Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part III

View Full Post

Ladies, here is our new thread and the link back to our old one...

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=14283&p=24#reply_81578

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

318 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

171 - 180 of 318 Replies | Last Page

Yes, soy iso's can work for egg quality too! just like clomid does. Especially when older like us :) It mimics estrogen like clomid does to fool your body to make more and help with ovulation and egg development/ quality. So if you want it to help with egg quality then take it days 4 through 8 not 5 through 9 of your cycle. Just start with 2 tabs of the 40mg each day for your first cycle and see how you do then you can increase to 80mg for two days then 120mg days 6 through 8 if you need more. Just don't eat alot of soy also throughout your cycle like soy milk ect. The royal jelly helps with egg quality too..... I have autiimmune problems too and I think it affects my fertility also somehow. I should say though that with our first daughter we had all the infertility workups with a dr. so I know that my hormone levels ect were all ok with me before I started the soy. we just had unexplained infertility..... so if you already have hormone issues and don't know it I don't know how the soy would affect that..... that would be my only caution... but it won't hurt to try a few cycles if you aren't going to go the infertility dr. soon anyway......

11 years ago

cjpalaska, how would you know if you need more and to increase the soy iso dosage?

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

essemkay and deyzer... Very sorry about the BFNs. :( Sending you a big hug!!

Pix... Great to hear that your son has recovered well. Wishing you all the best.

I wanted to chime in on the soy isos. I spent a lot of time scouring the internet for information, even tried them myself two times. If you google Soy isos and Clomid, you will find many pages. There are even threads and groups out there of people trying to get preggers with Soy Isos.

http://www.justmommies.com/getting-pregnant/fertility-medications-and-natural-supplements/soy-isoflavones-natural-alternative-t

http://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a12154345/bfps_with_soy_isoflavones.

A few pieces of information:
They say that Clomid is twice the strength of Soy Isos. So if you ever tried clomid, use double that dose (i.e. 50mg of Clomid = 100mg Soy isos). Many women also seem to be successful with staggering the dose. The days you take them are 5 days anywhere between day 2 and day 9. So if you start on CD2, you finish after 5 days on day CD6, and so on. I believe women start them depending on when they normally ovulate. If you typically o late, you start them earlier. It's a bit of "experimenting" really, what works best for you. Take them before bed due to possible side effects (hot flashes or headaches). I had none. The advantage of Soy Isos is: they are readily available and they do not have the side effects of Clomid, meaning they will not dry up your CM but often increase the production of EWCM, which is a good thing.

All's well here. Feeling much more relaxed after my NT scan. Next OB appt is on Dec 13.

xo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

Well ladies I got my smiley opk today :) cycle day 11 or 12 for me so the soy moved it up by a day or two.... usually I O around 13 or 14. But otherwise no other symptoms for me or side affects this cycle. I did the 200mg because I was on 100 mg of clomid before. I did 4 tabs days 4 and 5 then 5 tabs days 6 through 8. BUT my sister and I had a huge fight today and I am not in the best mood to bd tonight.... Hate family drama and I spent the day crying.. she said some hurtful things..... so I need some ideas on how to get myself in a bding mood by tonight.... Any ideas?

11 years ago

Cj--first off maybe try a relaxing hot bath, hot cup of tea (warm milk), and just focus on your partner, i know what u mean, i have dealing with non stop family drama the last few mths with my brother....i just try to put it out of my head ( i know easier said than done) We are pretty close together within a couple days, got my + sunday night, I think i "O'd" yesterday, temp jumped this morning, so hoping we caught the eggie this time, so the awful TWW....

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Ladies, on the soy isos... I checked my records to see what I did:

First cycle:

CD3 50mg
CD4 100mg
CD5 100mg
CD6 100ng
CD7 150mg

Ovulated on CD17 (3 days later than usual)

Second cycle:

CD2 100mg
CD3 100mg
CD4 100mg
CD5 150 mg
CD6 150 mg

Ovulated (probably) on CD11 (3 days earlier than usual), but never got a peak on my monitor and didn't use OPKs.

After that, I didn't try again, only used Vitex.

Good luck angel and cjpalaska!

essemkay... Plan B yet?

xo

Numbers, treats, faith... would love to see you over here...

http://www.countdownmypregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=3992&p=4#reply_14035

Hope all is well with you ladies.

Faith, wasn't your u/s this week? FX!!!

torontochick, my mom agreed to lend us some money, so we're looking into doing IVF again as one last hurrah (or two last hurrahs -- going to see if she will lend us enough to buy a multi-cycle deal). Have an appointment with the RE on 12/19.

If I'm not pregnant by my next birthday, then we're done. That's a hard thing to accept, though.

However I was talking to a friend the other day about foster to adoption and she said that although when I spoke to the foster care agency they told me they had no healthy babies in the system, just special needs adults, troubled teens and sick babies, that's probably not the case -- they just really want parents for the hard to place and so really push for them. Which is understandable, but the sad truth is I'm not altruistic enough to take on a special needs adult or troubled teen and although if I had a baby that had special needs, I would move heaven and earth to care for them, I don't want to select that. I know that makes me sound bad, but it's truthful. I digress -- what I meant to say was that possibly we could still adopt.

I had contacted a couple of adoption agencies a few years ago and aside from not being able to afford it (the minimum fee seemed to be about $30,000), they all told me we weren't good candidates because of our age.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Hi ladies.... How is everyone? I am on 1 dpo today..... Ovulated yesterday.... clear temp rise today and I had a pos. opk on Mon. We bd'd Mon. and last night...... so the wait begins....................feeling good though about the timing ect. now it is up to God/ fate timing ect...... out of my hands!

11 years ago

Fingers crossed for ya, cjpalaska!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo