Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part III

Ladies, here is our new thread and the link back to our old one...

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=14283&p=24#reply_81578

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

318 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 318 Replies | Last Page

Yay!!! Glad you are keeping this going..you ladies give me so much hope!!! And IF, IF, IF...I get AF this month I will start temping. I am just afraid I will screw it up because sometimes I get up at like3 or 4 to pee, and then back up by 6am...shouldn't I temp before getting out f bed?? So would that be at 4 or at 6?? Ughhh I pray I don't have to!!!

" border="0" alt="User Image" class="signature_image" />

11 years ago

Thanks for the shiny new thread, Torontochick!

angel, I'm so sorry, I really think you should speak with your doctor about how to get these little beans to stick. It's hard enough getting BFNs, but I think it may be harder getting a BFP and then having it change. {{{hugs}}}

AFM, things are finally starting to happen. Went in for blood work and ultrasound this morning - waiting on the blood work, of course, but I have follicles growing! A 12.3, two 12.1s and a 9.3 on the right, and a 10.1 and 5 <10s (she didn't measure them, but said they're all about 9) on the left. Lining is up to 7.3, even though I'm still spotting. Best part was I didn't have to see Nurse McOgre OR the horrible insurance woman.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Essemkay are you going into IUI or IVF? Kmfx for you!!

11 years ago

Essemkay--yaaaaaayyyy, so excited for you, many prayers going up that this is your mth :)

AFM--I really appreciate all the thoughts and input...especially that irregardless i know the trust and honesty is there :) so i did choose to stop the progesterone yesterday so none yesterday....still no AF and my temp went up even more...????? and yes Essemkay, i think this is even harder not only to see the BFP for it to go away, but also to be hanging in limbo, not knowing what is going on...not that it would be easier per say, but would much rather have my temp drop and Af come knocking than this, ugghhhh...

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Karinfrank, I'm doing IUI.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

IUI will be the next step for me as well...I just need to find a new RE. My current one makes me feel like crap, and he had the nerve to tell me that it costs a lot of money to maintain all of his equipment and that was before any costs were even discussed. I have insurance and I know what it pays and he sounded like he was assuming I could not afford the IVF if needed. I work for an insurance company so I know the costs. I wanted to tell him off and say of course I know the damn cost idiot. Did he not think I researched all of this before going this route...

Sorry for the rant, but ughhhhh I was so upset, so now another RE will get my money!!!

11 years ago

Karin, in my case, temping also worked if I had to get up at night to pee. I'd just get up pretty much in the dark, went to the loo and back to bed and temped at my regular wake up time. You should still get a temp shift pattern on your chart. For me, the only drag was weekends, when I used to set my alarm for temping, otherwise later temping times would have skewed the chart.

Whoa, essemkay, you still got loads of follies growing - I wish I had that many in my IVF cycle... There's got to be a good one in there!

Angel, I am so sorry that the beans don't seem to want to stick. Quite frankly, except for IVF cycles, once the egg has been able to implant successfully, it would no longer need progesterone and you should still get a bfp after you stopped. Hopefully you get an answer soon!

xo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

Hi ladies.... I am Carolyn..... I live in Indianapolis with my dh and 5 furry children (2 dogs, 3 cats). I am 37. We tried for our first child for 2 years and had unexplained infertility. We finally got pregnant after doing clomid for 6 months and our first IUI! We had our daughter in June. Because we are older and want more children we are cautiously trying. If we don't get pregnant by her first birthday then we will go the route of infertility treatment again..... So I am here- trying but not too hopeful that it will happen.

This month I happened to be put on Metformin because I had gestational diabetes and they want to prevent me from getting diabetes now.... but it is also used for infertility issues so I am hoping that helps some for TTC :) Couldn't hurt right? We timed the bding perfectly and I am 1dpo..... but if I want to test it will be while we are gone for Thanksgiving when I would be due for a pregnancy test :( I might have to wait and just see if AF shows up this time.......

11 years ago

Welcome, cjpalaska! You need to update your profile page - it says children 0! :D

Torontochick, my RE said he wanted me to have 4-5 mature follicles by trigger this cycle, so hopefully the current 5 frontrunners will stay in the race! The risk of multiples is a little scary, but 2 years ago I did an IUI with 9 mature follicles and that was BFN. The odds of pregnancy at all are just so miserably low and since it looks like this may be our last hurrah, I really hope we're able to maximize what we have to work with.

11 years ago

essemkay... Both my REs always said that at our age, the difficulty is to find this one good egg. The risk for multiples on the other hand is very low at this age! Hopefully you get the golden egg from your five! FX FX

Welcome cjpalaska!!

11 years ago • Post starter

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo