Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part III

View Full Post

Ladies, here is our new thread and the link back to our old one...

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=14283&p=24#reply_81578

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

318 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

261 - 270 of 318 Replies | Last Page

Darn! CP I am so sorry to hear about the BFN :( Christmas is a good time to take a break and enjoy the festivities. You can relax a bit.

Angel, I guess at this point not BFP and temps down its the progesterone delaying AF. I think you've been on them for two weeks, right? If you are comfortable to say that it's likely BFN, I'd stop the progesterone.

Deyzer, 9dp trigger could still be the trigger. Keep on testing...! FX

Numbers... Good to hear from you! My next ob appt is on Jan 10. A week or two later I will have my anatomy scan. Until then, I have to believe that everything is going to be ok. All the best to you!!

essemkay... What's the plan for you?

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

Toronto...are you feeling any movement yet? Wierd flutterings and bubbles in your belly? I asked for a scan after the CVS to check everything was ok but they said unless I bleed then its not necessary so I just hope all is well in there. Can't wait to find out the gender, I already have one of each so I'm not fussed either way...how bout you?

Angel...yes I would stop the progesterone too. If your temps are down then AF should arrive

User Image

11 years ago

Numbers, yes, I've been feeling the flutters for a few days now. I guess I would no what it is if this was my first, but I recognize the little taps. It's good reassurance. My OB did a quick u/s last week and she was there well and wiggling with a strong hb. My tummy keeps growing, which I think should be a positive sign, too - means that baby's growing as well.
Started looking for a midwife but it's tough. They are highly sought after and booked solid. After insurances in Germany increased their insurance fees heavily, many stopped working as midwives as the cost became too high for them...

11 years ago • Post starter

Toronto...yes all good signs. I still can't find a hb on my doppler though, its very frustraring. We are very lucky in the UK as we have the NHS. And I just get told where and when to go for all my appts, its a very easy process here. You can pay for extra care but its not necessary. My midwife is actually my daughters friends mum so its nice. The next milestone will be when I get to halfway in January, then ill be counting down the weeks!! I don't really enjoy being pregnant and getting 'fat' but I'm trying to embrace it and can't wait to meet the little one in May.
You take care x

User Image

11 years ago

Toronto~yes i have been on the progesterone since 3dpo, and depending on which chart am either 15 or 16 dpo today, i figured i gave it until this morning to test one more time, i'm not seeing anything, so i think your right, my temp dropped again a bit this morning, so i do believe i am out and am stopping the progesterone as of today...so need to do some talking to the hubby, he has said a few times just wanting to stop, and our agreement was if it didn't happen before my bday that we would stop and just accept it as God's plan...he is nervous with our age, now that he just turned 45 and i am now 42, so will see what happens but for now, i just want to enjoy Christmas with my family and be thankful for everything that we have been blessed with....who knows last time i got creative for hubby's Christmas gift on bc, and ended up preggers with our one son, lol.......

I am so happy for you and Numbers, it is so amazing to start feeling those flutters, and that all looks good with your little ones :) thoughts and prayers to all... <3

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

I'm so sorry, angel and cjpalaska.

torontochick and number3pls, so exciting to hear everything's going so well with your pregnancies! I simply adored being pregnant (well, not the swollen feet part at the end) and feeling the baby move. I really hope to experience that again.

We're meeting with the RE tomorrow about IVF. I ovulated yesterday - I was hoping to have one last shot at a free baby, but my husband was really sick the last 3 days, so no BDing. I know the chances of a natural pregnancy are crazy low anyway - but I hate that we didn't try one last time. On the plus side, I can booze it up on New Year's!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Essemkay--hope things move forward for you and the IVF works for you, and always a bit of a positive to things, :)

if y'all wouldn't mind taking a peek at my test from this morning pretty sure it's a neg, but my eyes are a tad blurry this morning and sometimes i swear they play tricks on me, just would like some input as to your thoughts, b4 i stop my progesterone...i would really appreciate it..

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test80505

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

I'm sorry, angel - I don't see anything.

As always, though, it could be the fault of my monitor or the photo.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Essemkay--that's ok just wanted a trusted opinion, i don't think i see anything either but sometimes when i look at it i think i see something, but my eyes just aren't cooperating today...especially for being 15-16dpo, would think it would b pretty obvious if something was there.....guess just needed the reassurance that it's BFN b4 i stop my progesterone...

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Angel: I wish I could say I see nothing so you would be sure.... but I do think I see a faint line- if it were mine I would think I see something there..... but I know that doesn't help you. I guess I would test one more day and see if it were me. Sorry- but I had to be honest.

AFM: I had the worst period night i have had in ages. I actually woke up to my pajamas soaked through and the sheets! I haven't had that happen since I was young- I use to have really heavy periods. Maybe because I have been off birth control now for 3 years and I had my pregnancy? Would that make your periods heavier? Or maybe it was the soy? Not sure but MAN it sucks! I have also had major PMS and cramps..... YUCK! Just hoping it goes away soon and I can get on to waiting to ovulate again!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo