Community post

Discussion

Anyone late 30's and up trying to conceive again? :) Pt.2

View Full Post

Part 2 of the original "Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)" thread started in Feb.

Here's part one of the thread:
http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=8372

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

231 - 240 of 327 Replies | Last Page

Angel... Lupus is definitely a cause fir recurrent m/c and CP. I think you should give this Bromelain/Wobenzym a trial as it helps with immunological fertility issues.

Day 5 after D&C... feeling like life in slow motion. Sigh.

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

hugs to everyone who needs them.

Claudia, I know what you mean about life in slow motion. After my ectopic surgery I felt like time had all but stopped. I felt sucker-punched, and I imagine you do too.

Angel, can you go for a beta draw without your DH finding out?

Karen, I would get some initial tests done by the Dr before taking anything, even natural things. Maybe ask blood work to check your estrogen level and for an ultrasound at around CD 10 or 12 ( a few days before ovulation), to check the thickness of your uterine lining. If they are normal, then that isn't the issue and taking a natural estrogen supplement may be more harmful then not. I'd ask for a progesterone check at 7dpo too, even if you've had it done before, just to make sure it's still okay.

Both you and Angel seem to have a similar issue, recurrent chemical pregnancy. Do both of you get enough B-vitamins? They can help regulate your hormones. There are also some other supplements like the one that Claudia found. Fertilaid and Fertilitea. I've heard/read good things about both of those too.

I wish we could all get our BFP's and sticky babies!

Luck and hugs to all!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago • Post starter

My post somehow got added three times, so I just edited to delete the duplicates.

Thanx lisser ill look into what you said i really appreicate it

11 years ago

Toronto-thats what i had started thinking was that my lupus might being causing the cp's and m/c. thats where did some more google searching and found an article about dr's using heparin andbaby aspirin for pregnant women with lupus. i have been taking baby aspirin. i will def look into getting that stuff thank you for the info.

lisserb-right now hubby is on vacation so i am just trying to hang in there and monday he will be back to work. my ob's office is pretty good about getting me in same day then have results by 10 the next morning. the only prob is they just do the reg blood test not the beta levels until they get the positive on the first one. as far as the vit B i'm taking prenatals with the folic acid and dha. do u think that is sufficient or should i try adding B complex with that? the last 2 mths i used soy iso's which shortened my cycle and was supposed to increase quality of the egg. then i heard it can affect the lining of the uterus causing m/c. so didn't take that this mth to see what happens. and also using progesterone cream

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Toronto-oh my gosh thank you so much for the info on the wobenzym, i just read up on it, I can't believe i've never heard of it. Have it ordered and just paid the extra to have it here tomorrow. Maybe this is just what I need because of my lupus, it certainly sounds like it would def help,

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Kraken, I agree with lisserb - I'd get some testing done to see if there is an issue. I would not take estrogen supplements either, they could def screw up your cycle. I would therefore be cautious with soy iso. It's tooted as the "natural clomid" and I admit that I tried it (did nothing for me, just delayed O). It may be beneficial for women who do not ovulate on their own - which I figure you do?

As for the Wobenzym/Bromelain - this is not a hormone but an enzyme. It helps with implantation and miscarriage issues, similarly to Aspirin, but IMHO reading the study, it seems superior to Aspirin to me.

There is also more extensive testing that can be done on immulogical issues, antibodies, etc. These are known causes for m/c.

angel, it's worth a try and I figure you should def talk to your doctor about your Lupus. I think it is difficult to get pregnant with Lupus.

xo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

I know with myself i tend to not have a problem getting pregnant for the most part, my problem is maintaining the pregnancy. which could definitely be related to my lupus. I have had several m/c over the last several yrs, i did manage to have our lil guy who just turned 1 last mth, but had lots of close calls, but we made it. I'm def hoping maybe this enzyme treatment will be what I need. My ob knows all about my lupus but just labeled me high risk, but didn't really do anything. And from what I read on one study they use baby aspirin and heparin for pregnant women with lupus. But much rather use something that is natural, so hopefully when I get it tomorrow, it will help this lil bean stick. And also a natural treatment for my lupus, since i'm not on my meds.

I am now 3 days late, and no feeling of AF showing, lines still kind of faint but there.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

*lurking*

Hi Ladies!!!

Just wanted to add a little to the current convo -- I had two chemicals after my missed MC (and subsequent D&C) last year. Went to Dr. Google - like you Toronto - and got to reading and did EVERYTHING that you ladies are talking about.

My doc suggested baby aspirin, and then in addition to it I started taking a vitamin B complex (along w/my prenatals and fish oils) AND I chewed pineapple core for four days after ovulation for the bromelain. I don't know if that triple-play combo in its entirety did the trick or if there was one thing out of that regimen that helped, but it did. Granted all of this TTC business is all trial and error, but if you don't otherwise have any other health/reproductive issues and the body is deficient in some areas it does make this whole process that much more difficult.

I wish nothing but the best for you ladies in your journey, and I pray that we see more BFPs from this group very soon!

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo