Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part III

View Full Post

Ladies, here is our new thread and the link back to our old one...

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=14283&p=24#reply_81578

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

318 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 318 Replies | Last Page

Karinfrank ...I hope you don't need to temp this month eiher, it is a bit of a pain but well worth it. Let's just hope you already caught the egg!!

Essemkay ...I don't know if I have an anterior placenta! At my last scan the doc just said my uterus was tilted which made it very hard to find the embryo even with a transvaginal. Its making it impossible with my handheld doppler, I've tried several times.

Deyzer ...good luck with the IUI. There seems to be high numbers of folicles this cycle so hopefully lots of BFP`s at the end of it

Thanku for your comforting words. Scan due on Monday so hopefully they will have more luck although ill keep trying with the doppler untill then xx

User Image

11 years ago

deyzer, after four years of trying, I'd say: Go for it! If you were doing IVF, this would be a good result for a retrieval. You are lucky to get that many follicles.
Somewhere I read (Dr. Sher?) that at our age, statistically only 1 in 8 eggs is not aneuplid (dna defect).

Numbers: How sensitive is your doppler? There are many different types out there and some do not pick up the hb before 14 weeks!

Good luck!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

Essemkay I will be 38 in January.

11 years ago

Toronto...its a Sonoline 3 mHz doppler. Kind of widh I'd never bought it :(

User Image

11 years ago

Numbers, I read the reviews on Amazon UK and GER and figure that it MAY just be a tad too early for you. Also, it seems that you need an empty bladder and sometimes you have to look for a while before you can find it.
With DS, I had one, too, which I ordered after I had a bit of a bleeding scare at the end of the first trimester. I do not recall what week I was exactly when I got the doppler. I know that it took my a while to locate the hb - I think it was somewhere above my pubic bone?
In any case, essemkay is right - if your placenta is potentially in the way, then you may need to wait more weeks before you can hear it.
I am still contemplating if I should get a doppler - tomorrow is my OB appt. I guess I will see what the result of this is.
VERY nervous and anxious about it.

xo

Toronto...I don't know if I would advise you to get one or not. I imagine if you find the HB then they are a wonderful thing to have between scans. If like me you can't find it then it really can cause a lot of stress. I now wish I hadn't got one though!

Good luck with your appt tomorrow, I'm sure you will be fine. Do you have any symptoms? Mine have all but gone...not sure if that's good or bad either. Let us know how you get on, will be thinking of you. I cannot wait untill my 12 week scan on Monday...either way I just need to know what's going on x

User Image

11 years ago

Numbers... I hope I will be fine, or better, I hope that baby will be fine. I am a bit scared, but I pray I can beat the odds. My belly is growing, I am having ligament stretching pains and there is still the nausea, but it has improved. My boobs are big, but maybe not be quite as sore anymore.
If tomorrow goes well, I need to make it until Nov 26, when I will have my first trimester screening (NT scan). If we get a good enough result from this, I will be able to relax a bit...

Crossing all I got for your scan on Monday!!!!! Please bring good news!! FX

deyzer... What did you end up doing???

Toronto...ill keep everything crossed for you tomorrow. Symptoms still sound positive so I'm sure it will all be ok. I have to say I didn't think about all this when I was trying to get pregnant...its just so stressful and worrying. I guess we just have to hope for the best. We are lucky to be in this position in the first place so let's just hope that we stay lucky. Fx

User Image

11 years ago

deyzer- When I had my IUI I only had 3 follicle on average...... and I got pregnant! Sounds like you have a ton this time! I am surprised they are also doing i twice - they only did it one for me...... keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Also with my daughter they didn't hear the heartbeat on the doppler until around 14 weeks! they always had to use the ultrasound and see it on the screen...... don't know why but she has no problems and there wasn't any issues.... just hard to find I guess- she liked to move around alot!

11 years ago

deyzer, hope your IUIs yesterday and today went great!!

torontochick, hope you have a great OB appointment and good luck on Monday!!

number3pls, I had anterior placenta so it wasn't until about 12 weeks that I was able to hear the baby's heartbeat on the dopper and even then it took a lot of patience and chasing her around!

Anterior placenta delays a lot of the joys. I couldn't feel the baby move until 18 weeks. And the 4D ultrasounds I bought they had a hard time getting an image through it. And the stupid placenta was partially covering my cervix (partial placenta previa) for most of my pregnancy, requiring a c-section -- although it did move eventually and at week 38 they said I could do a vaginal delivery ... only to have to have a c-section anyway at 41 weeks.

Anyway, enough bitching about my placenta -- no matter how annoying it was, I am so thankful for it!!! :D

More about me, follicles are still growing but none mature yet - waiting on the call to find out next step.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo