Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part III

View Full Post

Ladies, here is our new thread and the link back to our old one...

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=14283&p=24#reply_81578

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

318 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

141 - 150 of 318 Replies | Last Page

CmonBaby, I'm so sorry for the BFN.

I haven't ever had a myomectomy, but I had a hysteroscopy and lap and was a go for IUI the next cycle. And I had 4 massive cysts (50+mm, 45mm, 40mm and 22mm) this cycle, so they put me on bcp for 12 days and they went away. So hopefully you're not as delayed as you think. Good luck!!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

essemkay- Ahhh! Thanks so much for sharing that! Ouch- Were those cysts painful? I haven't had any in 15+ years, but remember the pain. Luckily, this one doesn't hurt. The tech who did my US scan said RE will call & "direct [me] to what's next", but he was quite concerned with the fibroid *shrug* We'll see what the day brings... Fx!

User Image

11 years ago

Toronto - thats great news.

AFM - AF showed up really bad pains and big red glumps so im not having a good time of it at the mo.

We have decided to take a break till after xmas then back to the docs to check both our bloods are not fighting against each other and causing the chemicals. If it is then at least something can be done about it.

11 years ago

CmonBaby, these were my first cysts and yes, they hurt. But they're gone now and hopefully, if this cycle is a bust, I won't have any again.

Kraken, I'm so sorry. :(

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Oh no, Kraken :( I'm very sorry.

User Image

11 years ago

Cmonbaby I had a monomectmy in may of this year I had 6 large fibroids. Recovery is tough I had to sit out about 3 months. I have a c sec scar from it. Sorry to hear about your fibroid.. ;(

11 years ago

I'm glad I found this thread again! I was wondering why there was no action in my email alerts.

I'm so thrilled with the new pregnancies! God is good!

AFM, I am 11Weeks exactly today. My next Dr. appointment is next Tuesday. I've opted out of doing any genetic testing, b/c I believe they cause more worry than good. I will get the big U/S test at week 22 - then they will be able to measure whatever it is they measure to give me a more accurate percentage. Since I am going to have this child regardless, I don't mind waiting. In the meantime, I am trying to enjoy this pregnancy. I am still pretty much symptom free - which can be worrisome (is the baby still there?). I just have to trust in God and I thank Him everyday for this gift for today. Whatever happens tomorrow, happens. For all of you waiting for BFPs, good luck!

User Image

11 years ago

Hi everyone. First - congrats to all who got good news...seems the board is on a bit of a good luck streak overall.

Prayers going up for those awaiting potentially worrisome news. Its so hard to keep believing that once we see the whole story of our lives it will make sense or balance out some way...especiially when we don't have the whole story yet. But I continue to try to think that when I'm 60 and explaining this journey to my teenager it will affirm that belief :)

Anyway, apology for the philosophical jag, ladies. My first IUI was a bust. The posts about progesterone delaying AF were especially helpful as I was reading your comments while eperiencing that exact phenomenon and of course the Dr was unreachable over the holiday. You all are awesome! I am now CD4. Will go for u/s tomorrow and barring any concerns, will begin follistim again tomorrow night. I got pregnant naturally last December and learned i was pregnant on Jan 1, so am especially hopeful for a sticky bean this time...BFP would make a lovely way to end the year and nullify some of the awful sadness from the m/c.

Regardless, I'm not complaining. Many great things happened to me this year, including meeting and marrying the perfect man for me. We would love to have a child, but we are just as thrilled to have each found love at this stage of our lives and are trying to just be grateful for every moment that we get to spend together.

Thanks to all for the encouraging posts, ladies. You give me hope!

11 years ago

deyzer- Thanks for the info. That's what I thought but wasn't sure. And crap! At my age, 3 months is like a dog year to me.

Faith- Congrats on your pregnancy! And symptom-free to boot! You're so lucky! Wishing you a wonderfully happy & healthy pregnancy!

justone- Awww! You're a newlywed! Sounds like you've had a lovely year, indeed! I hope that you get your BFP in December, too.

AFM- RE called this cycle off. On CD2, my E2 level was >500! Apparently the cyst is just as nasty as the fibroid. Gah! (my RE likes E2 <50 on CD3)
The fibroid has been there all year, but every US I've been told that it was small & non-interfering w/pregnancy. It's more than doubled in size in 20 days. I can't help but think the extra estrogen that the cyst is throwing off is fueling the fire of the fibroid. I dunno.
Since we're sitting this cycle out... Margarita therapy is now in session

User Image

11 years ago

Saying prayers too everyone in there journey. I have big faith but I am also human and its so hard not to worry weather your in a TWW, beginning, middle or end of your pregnancy. I know I keep saying this but this page has been such a blessing to me to talk with others like me over 40.
Today had my second quant/progesterone and it doubled and progesterone still above 40. Have sono scheduled next Fri to check my lining & more blood work. I am standing in my faith, giving all the glory to God for this pregnancy. I am much calmer then I ever was with my last pregnancy in Jan, which ended with a M/C. So again thanks to you all for sharing such a personnel journey with me.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo