived? I'm just wondering how long I should give it. All my tests came out good at the Dr. except my FSH was 11.6 which she said was pretty high. I really want this and I am trying to stay positive. It's just so hard...

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo