Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part III

View Full Post

Ladies, here is our new thread and the link back to our old one...

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=14283&p=24#reply_81578

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

318 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

121 - 130 of 318 Replies | Last Page

number3pls, what test did you do? Was it the nuchal scan and PAPP-A and beta-hcg blood tests or that new MaterniT21 thing?

I hope the CVS goes smoothly and shows everything's okay.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Essemkay...yes bloods, nucheal, rump length and my age all goes into computer and gives result. I knew it would be high, was expecting 1 in around 90 but 1 in 5 !!! :(

User Image

11 years ago

That's scary. But there's still an 80% chance that everything's normal.

With my pregnancy, I tried to get them to give me what the odds would be based on the baby, instead of just bumping them up because of my age, but they wouldn't do it. I can't remember what the number was, but they told me that based upon my age alone, the least risk they could get the program to give was something like 1 in 500.

Did they notice any heart or kidney defects or lack of nose in the ultrasound? They told me those were the most telling (other than the nuchal thickness) soft indicators.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

She didn't say anything at the time no. I've tried to study my scan pic to see if I can see a nasal bone but its difficult to an untrained eye. We were however told today that my age alone would take the odds to 1 in 75 and she did say the tests on baby came back normal but on the high side of normal. I'm trying to stay positive but its just so hard. I'm not sleeping to well and I'm just so weepy now :(
I really appreciate your support though...thanku xx

User Image

11 years ago

Well took a cheapee test and it was BFN and i had one spot of blood. AF due on thursday think I can say im out this month. Well peed off cos i was sure this was it. What more can i do!!!! Ive lost a stone in weight, taking all my vitiums etc, i dont smoke or drink what am i doing wrong??!!! I feel so down right now

11 years ago

Kraken, I understand your dissapointment, I really do but until AF shows you are not out. Are you temping? I got very faint BFP at 11dpo (I even thought it was an evap) but some don't get a positive until much later. Try and stay positive...fx for you x

User Image

11 years ago

Shucks, so sorry to hear about your result, numbers. I feel for you being upset and confused now. Try to think about the fact that the NT and organ scan was good - the blood results could be off.
My doctor explained this to me as follows:
My Statistical risk for Down's based on my age is about 1:30. Once they took into account all the measurements from the scan and results of the bloodwork, my risk dropped to 1:595. He said that with this calculation they are using, I can't get a better result because you cannot improve your age-based risk by more than times 20.
In your case, the baby looked perfectly normal on the scan, so this is what I'd be focusing on. And, I would make sure that the clinic doing the CVS specializes in these procedures. The more of CVS and amnios they do per year, the lower is their risk rate for m/c.
I am thinking of you and praying this will turn out ok!!

Kraken... Still not out until the witch shows!!! I know how you feel - down and defeated. But statistically, it does take a lot longer for "older" women to get pregnant.

Essemkay... What DPO are you? How are you feeling?

xo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

Number3--as hard as it is try to stay positive hun....like Toronto said if your scan was all good then the bloods could be off, they do give off false positives on those tests, my blood with our youngest came back elevated for spina bifada, but our scan was completely normal and showed no problems for downs or spina bifida, they sent us to our womens hospital for a more in depth scan and again showed no abnormalities, we opted out of the amnio based on the 2 scans being normal, and our lil guy is completely healthy...hang in there hun (((HUGS))) many prayers going up for you

Toronto--oh my goodness so excited for you, good to hear your scan was good and a precious baby girl ((((HUGS)))) *happy dance* :)

Kraken--hope things work out for you, (((HUGS))) and prayers

Treats---yaaaay for you!!! (((HUGS))))

Afm--currently cd 8, still waiting on blood work on my thyroid and with my thyroid supplements so far am already starting to drop some weight, and feeling better in the area of fatigue, so will see what happens..don't know if this is a good sign or not, but AF went from 3-4 days to 6 days like it used to be before i was preggers with our youngest....

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Toronto & Angel...thankyou so much for your kind words, they have given me alot to think about. Truth is, there really is nothing I can do about it anyway apart from hope and prey that everything is ok and normal. I have got an earlier appt now....its tomorrow morning so we wont have so long to wait for the results.I'm hoping they will be in by Friday but it will be Monday at the latest. My husband is being positive which is helping me to cope. One other thing that is keeping me strong....the name of the department we have to go to tomorrow is called 'Rosie Dept' and Rosie being the name of my beloved cat who passed away the day we found out we were expecting....now thats fate!!

Please keep us in your thoughts.....I dont think we could do this again.

Love, luck and baby dust to all you lovely ladies x

User Image

11 years ago

Kraken, I'm sorry! but like everyone else said, it's not over until AF. Still crossing my fingers for you.

AFM, I'm 9dpIUI, not much going on. Still getting positive hpts from the trigger shot. I had thought I would get negative by now, so that gave me a faint glimmer of hope this morning that maybe ... but I just did the math and when I tested this morning was 249 hours since my trigger shot and technically if you go by the leaflet insert, the hcg has a half life of 27 hours, so it would take 270 hours for hcg to be about 6, which should be low enough that it wouldn't register on the Wondfos.

So, nothing to do but wait and see what tomorrow's test brings. If it's negative, that'll just mean trigger's gone.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo