Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part III

View Full Post

Ladies, here is our new thread and the link back to our old one...

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=14283&p=24#reply_81578

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

318 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

181 - 190 of 318 Replies | Last Page

CJ--good luck hun, prayers going up for that BFP for ya :)

essemkay--how are you doing?

AFM--i am 4dpo, started my progesterone that my dr gave me to see if that helps any, seems that the supplements for my thyroid seem to be helping as i am feeling better, but as for levels will see if that is the case next mth when they recheck my blood...

also for those that have taken progesterone b4, (other than cream have never taken it) my dr gave me 200 mg Microgest, it is oral, but have been doing some reading that it can also be used vaginally (sorry tmi) and that it tends to be better used that way. Also conflicting is does it matter if i take it at night or in the morning? any advice or thoughts would b greatly appreciated....

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

essemkay... I am so sad for your BFN but glad you managed to come up with the money for hopefully a couple more cycles. I have heard about donated meds - that would be saving you some $$$ - have you looked into it?

angel... I definitely recommend taking the progesterone vaginally. I know from the IVF world, that this is the way to go. I have also read up on it and it's the better way. It goes directly were it's supposed to go and is better absorbed by your body. Also, it doesn't have to be metabolised by your liver. It is a little bit messy, but I recommend quality pantyliners and you can get used to dealing with it. Since you are on only 200 mg (in IVF, I got 200mg 3 times a day) I suggest that you take it at night before bed. If you have a little intermezzo with DH planned, put it on afterwards.

Hugs & good luck to all of you!!
xx

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

angel, I also recommend taking the progesterone vaginally if it is possible to do so. Not only does it get the progesterone where it needs to be better, but might avoids some of the systemic side effects (although I still always get sore breasts, fatigue, dizziness, cramping, bloating, and headaches when I take them vaginally).

torontochick, my RE doesn't have a donated meds program. Once we meet on the 19th, I'll find out what meds we'll do. I hope either bravelle or menopur or both, as I have leftovers of both. Not enough for an entire cycle, but that will save a bit of dough. Although part of me wants to do follistim, since I had success with follistim in the past and kind of want to do the exact same thing that brought me a baby before. The nurse said to remember that I am not the same patient that I was two years ago and to not hold on to prior protocol hopes too tightly.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

I am 2 dpo today.... still having ovulation pain and cramping..... which is weird for me after O - maybe it has to do with the soy? Also really hungry.... feeling optomistic but I don't want to build myself up to hopeful just to get let down around Christmas time..... so to keep my mind realistic I watched the "great sperm race" last night ..... really puts it into perspective al the miracles that have to happen just right to create a life! Amazing any of us are here at all! We have a family photo tomorrow..... our two dogs, baby Madison, and dh and I. We have cute reindeer and santa dog costumes for our dogs and a cute first Christmas bib for Madison. Then on Sunday we are going to our first football game in a staduim. After moving to Indianapolis I bought dh tickets to a game here to see the Colts. We have nose bleed seats but at least we can say we went! That should keep me busy for a few days and my mind off of the tww..... Hope you all are having a great day!

11 years ago

cjpalaska - I'm right behind you on the 2ww. Good luck and Go Colts :)

toronto - i love your countdown ticker...can't look at a lime or a peach without smiling now

angel - vaginal progesterone is the way to go...i had used the softgels (yellow) in the past, but my RE has me on Crinone gel lately...its pricey since not generic, but time-released, so only have to do it once a day and not as messy. if you have coverage, its worth it, but if not, the regular stuff really is fine with pantyliners (or it was for me, anyway).

afm - 2nd IUI was today. Big, beautiful egg, lining was "textbook", and DH's counts were double what they were last time (though i'm suspicious still not great since they didn't volunteer details). Only 1 weird thing, the nurse who did the IUI said i was bleeding a bit before she started...not sure what that's all about but hope not a problem.

Fingers crossed for all of us awaiting a lovely Christmas gift.

11 years ago

cjpalaska, the costumes for the photo sound adorable. Have fun at the game!

justone, good luck! Perhaps it was ovulation bleeding? Seems a bit weird.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

ok, thank you, that's what i thought that vaginally would be better from everything i have read so far, appreciate the input......will see what happens this cycle 4dpo atm FX'd

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Angel I just got my +OPK today and I will begin the same with my pills vaginally. I will be here with you through the TWW hoping for a lovely Christmas gift!!!

Go Colts :)

" border="0" alt="User Image" class="signature_image" />

11 years ago

karin--awesome, 3 of us as cycle buddies, we will get through this TWW together, hoping for a bit of a Christmas/bday gift :)

Toronto--I noticed that you said with your ivf you did 200mg 3x's a day...i am only doing once a day, and I have been doing some more reading and there is also a connection between low progesterone and Hypothyroidism....wondering is the 200mg once a day at bedtime sufficient with the probs i have been having? I know ur not a dr, was just curious as to ur thoughts....I have also with my iodine supplement and Raw thyroid combo supplement have started to feeling better, temps are back into the normal range for me....and in the last week w/o really trying...I have now lost 11 lbs :)

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Angel, I dunno. In IVF, they have to give you progesterone, because the granulosa cells, which naturally produce prog after o are removed at the retrieval. So they have to add prog back to maintain the LP. In your case, your body is likely making sufficient prog, but you could find out by getting a blood test on 7dpo and it should be above 15 ng/ml.

The extra 200mg are an additional benefit. I am not sure if you need more. Only your blood and a doctor can tell.

essemkay, this is a shame that you can't organize your own meds. Here, the doctors just give you a prescription and don't care where you get your meds from. Hopefully it all works out with the leftovers. BTW, I had better success with Gonal F and only one vial of Menopur per day (what's your dosage anyway right now?). I have read a research according to which success rates and egg quality were higher with a combo of less LH (which is in Menopur) and more FSH (eg Gonal F).

xxxx

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo